Author Topic: Open letter to Rammey and friends  (Read 1814 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Open letter to Rammey and friends
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »

Its a "promote" good behavior so yes it is a promo, would you like to be the poster child?

Yes please.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
please send your picture and agent info to www.avapromostaff.net
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
Their antics aren't just the AvA, but the DA as well, so it's not just like they rubbed a few people wrong here.  They personally haven't done anything wrong against me or said anything towards me.  But it really burns me when I get PM's in the TA, about people trying to train in the DA but can't do to their interference, hoping that I can do something about it.  Unfortunately I have no power in the DA, beyond anybody else. I've seen their behavior and attitude towards others in the AvA enough to know it's not just a case of misplaced anger by a few.  Isn't all this the kind of behavior that got the AvA the bad rap before :headscratch:.  It's feeling more and more like the MA's to me, not a place I can relax and just enjoy the action.  Hopefully this will all play out for the better and get back to the same atmosphere as before. 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
  Isn't all this the kind of behavior that got the AvA the bad rap before :headscratch:

It is suspected it may be some of the same people using shades.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:19:14 PM »
Last night on open channel there was a lot of trashtalking and yes I realize you were only one of the parties involved.
At one point I saw you say something to the effect that folks have been giving you grief from the start.

It doesn't help that you and your squaddies have adopted names that reflect the most complained about behavior in the game.

Seriously, if you have good will toward the arena and game why do you use names like Hoey, Rammey, and Vultchy? Either this is just your sense of humor or you are deliberately trying to grief and cause controversy.

I haven't been in enough lately to know if these names reflect your playing style, but have heard it does. That I will reserve opinion on, as last night my encounters with you and your squadmates resulted in good clean kills on your part.

Secondly, You have chosen to deliberately mock a newly formed squad by perverting their name and taking it for your own.

JG-3.5 Udet Sr? Really?

How do you expect to be anything but an object of derision when you do such things?

I invite you and your squad to reveal yourselves on this BBS.

Join the conversation, You guys obviously enjoy playing in the arena, why not try to be a part of the solution?

jimson (thinking of changing my handle to "Sorry" to reflect my skill level)

Jimson, an admirable effort to open a dialogue with these guys.   :salute They obviously choose to remain quiet on this forum and be a source of antagonism in the arena. It reflects their real life attitude, lack of consideration for others, and inability to fit in.  That kind of behavior tends to isolate people out in the real world.  Since the don't have a stake in being productive and making a positive contribution to the AvA, they need to be isolated in here.  The use of shade, just another mark of a coward.

So, the question is, let them continue at will or do something about it?   :joystick:    
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:23:13 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »
It is suspected it may be some of the same people using shades.

i hadn't thought of that.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 06:05:15 AM »
So, the question is, let them continue at will or do something about it?   :joystick:    

There's very little that can be done by players or AvA staff. Complaining doesn't help engaging them in conversation doesn't help.
For the first time Wednesday night I confronted Rammey and after a couple of exchanges he starts acting like the victim.
Weeks of negative behavior and flamebaiting people in the arena and now he and his bunch are the poor victims. :lol
I've seen this act before and it's very familiar. You guys have one option, ignore the negative behavior. Don't argue with them complain about them or suck up to them.
All these post all these threads and all the whining is exactly what they want. Even what I'm writing now is exactly what they want. Just stop it guys. IGNORE THEM, it may not make them go away or participate with civility but it will certainly give you more peace and take away any pleasure they get from acting out and annoying you. Squelch them if you have to and go on about your business don't let the arena take a negative turn you just don't have to let it happen. When you think about it's just not that big of deal so don't allow it to be. Stop talking about them stop complaining on channel 1 and stop writing about them. Toughen up they can't hurt you only annoy you and they can only do that if you let them.  ;)

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 07:40:27 AM »
Why not Just report it and have them Ban By Aces High?
 There is enough on line evidence chat text films etc, against them...
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 07:53:57 AM »
The purpose of my post here was to get them to respond with their side of the story, they choose not to which is what I expected would happen, but they can't say they weren't invited to clear the air.

My work is done as far as these guys are concerned.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 08:01:33 AM »
what guys?  :cheers:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 08:06:53 AM »
Exactly  :aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 08:15:12 AM »
Just do what you logged on to do... Play the damn game guys.  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 08:41:48 AM »
Just do what you logged on to do... Play the damn game guys.  ;)

I DOES.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 10:19:43 AM »
Why not Just report it and have them Ban By Aces High?
 There is enough on line evidence chat text films etc, against them...

you cant just ban them, they really havent done anything that bad other then a little mouthing off and some good flying. are they dweeby, yeah sure but then again there are lots of people in the MA's alot worse!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 10:49:18 AM »
There's very little that can be done by players or AvA staff. Complaining doesn't help engaging them in conversation doesn't help.
For the first time Wednesday night I confronted Rammey and after a couple of exchanges he starts acting like the victim.
Weeks of negative behavior and flamebaiting people in the arena and now he and his bunch are the poor victims. :lol
I've seen this act before and it's very familiar. You guys have one option, ignore the negative behavior. Don't argue with them complain about them or suck up to them.
All these post all these threads and all the whining is exactly what they want. Even what I'm writing now is exactly what they want. Just stop it guys. IGNORE THEM, it may not make them go away or participate with civility but it will certainly give you more peace and take away any pleasure they get from acting out and annoying you. Squelch them if you have to and go on about your business don't let the arena take a negative turn you just don't have to let it happen. When you think about it's just not that big of deal so don't allow it to be. Stop talking about them stop complaining on channel 1 and stop writing about them. Toughen up they can't hurt you only annoy you and they can only do that if you let them.  ;)

<S>

Exactly my point, Shifty.  Ignore them.  Don't engage in any verbal or text communication. Don't fly or fight with them.  Isolate them to themselves and their own bad behavior.  When they are in arena, change over to their side, follow them, and pass on their flight info to whoever is on the other side. Leave them totally alone.  It's admirable that a few have tried to make nice with them.  But, it is glaringly obvious that they are not interested in friends, just turmoil.  They chose to slither around behind a shade.  So, be it.  They don't exsist. Treat them as such.   :salute
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:14:03 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all