Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 21889 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2010, 10:40:20 AM »
I've been playing this game for about a year now and it has become a big part of my daily routine. For me, and as evidenced by the declining numbers may other players found the changes made to the game strategy brought out by the update in the town graphics and subsequent degree of difficulty in taking a base, I found the game to be frustrating instead of fun.

Robert

Oh,yes you are right and not the only one frustrated with the town size and graphics.There's nothing left to promote fights as team unless you want your personal glory posted on AH front page; with HQ and ather strats just useles spots on the map, caps, eny ,unbalanced gameplay,bases uncapturable,40% of both teams bases neded to rest a map +...this huge maps with 200 bases and 100 players; i don't see a logic reason anymore  to fight as a team for  taking a base, it's imposible to win a map and you don't fight against other team but against HTC's game set up.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:43:06 AM by ghi »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2010, 10:43:09 AM »
Try to keep up please.

well, it's hard.......those wanting to complain, change their stance and stories quicker than a politician.  :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »
well, it's hard.......those wanting to complain, change their stance and stories quicker than a politician.  :bolt:

Not really, why would someone who likes to win the war ever complain about bases being too easy to capture?  If anyone ever complained about that it was the furballing crowd, which supports the fact that bases are very tough to capture now and wars are impossible to win.  With all due respect, what the heck are you smoking?

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2010, 10:50:06 AM »
I can see several sides of this coin.  I don't agree with the means in which the OP posted his criticism, because it came out very much a whine.  I was tempted to post, "Do you want to WHINE the map, or WIN the map."

However, looking through the tears, I THINK I understand the point.  

I agree with others that the game is about COMBAT, but I also agree that the point of combat is to accomplish/achieve some goal.  I think of it like football.   You make plays to push the ball down field.  Yes, each individual has a role to play to defeat his specific target, but the point of the entire team is to push the ball downfield.  Would football be as interesting if at the end of every play, the ball was placed back on the 50-yard line?  The point of football is to drive downfield and put the ball in the endzone.  Bashing the others players is the means by which that goal is achieved and makes the game exciting.

I don't see the new towns as being all that much more radical toward game play than before.  I like the way they look and I like to be able to GV in them better than before.  They are more difficult to kill and much hard to know when they are down.  I am not sure how I feel about that - to be honest.  But I do like the towns.

Were I to suggest anything that might help, would be put each team in a corner with much more 'neutral' space / bases/ territory in between.  Let the teams come out fighting and swinging at each other to capture / occupy territory.  when the two or three sides meet in the middle, there will be one heck of a fight.  I don't know how this could be done or have any idea how to implement something like this, but it is a thought.

I am not sure I can describe what I am thinking... not so much as a base capture, but simply the ability to occupy and control sections of territory.  As an over simplified illustration, think of watching History Channel, when the WWII diagrams come on and they show the colored maps showing how German or allied forces push into the opposing territory and the color shifts to 'show the lines'.  Again, I don't have any idea how to implement or 'play' this idea.  But it is something different that (if figured out) may improve both the FIGHTS and the REASON FOR THE FIGHTS.  It would cool to think about 'supply' lines and how they might affect the ability to defend that base or territory.As an example, if supply lines are over extended, maybe the 'top' of the line planes and equipment are not available.  

(I know, the idea is fully thought out, but I still think it is something to ponder.)  :headscratch:

:aok

Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »
Not really, why would someone who likes to win the war ever complain about bases being too easy to capture?  If anyone ever complained about that it was the furballing crowd, which supports the fact that bases are very tough to capture now and wars are impossible to win.  With all due respect, what the heck are you smoking?

Nothing......but extremely tired.

i said that, because first you see someone complain bases are too easy. they change, then there's complaints that they're too hard. they complain about radar, so the level is lowered..then there's complaints that it's too low.

it seems to me that htc really can't win. no matter what they do, there are people going to complain. it's like people are looking for something to complain about.

then of course there are those that complain with titles such as this threads title.......not very constructive, nor is it very likely to lend much credence to the complaint, if for no other reason than how it is presented.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2010, 11:07:22 AM »
I just finished reading through the entire thread and have several observations.
1) A good percentage of the players come in here to relax and get away from real life.  This is their "Fun Time".  If the game isn't fun, they will find something else to do with their time and leave the game.  This hurts the game and gameplay.
2) Those of you who see a "whine" in every dissatisfied comment are missing the point.  This is one of the reasons the BBS is here: to register how PAYING CUSTOMERS feel about gameplay.
3) I agree 100% with DMGOD and Grizz.  QBert isn't the only player to feel this way, and there are a lot of really good players who have left the game for the very reasons QBert expressed.  He has an extremely valid point, and HTC should pay just as much attention to QBert as they do to "why we want a B-29".
4) Nobody ever said you had to agree with QBert, you may find gameplay perfect and exactly to your liking and skills.  Calling people names or belittling them because you may be in the majority only makes you look Pusillanimous and Petty.
 :old:

Qbert is a good friend and valuable component to this game.  It will be be a very sad day when everyone who plays is like Ack Ack.

TeeArr

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
Nothing......but extremely tired.

i said that, because first you see someone complain bases are too easy. they change, then there's complaints that they're too hard. they complain about radar, so the level is lowered..then there's complaints that it's too low.

it seems to me that htc really can't win. no matter what they do, there are people going to complain. it's like people are looking for something to complain about.

then of course there are those that complain with titles such as this threads title.......not very constructive, nor is it very likely to lend much credence to the complaint, if for no other reason than how it is presented.

