Author Topic: I need help  (Read 488 times)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
I need help
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:31:52 PM »
Ive been playing this game for a long time and I never seem to get any better, where nubies come in and in a year they're experts at everything.  So i'm looking for help in every aspect of the game.  Not to be # 1 points or score wise, but skill wise.  Here is what i'm looking to do.  In tanks, i'm looking to improve cover and concealment and how to range targets quickly,  Whirlblewinds and 5" guns (Gunnery). For aircraft i'm looking to improve how quickly and accurately I set up for shots and get saddled up.  Kappa did recommend Grizz to teach me how to set up for shots, I don't know if he's willing.  But I dont seem to be learning this on my own so I need help.  You can email me at jshoregtr@verizon.net
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »
Tank help

For starters when you are zoomed in on a target and have your sites where you think the bullet will hit the bad guy, put your cursor on that distance line as a reference.  This will give you a basis for aiming up or down and save time.

depending on what type of tank you are shooting at there are "kill zones" To kill a Tiger-shoot for the turret where it meets the body in a frontal attack, and in the same spot at bottom of turret for a side attack.  For the t34-85 as well as the t34-76-in a frontal attack aim for the bottom of the frontal armor, I like to call it a chin shot, and in attack on the side of t34's try to aim from the center of the tracks to 3/4 up the tracks.  When fighting a m4-firefly-an m4 may seem very intimidating which they are with that big gun, but go for that same kind of "chin shot" i mentioned earlier bottom of front armor and you will get a 1shot kill.  When fighting a Panzer, almost anyplace on a panzer when hit will result in a kill, but you may get a ricochet off of some points in the armor, I aim for the turret.

Whenever possible try to shoot on level ground, shooting crooked may result in missing an easy shot that would have otherwise saved your life.

Whenever possible find some sort of dirt mound to park behind, the less of your tank you expose the harder it will be for them to hit you, and also if you park diagonal behind a hill in for example a sherman, most rounds that do hit you will ricochet off of your turret.

If you find yourself wanting to spawn into a field and discover somebody has it camped, spawn in a perkless ride like a panzer and dont try to shoot first sortie, get into your pintle gun and scan for enemies before starting your engine.  Wait for the camper to fire a round and kill you, "important" make a mental note of where the round came from, now it is your turn.  You spawn in a t34-85 "which has the faster turret in the game" and spin that turret around to where they were sitting, now when they appear blast them.

If you wish to take out the beast the Tiger, which it is when used properly.  Ask someone if they would mind setting out supplys for you before upping, if no one will run some out yourself before upping the Tiger.  It is important to put the supplys in a spot at least 2,500 yards from the tanks you will be shooting.  I recommend a hilltop, but never park with your Tiger facing downhill, as its turret is very weak, and this exposes you to shots on top of your turret.  At a range of over 2,500 yards, only truly skilled tank drivers will be able to kill you with supplies around.  So have fun putting a Tiger to good use, which isnt often done in Aces High.

Shooting over hills- find tank in your pintle and drive just far enough over hillcrest that your main round will fall onto them.  Now align your main gun with where you spotted tank in pintle and fire...now quickly switch back to pintle before the round lands to see where it hits.  Do this over and over till you kill them.

Hitting a tank at any range in 3 shots or less
- guesstimate how far away the tank is and put your cursor where you imagine your round landing (it should be on the tank because thats where you guessed)....now without moving cursor fire..your tank will rock so put your gun back ontop of the tank WITHOUT moving cursor..
Now that your tank has settled tank your cursor and place it where it truly landed...now move your gun back ontop of the tank and fire..
You should now be within 1 to 2 yards of killing them.    
This works great for shooting on uneven ground as well.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,269006.0.html

A link to where you want to hit each tank for 1 shot kill

Range is all practice and using your cursor as a reference will help

Random stuff---some tanks can go up steep hills in reverse
Always park in neutral to avoid tank rocking when firing
Always park diagonal to enemy as it adds angles creating ricochets
Dont drive a t34-76--they just suck lol
T34-85 has HVAP rounds that shoot very flat---what does this mean?  You can shoot through openings in trees that others can't
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:51:31 PM by Belial »

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:06:48 PM »
Meddog, for the A/C part the biggest thing is how you think about it.

A lot of people try to get on someone's tail and just follow them around until they get enough bullets in them to shoot them down or they get shot down themselves. That's the hard way to do it :).

You want to anticipate where they are going to be, and drive your airplane to that point within the most effective range of your guns. With 20mm that can be anywhere out to 1000, if you are a good shot. With 50s or 30mm it helps to be much closer, usually 350 yards or less. If you understand a road racing the analogy would be driving around a corner or taking the fast line through the corner. The first is just following the corner around, the second is knowing where you want to be at the end and driving the fastest way there.

If you are using non explosive ammo, that is machine guns, your want to get there just outside your convergence range. Let's assume you set your guns for 350, you want to get to firing position at about 600, start firing, adjust your aim, and then when you have them nailed, fire until you pass or they are dead.

I hope this helps!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
You have a PM meddog.

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
Wonderful.  USmeddog beats me like a drum.  Now he wants to get better.

I'd switch to gv's, but he'll be there, too.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19