Author Topic: Kill shooter-friendly fire question???  (Read 760 times)

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
Kill shooter-friendly fire question???
« on: January 01, 2011, 08:02:37 AM »
Am not sure about this, maybe someone knows............

One of our bases was under GV attack.   Our CV group was just offshore and within firing range of our own base, I jumped in the 8" and started to target the enemy spawn.  After a few minutes of hitting the spawn, I heard on range vox that an enemy wirb' had made it to our town.  I swung the 8" round to hit the centre of town and stopped....?   What would my shells do to our town?  I wasn't sure if I would be helping the enemy by destroying our own town from our own 8".

I jumped out of the 8" and into an F6F and bombed the offending wirb'.  Then another question......could my bomb from the F6F damage our town?

Also do our own shells pass through friendly AC and GV'S and what happens if shells land and explode near or on a  friendly.   I have never been kill-shootered out of a ships gun but was just wondering.......

Thanks

Klam 
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Kill shooter-friendly fire question???
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »
to prevent idiots from messing about your friendly rounds won't do any damage to your own base or friendlies.

If you fire at a friendly in a plane or gv you will take damage.

The only friendly fire incidents I have ever been killed by are friendly ack firing at an enemy.   Plenty of times from my own CV's and once or twice by auto ack rolling down the runway firing at something else.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:17:38 AM »
Thanks Bruv....was just curios.
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »
to add to what bruv said:

if you're in a field or ship gun, you cannot hurt friendlies or friendly objects, period. if you hit them, it does nothing to you or them.  If someone complains that youre shooting at a friendly base or shooting at friendlies, tell them to get bent.

friendly AUTO ack CAN hit you if its shooting at a bad guy and you get in the way..

if you're in a plane or a vehicle, and you hit a friendly, you will take damage.. if you hit friendly objects, it does nothing.

so, your idea of using the 8" to harass the wirble in town was actually quite sound :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »
Rare that a relatively new person decides to ask the question rather than taking the chance of screwing something up or acting/reacting out of blind ignroance.  I find that attitude refreshing.   :aok

One more quick note about killshooter . . . whether or not you actually could damage the friendly, you will still damage yourself.  For example, I found out that if you up a Tiger, and while goofing around fire your pintle MG at another Tiger -- even though you couldn't possibly damage him, you will still eventually blow up.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 04:29:45 PM »
Where the hell is this friendly ack killing going on bruv? :rofl  Sometimes I'd pay double perks just to turn killshooter off. ;)

If Shawk only knew he's in my pipper. <UFC announcer> " And it's all over!" ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 04:41:07 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
"If someone complains that youre shooting at a friendly base or shooting at friendlies, tell them to get bent." unless you"re shooting at a base we just took, then your wasting your time and making folks think we're being shelled again.  :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
"If someone complains that youre shooting at a friendly base or shooting at friendlies, tell them to get bent." unless you"re shooting at a base we just took, then your wasting your time and making folks think we're being shelled again.  :salute

ahh.. its that persons own time, and if one cannot see where the shells are coming from, they are blind.. let them go search for the source, and try to sink the friendly cruiser! 

I still stick with the advice to tell em to get bent :)
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.