Really an incredibly moot point caps.  

HTC wins by creating the best online environment they can for the most players possible and driving subscriptions upward.  That's how they win, it has nothing to do with littered complaints scattered around the bulletin board.  

What you fail to realize is how a happy win the war crowd makes a happy game.  If they are happy and personally engaged in what they are doing it promotes a goal oriented game.  Granted the worst case scenario of this was the 'whack a mole' situation that occured at times where you ended up playing cat and mouse with them around the map with no actual combat taking place.  This was lame, granted.  But overall, if they are happy the game feels more like a war is going on.  This is great for the game and for new players.  Furballers will always have furballs and vets will always have other vets to fight.  If the MA fights suck, go the freakin da, find a nice side base, grab some friends, and have a grand old time.  HTC needs this game to be more goal oriented if they want to ever make more money.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2010, 11:29:45 AM »
"(You come in and start playing a 1PM only to have the game change a 3PM just as you were about to get a base you had been working on for the last 2 hours, only to be told sorry gents we got to switch to the night arena you'll have to finish tomorrow, and don't forget to be there at 4am or the base you had sweatted your butt off to get will be back up.)

come to mid or early war we don't have that problem.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »
on top of that, when the arena comes back up, the base will be as you left it....if it was fully down, then it still will be.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2010, 11:48:01 AM »
LOUD NOISES!!!!!

<S> Melvin
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »
LOUD NOISES!!!!!

<S> Melvin

HUH?  I CAN'T HEAR YA!!!!!!!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »
+1
Couldn't agree more.

Bases are too difficult to take in a global strategic sense.  Yeah, it can be done, but it requires too many people and too much time to be worth a damn on a map sized for 2000 players.

Bases used to be very easy to capture but what many of you here fail to understand is how that promoted a goal oriented game.  Players could actually make an impact in the war with just a couple friends.  Heck me and bipolar used to try and sneak bases just the two of us from time to time and it was a blast.  Sometimes a few of us muppets would NOE raid a base deep into enemy territory and then defend the hell out of it and call it an "Alamo Mission".  That part of the game is dead.

Another failure of this game is to tie in the size of the map to the difficulty of capturing a base.  How many large maps have been won since the newest town updates?  You get one week to win a war(before the cap update anyway)...I highly doubt a large map has been won, in fact I doubt a large map hasn't even been close to being won.  

Not a very organized post, but just a few random thoughts regarding how the new towns have negatively effected the game.

+2

Boh Grizz and Cap are exactly correct.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »
Really an incredibly moot point caps.  

HTC wins by creating the best online environment they can for the most players possible and driving subscriptions upward.  That's how they win, it has nothing to do with littered complaints scattered around the bulletin board.  

What you fail to realize is how a happy win the war crowd makes a happy game.  If they are happy and personally engaged in what they are doing it promotes a goal oriented game.  Granted the worst case scenario of this was the 'whack a mole' situation that occured at times where you ended up playing cat and mouse with them around the map with no actual combat taking place.  This was lame, granted.  But overall, if they are happy the game feels more like a war is going on.  This is great for the game and for new players.  Furballers will always have furballs and vets will always have other vets to fight.  If the MA fights suck, go the freakin da, find a nice side base, grab some friends, and have a grand old time.  HTC needs this game to be more goal oriented if they want to ever make more money.

+3 (e.g. WWI as an example of failing to do that.)

You're on a roll Grizz.  :aok

Wab
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:33:10 PM by AKWabbit »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2010, 12:44:26 PM »

+2

Boh Grizz and Cap are exactly correct.

Wab

hey hey HEY!!

thems fightin words!!!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »
Qbert is a very good friend.  I feel differently about the arena cap change, but have to agree that base take is off balance.  I have posted on other occasions about the frustration of the current base capture system.  I have received responses, that let me know that it IS intentional that the work of an organized group intent on a capture should be halted by a single hit to a single troop.

For those expecting Qbert to need his flame pants and finding your own rump a little seared, maybe you read too much into his reasoning for posting.  Our CO (Zensen, Duxford Wing RAF) had the right idea to encourage Qbert to post here.  This is what good friends do (* what squads are meant to be like).   

To hear Qbert say, "Not fun anymore" echoes a failure somewhat on my part.  He has been one of the most fun folks to fly with!  Make no mistake, there is no inability on his part to perform any of what AH2 offers.  In fact, it totally took us by surprise, Dux to be ranked in the top 5 squads when it came to base captures in Late War October stats.   We don't run missions, or concentrate on anything other than trying to support each other where we can.  How the heck we got such a high ranking in this category, might be more of an indicator of fewer successful captures globally.  This I would like to see the numbers on.

Qbert, I do think that the NEW "save" function of the rotation scheme is BETTER.  Now, that we know what times we will be reset (crosses fingers) we basically, have a countdown ticker like half time of the Super Bowl.  :cheers:  Changes in the towns, ports and vehicle bases are graphically pleasing and interesting to explore, but down right evil  :mad: to try and spot any objects needed to be destroyed.  My conclusion again, to increase the POSITIVE gaming experience, HTC should do something DIFFERENT with the base capture.