Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12852 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »
LOL I thought you were an 'anything goes' type of guy Grizz?  "Wouldn't it provide more of a challenge for your 262 o doom?

Still waiting on your ideas btw.  Clearly you do believe there needs to be some limits then on "anything goes"?

It's just a dreadful idea.  Elaborating anymore would just be an incredible waste of time.

I am going to post my ideas/game improvements soon, expect them in two-three weeks.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »
Guppy......how about instead of unperking everything, everythng gets a perk.....every plane......every GV everything.               open one late war arena with a simular setup as we have now just no caps,get rid of ''rank'' not scores, have a dot radar to the deck, 3 uncapturable bases center map, every map, 1 each country, open a second arena that has 200'' dar, no uncaptuable bases, this arena you have to choose what you want to Rank as ie..fighter....bomber..ect, and for that tour you can only score-rank in what you chose, this arena could be more along the lines of qued mission's here is where you always earn perks earn them for joining missions earn more of a % if you complete your mission, but even if you die you recieve some perks, you would still recieve perks and keep track of every thing but only ''Rank'' in one catorgory......this would apease both ''furballers'' and ''warballers'' (haha)    been thinking about this idea for awhile now.   of course it may be dumb to all but me.....lol

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 12:03:01 AM »
What would it hurt to try?  Seriously.  Do it with two Late wars then.  One the way it is, and one anything goes. I'd really love to see how the numbers would go.   Un cap them both.  See what happens.  You aren't taking away anything from anyone then
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 12:04:37 AM »
What would it hurt to try?  Seriously.  Do it with two Late wars then.  One the way it is, and one anything goes. I'd really love to see how the numbers would go.   Un cap them both.  See what happens.  You aren't taking away anything from anyone then

Dreadful.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
Guppy......how about instead of unperking everything, everythng gets a perk.....every plane......every GV everything.               open one late war arena with a simular setup as we have now just no caps,get rid of ''rank'' not scores, have a dot radar to the deck, 3 uncapturable bases center map, every map, 1 each country, open a second arena that has 200'' dar, no uncaptuable bases, this arena you have to choose what you want to Rank as ie..fighter....bomber..ect, and for that tour you can only score-rank in what you chose, this arena could be more along the lines of qued mission's here is where you always earn perks earn them for joining missions earn more of a % if you complete your mission, but even if you die you recieve some perks, you would still recieve perks and keep track of every thing but only ''Rank'' in one catorgory......this would apease both ''furballers'' and ''warballers'' (haha)    been thinking about this idea for awhile now.   of course it may be dumb to all but me.....lol

Sure.  Works for me.  I really want to see how the numbers would go.  I'm so tired of hearing that the game is the problem.  Your idea works too.  Put up or shut up time.  Do it for a month.  Find out how many folks would go where.  I just want the win the war folks to have it the way they want it.  if that's where the money is, and the numbers then we'd better feed them.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 12:10:45 AM »
Dreadful.

Why Grizz?  I want the win the war folks to have their fun back.  They are the  future or the present for that matter if all the complaining is to be believed.  Give them what they want and lets see what happens.

Based on the whines, if it changed the money would pour into HTC with new subscribers.  Maybe this allows for faster plane development, terrains, or whatever.  This is about the bottom line in the end.

And I'm dead serious.  Maybe i get my Beaufighter faster then :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 12:34:14 AM »
just was getting some more thoughts uhoh.............two arena's, set up like i was saying.......the mission based arena you can see missions from all sides, basic info like what planes,  what targets, perks earned, enough info to deside what you want to fly, no cross coms.....ya i know some will use ventrillo but that would be considerd cheating, this ''war'' arena, vulching, hourding, NOE would all be common for thats what happens in a war, the other arena would be more around the furballing gving bombing for fun and practice for the ''war'' vulching would be immpossable more ack at field, hording would be immpossable due to zone ENY, at least make those two espects much harder or just plain not worth it, like if you are the only green you get exponentialy more perks, if you are one of the many green you get much less points for a kil,l numbers being equal then points awarded as they are now.   again every plane, gv, bomber,cost perks, in the war arena perks are not involved in what mission you can join.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I still think it's worth a shot.  Part of the argument lately beyond arena limits, is the difficulty for the base takers.  What about the novice fighter pilots?  Maybe it's just too hard to get good at it.  Unperk em and taking a 262 isn't a risk anymore. 

Think about those newbs tooling around in their first couple of weeks in a Spit or a Mustang.  All of a sudden a couple of 262s are in the area flown by skilled vets out whacking baby seals in a cool and efficent manner.  How discouraging is that?  Why would you ever come out of the horde?  you don't have enough perks for a 262 and you have no chance to shoot that guy down.  Why even try and learn?

Not much different an argument then saying the towns don't stay down long enough, or the acks are too tough.

If you too can have a 262 and not worry about breaking it, would it not be more incentive to go up and fight those guys and try and catch up?  There will be enough semi-vets out there in other birds to keep it interesting, but unperking everything gives the new guys a chance to compete right away.

If the goal is to keep people in the game, and draw new folks in, then why not let them at all the toys early on?  Throw in no caps, and reverting to the easier base capture, reset the maps, and again we up the income for HTC, and maybe speed development, new planes and tanks, etc.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »
jets have been free in AvA for a week now and I havnt flown one once.  I know im just 1 out of a lot but i dont think it would be jet dominated as you say......
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 01:17:52 AM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 06:29:20 AM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 06:37:16 AM »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 07:35:30 AM »
Karnak had an interesting comment in another thread in response to my suggestion to unperk all the planes in Latewar.

He suggests that this would send more folks to Midwar, which would not be a bad thing.

I'm of the opinion that this might solve the furballer v war winner struggles too as I would guess that many of the furballers would migrate to midwar for the air combat, while all the jets, Temps etc in latewar might be more helpful to the war winners.

Per usual I could be completely off on this, but it's an interesting thought anyway.

Words can not express how bad this idea is, so I have a GIF.

This was my reaction after reading your post:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:46:54 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »
 :lol 
Lighten up Francis

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 09:09:54 AM »
Karnak had an interesting comment in another thread in response to my suggestion to unperk all the planes in Latewar.

He suggests that this would send more folks to Midwar, which would not be a bad thing.

I'm of the opinion that this might solve the furballer v war winner struggles too as I would guess that many of the furballers would migrate to midwar for the air combat, while all the jets, Temps etc in latewar might be more helpful to the war winners.

Per usual I could be completely off on this, but it's an interesting thought anyway.

Not really.  The main arenas will become the Jet arenas and the midwar is going to become the MA.  You cannot change people by putting them in a different arena.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.