Author Topic: Gotta Leave  (Read 2291 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Gotta Leave
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »
<--- Can't help but laugh as FBWildcat gives example to the darker side of the community. :)
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
Can't take what anyone here in the community says to heart, skorpion. I'm sure whoever is getting under your skin means nothing by it.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »
well first of all...no trees in vegas, second all the reasturaunts are crowded with hobo's trying to take jobs and third well...you cant have a car wash without the water bill going sky high  but anyway im still gonna stay on the forums and play offline missions. and VonMessa you can get a job on the strip but you gotta be over 21 and need to have some sort of masters degree in cooking or something...i dunno im not an expert on this  :pray

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a restaurant on the strip, or downtown.

Not a single dishwashing or bussing jobavailable?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 09:50:37 AM »
Hey guys i just wanted to announce that im leaving. blew thru my 2 week trial and it was a blast. then i got a real subscription and now my moneys all out.  :cry ive had some good times with you guys. (and as a side note im really getting tired of the community on AH...all they do is piss on me)  :salute

1) Sorry to see you go. Tough time require tough decisions.

2)  There are a few jerk face on this BBS...I get bash with my spelling and sort.  You just have to ignore the weak minded a-holes and not letting them get to you.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 10:18:32 AM »
well first of all...no trees in vegas, second all the reasturaunts are crowded with hobo's trying to take jobs and third well...you cant have a car wash without the water bill going sky high  but anyway im still gonna stay on the forums and play offline missions. and VonMessa you can get a job on the strip but you gotta be over 21 and need to have some sort of masters degree in cooking or something...i dunno im not an expert on this  :pray

I would venture to say deliver the newspaper, but I know that around here, there are no kids doing it these days.

My paper comes at 0400 hrs and is delivered by some homely looking woman with bad aim and a really loud car.     :(

All kidding aside, I don't know HOW younger folks find jobs these days between insurance limitations, age requirements, etc.

Kinda makes it difficult to develop any sort of work ethic.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:20 AM »
I would venture to say deliver the newspaper, but I know that around here, there are no kids doing it these days.

My paper comes at 0400 hrs and is delivered by some homely looking woman with bad aim and a really loud car.     :(

All kidding aside, I don't know HOW younger folks find jobs these days between insurance limitations, age requirements, etc.

the last time they had a newspaper boy in the neighborhood he had a bad heatstroke, and he has at least 5 water bottles with him all emptied within an hour from the heat

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »

I'd assume it's impossible about 70% of the time in the lower 48. Up here in Alaska? It's McD's poo-cleaner or drug money. Heck, even McD's isn't hiring high-school dropouts anymore. Everybody even shovels their own driveways due to "the economy" and semi-high gas prices.

But none of this is relevant to the OP. Good luck out in the real world, Skorpion.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »
I'd assume it's impossible about 70% of the time in the lower 48. Up here in Alaska? It's McD's poo-cleaner or drug money. Heck, even McD's isn't hiring high-school dropouts anymore. Everybody even shovels their own driveways due to "the economy" and semi-high gas prices.

But none of this is relevant to the OP. Good luck out in the real world, Skorpion.
thanks for the luck because im gonna need it lol.  :salute

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
u can't even do that anymore, ever see the story about the health inspector who shut down a little girls stand because she didn't have a permit.

Just the other day some kid had his Bake Sale in the local park shut down for the same thing.  Ridiculous.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »
Just the other day some kid had his Bake Sale in the local park shut down for the same thing.  Ridiculous.

For your own safety.

Just like the squirrels with cameras.

:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 05:31:23 PM »
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a restaurant on the strip, or downtown.

Not a single dishwashing or bussing jobavailable?

This is the West, gotta habla espanol for entry level bussing and dishwashing.  That or be pretty enough to be a waiter/ress, or have a degree (especially in Vegas) to be one of the chefs and cooks.  Not because you need to speak the language for doing the job, but so you can properly take/handle the abuse and angst (sh@! rolls downhill) the more senior kitchen staff will dishout to you.  He has better luck getting a job at fast food or chain restraunt as soon as he's old enough, equal opportunity employment and all.

I'd do chores or find an oddjob or two for some loose cash, save it up and then buy a prepaid credit card at the corner store to subscribe for AH.  Not a lot of lawns to mow or snow to shovel in Vegas... oh, you know what you are almost too late for but could get the jump on right away, hanging holiday lights (and taking them down in early January) around your neighborhood.  Start with all the old people in your neighborhood, do the work on the weekend when you and the customers are both home, then schedule an apointment with them in January to take them down and nicely pack them away in a box for them to store.  Either price installation and the take-down seperatley or do some package deal.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:40:27 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Sgtlead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 08:01:14 PM »
Hope you get to come back soon.  I took six months off and am back and having a blast.  As for the mouths on this game just ignore them.  Cartoon pilots that talk tough and live in their moms basement really arent worth giving a second thought.  :salute :salute :salute :salute
In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

When you see that Mosquito easing up on your 6 relax.  Its just me.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
Hope you get to come back soon.  I took six months off and am back and having a blast.  As for the mouths on this game just ignore them.  Cartoon pilots that talk tough and live in their moms basement really arent worth giving a second thought.  :salute :salute :salute :salute
lol i guess you got a point but its not really the people as i said before.  :banana:  :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 11:44:07 PM »
Get a gf that has money.  Mine pays for my gaming needs.  All i gotta do is tell her she looks pretty once in a while. 

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 11:49:27 PM »
Get a gf that has money.  Mine pays for my gaming needs.  All i gotta do is tell her she looks pretty once in a while. 

Semp

well...i would try that with my girl but she would slap the tan off me and then kick my face in. Shes not that stupid when it comes to money.  :lol