Author Topic: new to this! (HELP)  (Read 1041 times)

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
new to this! (HELP)
« on: November 14, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »
   OK! so I started makeing mission's,( just trying small stuff)  had one put together, and tested It with the mission tester,  saw little color X's moveing,  thought that was it,  tryed playing,  it came up on offline miss,  but wont play!  tryed to go back to the ME.  and wont open?  say's AH has stopped working?  I was just useing it?   so I found the links for some missions you guy's made up,  (awsome)  I thought,  it see's Them in offline missions but won't load!  Say's (Invalid file)  little lost!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: new to this! (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »
If you can post the .mis file I'll take a look at it.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 07:50:17 AM »
If you can post the .mis file I'll take a look at it.
  It's one from AHWIKI,  someone said it was not updated, then I found a thread that said it was, ( it's the 100 plane furball from Yossarian)  it's the only one I've tryed,  some of this stuff take's a little time,  there are a few offline folders (4?)  tryed putting it in all four!   I don't think it was a zip file,  windows-7 would have said something,  still curious to
why my mission editor has stopped working,  I will reinstall it tonite,

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
The only file you need anymore (to fly a mission) is the .res file in your MISSRES folder.

The M.E. uses a .mis file that will be in your MISSTEMP folder if you made a mission.  It is only used to open a mission in the M.E.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
This is Crazy!   so I only put the downloaded mission in the(res file) and deleted every thing that I had put in other's, It's not even showing in off-line missions!  redownloaded th ME!  (do I even need it downloading already made mission's?)  cause it's still not working!
   I went ahead and deleted the ME,  and also copy/pasted  the mission to the missions folder,   so now I have the 100 plane furball downloaded to the (res file) and (missions) file,  and the (mission editor)  is gone,  It pull's the downloaded mission up in offline missions and says what it is, when I click on it,  still (invalid mission file) ?  Im lost,   the game work's fine,
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:26:08 PM by jocrp6 »

Offline warphoenix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »
This is Crazy!   so I only put the downloaded mission in the(res file) and deleted every thing that I had put in other's, It's not even showing in off-line missions!  redownloaded th ME!  (do I even need it downloading already made mission's?)  cause it's still not working!
   I went ahead and deleted the ME,  and also copy/pasted  the mission to the missions folder,   so now I have the 100 plane furball downloaded to the (res file) and (missions) file,  and the (mission editor)  is gone,  It pull's the downloaded mission up in offline missions and says what it is, when I click on it,  still (invalid mission file) ?  Im lost,   the game work's fine,
am I the only one who is having trouble understanding him???(NO OFFENCE DUDE)
P-39 FREAK

B-26 Marauder driver

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
am I the only one who is having trouble understanding him???(NO OFFENCE DUDE)
   he,he  don't worry bout it,  I get it all thetime,  Kinda getting the hang of thing's  I've got peabody's simple04 mission working changeing dir in DOS,  but thats the only one I can get to work!  I'm sure I have the latest version of AH from playing online,  do the differant version's make that much a diff?  to work or not?

Offline warphoenix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »
   he,he  don't worry bout it,  I get it all thetime,  Kinda getting the hang of thing's  I've got peabody's simple04 mission working changeing dir in DOS,  but thats the only one I can get to work!  I'm sure I have the latest version of AH from playing online,  do the differant version's make that much a diff?  to work or not?
I tried 1 of my missions, from the "warp-freeze" versions a couple months ago, the other day and NONE of the planes got into combat if I floowed the allied, I ended going sounth WAAAAY off the map, and if I followed the Axis, I ended up going circles around my base so yeah, the version deffinantly makes a difference
P-39 FREAK

B-26 Marauder driver