Author Topic: If you could perform a genocide of one airplane  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: If you could perform a genocide of one airplane
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »
In the absence of any proof you may have of the Brews ability to NOT compress noticeably in reality, not in online gameworld, I would say that this topic is a statemate to be decided later...no proof is no proof either way.

I actually have plenty of proof of the fact that Brewster could be taken to relatively high mach numbers and of the fact that the controls remained light through out the plane's speed range. But I really don't feel the need to post any until you do some ingame testing and research for real world data to which you can compare your ingame findings.

Hint: NACA did high speed dive research using F2A-3, you might want to start there. B239 and F2A-3 share their geometry very closely and both planes use the same airfoils.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:05:56 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2010, 08:02:33 PM »
I actually have plenty of proof of the fact that Brewster could be taken to relatively high mach numbers and of the fact that the controls remained light through out the plane's speed range. But I really don't feel the need to post any until you do some ingame testing and research for real world data to which you can compare your ingame findings.

Hint: NACA did high speed dive research using F2A-3, you might want to start there. B239 and F2A-3 share their geometry very closely and both planes use the same airfoils.

Why doesn't that surprise me either...you have proof but you don't want to post it......you want me to do the work for you.  I'm not interested in addressing your control issues.  Let me be more clear....the game flight models are designed around how a/c performed in use.  If you have it, post it....if not, my opinion stands as there is no proof.  I found a site today that is Finn based and has what looks like is a good amount of historical and fact based data.  When our Finnish VP of Operations is in town for his quarterly review, I will ask him to translate it for me.

Both planes don't share the same weight or engines and according to my research, don't share the same engine cowling either.  But I will post that when you do some in game research.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2010, 08:46:53 PM »
B-29s & P-51s.  I would like to smash them together over & over into lil' bitty pieces!!

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2010, 09:00:06 PM »
Why doesn't that surprise me either...you have proof but you don't want to post it......

I believe Wmaker has already posted this information and far more, just search the forums for it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »
its gotta be the 190 for me. If aint hoin me its runnin from me. The spits i know i have an advantage over the brews i rarely see those lol. 109s are like spits to me

RedTail

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2010, 10:04:24 PM »
its gotta be the 190 for me. If aint hoin me its runnin from me. The spits i know i have an advantage over the brews i rarely see those lol. 109s are like spits to me

That's there first defensive tactic for most (not all), run90's and runstangs
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
I believe Wmaker has already posted this information and far more, just search the forums for it.

He has.  Changeup, this has been a much-discussed issue.  Check the threads from about a year ago.

- oldman

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2010, 10:19:09 PM »
That's there first defensive tactic for most (not all), run90's and runstangs
by runstang you mean anyone who cant fly it right? :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2010, 11:41:17 PM »
id get rid of those d3a's and those unstoppable b5n's!
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2010, 02:43:14 AM »
Why doesn't that surprise me either...you have proof but you don't want to post it......you want me to do the work for you.  I'm not interested in addressing your control issues.  Let me be more clear....the game flight models are designed around how a/c performed in use.  If you have it, post it....if not, my opinion stands as there is no proof.  I found a site today that is Finn based and has what looks like is a good amount of historical and fact based data.  When our Finnish VP of Operations is in town for his quarterly review, I will ask him to translate it for me.

Both planes don't share the same weight or engines and according to my research, don't share the same engine cowling either.  But I will post that when you do some in game research.

:huh

It is you who is shouting in caps that the plane is overmodelled. With that kind of attitude you better have some proof to back up this claim of yours. It is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. I already have all the stuff I mentioned, HTC has it too.

You are just totally unable to grasp the basic concept here. There's plenty of proof, it's just that you haven't seen it. Of course I could post data here but part of it is something I'm not going to post to public for several reasons. Part of it I could post but your attitude is such that I don't really feel like it. HTC has the data and that is basically all that matters.

Remember, I'm not making any claims here so it is not me who has to prove something. It is you who was screaming "O V E R M O D E L L E D". At that point it is your job to prove that it is so.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2010, 09:12:31 AM »
He has.  Changeup, this has been a much-discussed issue.  Check the threads from about a year ago.

- oldman

Will do...thanks

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »
I would get rid of the JUG, it's just way too fat and is a drain on the medical system   :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets