Author Topic: Excelent ACM training vids  (Read 856 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:55:39 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
Re: Excelent ACM training vids
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
Very usefull, thanks for posting!  :aok

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »
Thanks Furry Beast.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:00:50 AM »
Nice vids but that's BFM not ACM. The terms are often confused. Although I don't think a snap roll is a Basic Fighter Maneuver, it's more of a trick. I doubt it was practiced in WW1 on purpose.  :old: 

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 10:26:53 AM »
Nice vids but that's BFM not ACM. The terms are often confused. Although I don't think a snap roll is a Basic Fighter Maneuver, it's more of a trick. I doubt it was practiced in WW1 on purpose.  :old: 

Same for WWII. Didn't watch a lot of them but I didn't see any old gun-cam footage of pilots while being shot at or pursued performing snap roll manoeuvres to save their lives (except when they get one of their wings shot off). Although its a thin line between choosing whether you want you head splattered on the cockpit from G forces or from a 20mm bullet, you can't really tell until you have tried it in real life yourself.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »
if youve been flyng for years this is all probably second nature but if your newer this is invaluable <S>

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
My favorite moves

Use this one when your near deck and enemy is following 2.0 to 1.5 out. Climb out a little (you'll lose energy but keep to a minimum) roll over doing kind of a split S and nose back dn to deck which will recover speed, then head back toward him preparing for the next move

As you pass him, pull this maneuver trying to position yourself on his six within the next move or two. REMEMBER to always keep in mind that you are trying to achieve LAG Pursuit (putting yourself in a position to match any move he makes while closing the gap for the kill.

He will probably try to do an immelman and so should you, it will make him lose even more energy. You were able to store more E in your first two maneuvers so you'll have more speed than him. Use it to bleed even more of his energy off by pulling him up in a double type immelman which will force him to change his own immelman direction and follow you up. You will be low on energy at this point but lag pursuit should be had.

Anyway, here are the links to where I found these 3D maneuvers and a link to brevity...or how to talk the talk.

http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/aerobatics/maneuvers/index.htm

http://tailslide.firelightsoftware.com/glossary.htm

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »
Subject: Three of the most helpful Maneuver VS. Maneuver films   Wed 22 Apr - 2:28

Each film is short and to the point. They will help you more than you might think. They were made by two of the best sim pilots in the game. These films will help you find the best merge allowing you to set up for lag pursuit.

When I'm fighting I'm thinking of three things.

How many maneuvers are left before I can get on this guys six

Who in my immediate area is looking to kill me before I can get on this guys six and

Do I have enough time

Things I'm thinking about when flying with others near a furball.

Who needs my help or who can I use as bait

Who's the most dangerous at my currant alt (choosing the right plane to go after is very important)

Which way should I extend if things go wrong and how will I re-enter

Anyway, watch the films, they will help you out greatly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lk5cmonjtzz

Hope these old links still work for you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:14:41 PM by A8TOOL »