Author Topic: Nazi  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
Re: Nazi
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »
Just because others can't get punished, doesn't mean that you shouldn't prosecute the ones that you can.
they could have gotten punished and they didnt thoguh, that is all I was trying to say, not sticking up for anyone, just stating my oppinion
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
they could have gotten punished and they didnt thoguh, that is all I was trying to say, not sticking up for anyone, just stating my oppinion
You can't punish the winners, it doesn't work that way... Could you imagine the outrage that would happen in the US if WWII veterans were brought on trial for war crimes and looting?
It would never happen.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 06:52:55 PM »
There is no statute of limitations on warcrimes. Following orders is not a defense.
 He better hope my cousins in Israel don't grab him because he will get whats coming to him. wow. :mad:
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »
There is no statute of limitations on warcrimes. Following orders is not a defense.
 He better hope my cousins in Israel don't grab him because he will get whats coming to him. wow. :mad:

Ack? Jherne? Sim? Murdr? Wide?

I don't trust net searches on subjects this deep and the bookstores are closed.  I could use some education because I am ignorant. 

No sarcasm intended Tomcat I just trust their sources and their posts on subjects as in depth as these. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
none taken. I see Nazi and I get annoyed.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 07:50:42 PM by TOMCAT21 »
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »
Besides Russia, were there no other allied countrys the commited war crimes too? what this man did may not be some different then what american or brittish soliders did, all sides commited war crimes in ww2, you just hear more about the germans because they lost

Last time I checked none of the Allies rounded up civilians as "hostages" and shoot them in retaliation.  I am also unaware of any Allied country rounding up million of civilians, placing them in camps and systematically executing them.  I am also unaware of any Allied country, again taking million of civilians and using them as forced slave labor.  Please tell me which Allied countries did the above.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »

That's not true, many US servicemen were found guilty and either served long prison sentences or executed for committing crimes against civilians during WW2. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »
Last time I checked none of the Allies rounded up civilians as "hostages" and shoot them in retaliation.  I am also unaware of any Allied country rounding up million of civilians, placing them in camps and systematically executing them.  I am also unaware of any Allied country, again taking million of civilians and using them as forced slave labor.  Please tell me which Allied countries did the above.

ack-ack

Didn't Russia do all those things Ack? (Serious)
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 08:26:02 PM »
Hell, look at the trouble Patton got in for a slapping a soldier. Let see there was the Malmedy Massacre during the Battle of the Bulge, something like 89 US soldiers were shot in cold blood by SS. These people committed crimes against military and civilian alike. The US has always prosecuted its own for warcrimes (see Abu Gharib), (see mei lei massacre).

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 08:28:37 PM »
Stalin  and Mao tse tung both murdered millions but not in the inhumane manner that the Nazi's did. I don't think they performed experiments on their victims either.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »
none taken. I see Nazi and I get annoyed.

As do I but I'm hesitant to paint with a broad brush until I have hard factual evidence.  The gentlemen I requested input from are invaluable sources of good information in my opinion. If nothing else they can point me towards the info so I can read it and formulate my own opinions.

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 08:43:21 PM »
I applaud you for that  :salute. My dad served in Europe during WWII and he was involved in liberation of some of the camps and having attended lectures given by survivors and that is basis of what I go on.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
Stalin  and Mao tse tung both murdered millions but not in the inhumane manner that the Nazi's did. I don't think they performed experiments on their victims either.
The Soviet Union was responsible for crimes against humanity at very least equal to that of Nazi Germany, in savageness alone, to say nothing of the numbers.
Unfortunately, since they were the 'good guys' at the time...

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »
Its more than a bit of a stretch to compare the overall actions of the western allied soldiers to those of the Nazi's, and the Japs.

Australian beaufighters were notorious for machine gunning jap sailors in the water, and in many many actions Australian soldiers did not give quarter on the battlefield - but its not even worth arguing the conduct of these men (or any western allied soldier) off the battlefields to prisoners and civilians compared to the Axis, especially to scum like the Einsatzgruppen or Jap construction battalions.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 01:00:50 AM »
Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany are both the same in that respect. But would you rather the Nazi's or the Russians?

Personally, any Nazi, or anyone who idolizes Adolf Hitler, deserves nothing less than a wall at dawn, or a short drop and a sudden stop. We fried their sorry rears from land sea and air for a reason. And I will be damned to see even one of them alive.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"