Author Topic: playing music ..little help please  (Read 297 times)

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
playing music ..little help please
« on: November 25, 2010, 01:36:24 PM »
i like to run listen to music sometimes while flying.......how do i get the slider in the advance  game sounds to work the volume for my music?
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: playing music ..little help please
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »
As far as I know, it's for a future feature.  In other words, it doesn't do anything for anyone.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »
Best thing you can do (currently) is buy a stereo/radio and set it up next to your PC
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:59:55 PM »
Sonic Firefly 302 Plus. Using the Firefly is one way to avoid the dual sound card crash that Windows suffers from (still might but I havent had it happen ever). This way the game uses your primary sound card for game sounds and the music can play over the Firefly. For a few bucks more (like $50 US) you can hook up a condenser mic with +48V phantom power. Crystal clear sound both ways but it isnt a gaming sound card nor is it really great for music so if your an audiophile you might not think its that hot but it sounds great to me. It will work for games too but there is no 3D position handling. None. Dont expect to play AH and find tanks with it. Works with XP Vista Windows 7 and Mac and you can usually find them in music shops. Requires an IEEE 1394 port. Primary benefit is ZERO lag.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
i dont have a problem running a internet radio station and the game at the same time ...i was just hoping i could use the in game slider some how to adjust volume as needed. Ty all for your imput....<S>
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 10:31:07 PM »
Windows Media Player will play music in the background while playing.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 10:34:02 PM »
Yes you can do that. It takes two devices otherwise the same slider will control the game sounds. Using two sound cards tends to cause stability issues with Windows. Absolutely you want to start with a stable Windows environment so if you are overclocking make sure you get everything nailed down first. Then you can add a second sound device like the Phonic Firefly. I have used two audio cards also but if you do that and you see the "Aceshigh.exe has stopped working" message you cant exactly tell Skuzzy that you know its not the audio cards.

What you do is select one device for speakers (say your sound blaster) and for headphones you can select a second device (say the Firefly). Then the sliders act independently but you also have a volume knob on the headphone jack of the Firefly so ... six of one half a dozen of another...
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.