Author Topic: question to the AVA players  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Re: question to the AVA players
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »
lol please stop I am having flashbacks from the Air Warrior Days of when I had to baby sit all the arenas and play Chat Police. Granted they usually got the hint after a 48 hr ban they were usually pretty good after that but then again ya never know.

AWARMols at your service lol
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2010, 10:57:36 AM »
i say we turn off killshooter in there.....  :devil :devil :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
i say we turn off killshooter in there.....  :devil :devil :bolt:

lol nawww just turn off rank and score, problem solved
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »
They are not doing it for score, they are doing just to be richards.  Score is just one path they use to get to people.  Removing it will not get rid of them or alter how they fly/fight.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
Lessee if I can get this all straight.

There's been a lot of trash talk on Channel 1 (All Channel)  It gets rather ugly and hostile and is a turnoff to many but they can't detune it.

Policing it is full of pitfalls, What should be allowed or not is subjective. If you ping one guy "He can say why me? so and so started it." etc

It's difficult to always tell who is the instigator and since a mute goes across the board rather than just the channel in question, an admin is using a broadsword rather than a scalpel.

Some players do enjoy the friendly interaction and then there are others that enjoy the trash-talk as well and consider it part of the game.

If channel 1 is disabled, it will all move to channel 200. Anyone who wishes to be free of the trash talk or those that want maximum immersion can detune it, but then others who want friendly cross country comms W/O reading a bunch of trash talk will still want some moderation of 200 and we are right back to the difficulty of policing the channel.

Jeez, my friggin head is about to explode!

Ok, lets disable channel 1, moderate channel 200 and try to keep it a safe friendly place and then designate channel 205 as an unmoderated "wild west channel."

Now there's a place for friendly communicators and one for smack talkers and whoever wants to can detune one or the other or both.

I's the perfect solution! at least until I read the next post in this thread.

Maybe I should just go have a drink. :lol

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »

Now you're talking!
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »
Jimson  the( All ) Channel can be detuned in the radio channel select drop down, for those who wish not to see it just change it to country
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2010, 03:44:40 PM »
Jimson  the( All ) Channel can be detuned in the radio channel select drop down, for those who wish not to see it just change it to country

No it can't.  If you "de-tune it" you can't transmit on it, but you will see all that is transmitted on it by others.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
Lessee if I can get this all straight.

There's been a lot of trash talk on Channel 1 (All Channel)  It gets rather ugly and hostile and is a turnoff to many but they can't detune it.

Policing it is full of pitfalls, What should be allowed or not is subjective. If you ping one guy "He can say why me? so and so started it." etc

It's difficult to always tell who is the instigator and since a mute goes across the board rather than just the channel in question, an admin is using a broadsword rather than a scalpel.

Some players do enjoy the friendly interaction and then there are others that enjoy the trash-talk as well and consider it part of the game.

If channel 1 is disabled, it will all move to channel 200. Anyone who wishes to be free of the trash talk or those that want maximum immersion can detune it, but then others who want friendly cross country comms W/O reading a bunch of trash talk will still want some moderation of 200 and we are right back to the difficulty of policing the channel.

Jeez, my friggin head is about to explode!

Ok, lets disable channel 1, moderate channel 200 and try to keep it a safe friendly place and then designate channel 205 as an unmoderated "wild west channel."

Now there's a place for friendly communicators and one for smack talkers and whoever wants to can detune one or the other or both.

the wheels on the bus go round and round....round and round, round and rounddddd........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEtuXrV_KnM

:devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »

I like this one :)............especially the drinking part.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »

I'm buying..

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
If I wasn't busy in the TA most of the time I wouldn't mind monitoring channel 1.  Same rules for TA chat can be transferred to the AvA, you just have to draw a line and stick to your guns.  A warning is good for almost all I have to deal with in there, they don't get a second one normally.  We shouldn't have to adjust to those that are the causing the problem.  Those causing the problems should be doing the adjusting.  On the same note reacting in the same manner to such bad behavior should get the same punishment.  Equal action recieves equal reaction. In my oppinion a couple of weeks of text banning and or ejecting, for bad behavior will do wonders.  Everyone will either have to behave and act like adults or possibly watch TV for a while :lol

Just my thoughts
 :salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline AAIbyteu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »
Just one thought:  it's kinda like work...you send an e-mail to two people. One thinks it is funny and the other takes it as sexual harassment!  I think if the arena is montiored you need to look at the whole thread and make a deternination if it is getting out of hand.  I may be late on saying this, but I was busy beating my wife.

.....at cards!   :x

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »
seems to me, they(the triplets) haven't said too much in 3 days. do we really need to work ourselves into a lather? i think there's more banter and probable bad press continuing this thread then if we just let this go.

the answer is pretty much keep channel 1. ok done, lets just keep an eye on it, keep players informed of negative banter, and continue with our cartoon pilot lives.

id like to thank everyone for your opinions. all are duly noted and now lets move on and play the game. 4 sheep bounty on any triplet you shoot down! just film it for proof! all sheep will be delivered within 3 weeks of confirmation from the confirmation committee. sheep winner also responsible for buying everyone a beer, or if they dont drink, a lime rickey!

that is all, carry on!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2010, 09:35:50 PM »
If I wasn't busy in the TA most of the time I wouldn't mind monitoring channel 1.  Same rules for TA chat can be transferred to the AvA, you just have to draw a line and stick to your guns.  A warning is good for almost all I have to deal with in there, they don't get a second one normally.  We shouldn't have to adjust to those that are the causing the problem.  Those causing the problems should be doing the adjusting.  On the same note reacting in the same manner to such bad behavior should get the same punishment.  Equal action recieves equal reaction. In my oppinion a couple of weeks of text banning and or ejecting, for bad behavior will do wonders.  Everyone will either have to behave and act like adults or possibly watch TV for a while :lol

Just my thoughts
 :salute
BigRat

Best post right here. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus