Author Topic: Cats outa the bag eh?  (Read 6833 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cats outa the bag eh?
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
Neither, I don't buy the 262 is an easy mode aircraft at all.

Well of course it isn't EASY, even though it is BORING.  

The softball trajectory of the 30mms, combined with the speed of the plane, makes aiming a real challenge.  Reminds me of Peter Ustinov's line from "Spartacus":  "Brilliant dagger thrust...at a difficult angle."

Plus it can be depressing when everyone flying real planes gets irritated that your 262 is circling around picking them while they're having real fights.  Going through a whole evening when everyone hates you is never easy in my book.

- oldman

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2010, 09:03:19 AM »
ahh just wait till I come screaming in.. I have a profound weakness for trying to turn any plane like a zeke  :devil

LMAO  I thought i was the only one with that sickness.......   Its what gets me in trouble every time   lol

CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
watch me. if i can find someone that's willing to turn one, i'll be down on the deck, turnfighting in one.

rather than trim the trees, i'll just burn em down.  :devil

Lets do it!     :devil

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »
it's fun for me and provides a target for the other guys I figure its a 'win / win' .  I've only truly 'extended' (ran away screaming like a 12 year old girls being chased by Pennywise) once that I can remember.  THAT set of a blistering tirade in the buffer :D.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:04 AM »
Well of course it isn't EASY, even though it is BORING.  

The softball trajectory of the 30mms, combined with the speed of the plane, makes aiming a real challenge.  Reminds me of Peter Ustinov's line from "Spartacus":  "Brilliant dagger thrust...at a difficult angle."

Plus it can be depressing when everyone flying real planes gets irritated that your 262 is circling around picking them while they're having real fights.  Going through a whole evening when everyone hates you is never easy in my book.

- oldman

Maybe we should ask the triplets how they cope with it......    :x  :rofl

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2010, 02:56:46 AM »
  Am I late?!  Have Storch, Larry, N7 & VWE really decided to stop using their sad lil' shade accounts they created to cause trouble and are actually going to grow a pair, come out of the shade(s) and into the light, and play the game like grown men?!  Sweet!  

Whoa there Nelly! In my almost ten years of playing aces high I have never once used a shade. Iv changed my name a few times but have always been open to telling people if I did. The last time I played aces high was about six weeks ago when I opened a two week trial to see if there was anything new that would get me interested in starting playing again. Sadly there wasn't and I let my two week trial expire without subscribing. My name during those two weeks was 'Larry' just like it has been for the past few years.

It's really boring. 

Worth trying once or twice, hey, you might not agree with me.

- oldman

Not when you start turn fighting them on the deck like I used to do against you.  :aok
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:09:11 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2010, 08:04:48 AM »
Not when you start turn fighting them on the deck like I used to do against you. 

True.  You are the one exception to the rule.

And hey, get back to your books!

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2010, 08:10:49 AM »

Whoa there Nelly! In my almost ten years of playing aces high I have never once used a shade. Iv changed my name a few times but have always been open to telling people if I did. The last time I played aces high was about six weeks ago when I opened a two week trial to see if there was anything new that would get me interested in starting playing again. Sadly there wasn't and I let my two week trial expire without subscribing. My name during those two weeks was 'Larry' just like it has been for the past few years.

Not when you start turn fighting them on the deck like I used to do against you.  :aok

sooooo....we couldn't lure ya back to come fight in the ava?

could i trouble ya for some tips on turnfighting in the 262? i'm a sucker for turnfighting, if you haven't gathered.....and that is how i'll be flying this bird too......at least till i see the hi alt pickers coming,....then i'll do what is more fun, and pick the pickers.  :devil

but seriously....i just flew the 262 for the first time offline, and i noticed you need some lead time when you throttle back up.....but what else should i look for?

thanks dood
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
landing speed--below 200, lots of flaps, keep nose up
turning fight--use flaps
BNZ--be careful of compression

this jet burns E quickly in a turn fight but takes awhile to get it back, bare that in mind. if you get too slow, you'll take awhile to recover your E. the good thing is the other guy will have the same problem. Camoflage on these jets are very good. you'll have a tough time spotting them.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2010, 10:00:44 AM »
landing speed--below 200, lots of flaps, keep nose up
turning fight--use flaps
BNZ--be careful of compression

this jet burns E quickly in a turn fight but takes awhile to get it back, bare that in mind. if you get too slow, you'll take awhile to recover your E. the good thing is the other guy will have the same problem. Camoflage on these jets are very good. you'll have a tough time spotting them.

so it's kinda like a fast jet powered pee38?

believe it or not, i did land it ok.........in the offline mode
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »
True.  You are the one exception to the rule.

And hey, get back to your books!

- oldman

Naw Im done with books and school. If everything goes my way Ill be one of those jarhead people soon.  :aok

sooooo....we couldn't lure ya back to come fight in the ava?

Naw I went into the AvA the first night back and pretty much got my bellybutton handed to me. It was kinda hard to keep track of planes w/o the little red thing on top of them.

As for the 262 turn fighting its not really a good idea in the MAs, but since they were always free in the AvA I just started stall fighting OM in it. IIRC he killed me or I flew into the ground every time.

In the MA you dont really have to B&Z. I like to keep about 5k above the deck just in case someone dives on me and can nose down and pull away from them. You want to stay fast but not to fast. The thing likes to compress like 109s if you dont watch your speed.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »
As for the 262 turn fighting its not really a good idea in the MAs, but since they were always free in the AvA I just started stall fighting OM in it. IIRC he killed me or I flew into the ground every time.

You don't RC.  I only remember the first fight, but you surprised the daylights out of me with the turning thing and evaporated my aircraft with your 30mms.  Fun times.  Never seen the feat duplicated.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
you'll witness me using a very very special method of evaporating your 262.

what i do, is letcha get in good and close...to the point where you're fixated on your target.......low, slow.....pretty soon i'll auger......as will you.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »
Naw Im done with books and school. If everything goes my way Ill be one of those jarhead people soon.  :aok

Naw I went into the AvA the first night back and pretty much got my bellybutton handed to me. It was kinda hard to keep track of planes w/o the little red thing on top of them.

In the MA you dont really have to B&Z. I like to keep about 5k above the deck just in case someone dives on me and can nose down and pull away from them. You want to stay fast but not to fast. The thing likes to compress like 109s if you dont watch your speed.

first off.....congrats sir.

secondly....it only takes a few hours to get somewhat accustomed to the lack of icons.

i don't go to the main arenas anymore. when i go there, i almost inevitably get one of the following:
1) guy makes a single pass, and runs like hell.....usually to about 5 or more of his friends
2)guy bnz's me to death. if i manage to dodge them all, and equalize e states, see #1
3)guy sees me co-alt.....see #1
4)i get ganged by 5 or more. this is fun once in awhile, but not every single time.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2010, 08:17:36 AM »
If I went into the MA now I think I'd be distracted by all the 'killboards' above the planes  :devil  And, as you know, I'm easily 'shiny thinged'

Disclaimer: This post made in jest and is not meant to offend anybody who regularly plays in the MA

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute