Author Topic: New Definitions?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: New Definitions?
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »
No furball, the Rookies were pretty much keeping close to their base and really didn't venture too far away from their base or CV that was a few kilometers offshore.  

ack-ack
My dear boy, we were attacking each other and furballing long before you logged on inbetween those bases, you fail to mention that the knights had their own CV run into the middle of that furball to get puffy ack kills. I know because i got puffy ack all over my C-pit, and it made a terrible mess.

JUGgler is a good fight and seems to be a good guy as well.  One of the few who actually fights in that Jug down low.  The film doesn't show a HO shot.  

What would have been nice to see was that you asked the Brew before you jumped in.  I try and ask anytime I come across a 1 v 1 cause often times the guy on my side has the situation well in hand, and it's not fair to both guys fighting.  There are a few die hards who still believe this is common courtesy in the game.   I had a guy ask me tonight when I was in a 1 v 1 and he stayed out when I asked him too.  I asked a couple of times if guys needed help.  Both times they said no and I stayed out.  These were all 1 v 1s away from the pack.

There is also a contingent who believes strongly in anything goes.  neither is the wrong way to play, but you might get some grief as you did, from the die hards who like to finish what was started in a 1 v 1.

That didn't appear to be a furball, where anything does go.  There does seem to be more visible frustration lately from guys like JUGgler and Agent among others that do look for those fights away from the pack when some one runs in on the fight when they don't need to and takes away the fun for the two guys in the 1 v 1.

And no, they shouldn't have to always go to the DA for that 1 v 1.  It does occur in the MA and is something that can be, for lack of a better word, 'respected' when it happens.

We all know that unwritten rules are not leagally binding, and a 2 vs 1 is just another target to deal with. I was of to the side of a bases trying to get 1 vs 1 fights going, usually after 2 kill I suddenly had 5 or 7 guys on me, at one point I lost count of how many were back there in a 'Benny Hill' music enducing attempt to run away ( :salute SwampDragons for that, I had much fun).
I enjoy the number of targets I get to shoot at, but not the HO's that the outnumbered pilot has to endure. But you can't stop people HOing and in the same you can't get people to 1 vs 1 outside of the dueling arena.
 Alls fair in the main arena war.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »
Dolby, I was not refering to the killshot as a HO. You say you have 21/2 hours of film there and you choose to show that. You came in sooner than that if the film was backed up say 45 seconds to a minute it may show something different. The irony is I had just downed warhed in a questionable shot! you can see him waiting for the brew to kill me before he towers. Warhed said I had HOd him, was clean on my end but very close,we both were in stall and the brew was close. I took the shot cause the brew looked like he was in. I believe you 1st came in blazing away from my 12 as I was PWNing the brew If I remember correctly you gave me a pw on 1st pass. The film you show is started well past this point  ;)
 Anyway it isn't i big enough deal to post here, in fact it is quite "badform" Could be lag but I don't don't have that issue very often.

As a side note just for your info, The JUGgler will never jump a plane that is fighting a better quality plane in a turn fight.  Sometimes I get caught up in the furball as others do but I always try to collect myself and NOT pile on anyone! This was not a furball and I was turn fighting a brewster with a JUG ;) <-- that should have been enough!!

Back the film up 1 minute, if there is nothing I will retract!

My offer still stands to give you some tips on the JUG!!  It will help you I promise  <S>

To the rest of you-->  :salute <  I look forward to JUGgling you all  ;)
Army of Muppets

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:57 PM »
As i told you on 200 last night;
There... is... no... head... on...

But seeing as you HO'd to down someone and then complain, unfoundedly so; "Pot this is Kettle colour check send"...  :devil

Edit; Also i am not interested an Egg sucking exercise.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:42:18 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
As i told you on 200 last night;
There... is... no... head... on...

But seeing as you HO'd to down someone and then complain, unfoundedly so; "Pot this is Kettle colour check send"...  :devil

Edit; Also i am not interested an Egg sucking exercise.

As I said  was close and the diff was I was 1v2 you wer 2v1  ;)             back the film up!  ;)
I dare you  ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:55:24 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
Still amazes me that people can get worked up enough about an in game contest to generate 6 pages of posts.

Question to ask ones self -
If what a stranger in an online game thinks/says about me is upsetting for more than 90 seconds, then something is not going well in my head.

(of course, I'm speaking from experience....  :cheers:)
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »
Still amazes me that people can get worked up enough about an in game contest to generate 6 pages of posts.

Question to ask ones self -
If what a stranger in an online game thinks/says about me is upsetting for more than 90 seconds, then something is not going well in my head.

(of course, I'm speaking from experience....  :cheers:)

haha  Well said  <S>  I'm out  sad indeed that my 1st 2 posts are replying to him! as if it matters!! :huh  It does not   :salute
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:30:01 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets