Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12986 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
the Jets in the AVA are unperked this week. try em out!  :D

yes grizz, this is a shameless plug for the AVA!   :neener:

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2010, 09:16:15 AM »
This was always the case.  This is your nouveau style of flying, to do what players were doing back in beta when flying 109s/190s against Spits and other better turning planes?

I was moreso referring to how to fight vet heroes flying turny planes.  I don't really have a particular style, it varies too much based on the particular circumstance.  I certainly would never get sucked into a fight I can't win against a spit5 though.  If you ever come back, I'd enjoy seeing how an aces high god sucks me into such a losing battle, but I'm sure if you do it will be in shades anyways.   :aok

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »
If you ever come back, I'd enjoy seeing how an aces high god sucks me into such a losing battle, but I'm sure if you do it will be in shades anyways.   :aok

"Aces High Gods" would lose that fight just about every time to a semi-competent pilot who has a better plane with more E, or in the very least they would stalemate until the pilot in the lesser plane gets picked, grows bored, or makes a mistake.  Certainly, all things being equal, the guy in the better plane with E should win.

What you're saying is just very basic stuff, though I suspect you're trying to couch it as something new and exciting.  Folks have been doing what you describe since beta and since even before Aces High (there were lots of great E fighters in Air Warrior).

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2010, 09:44:58 AM »
I think I will always remember one fight we had in the ma lev.  I was in an a5 and you were in your spit.  I knew it was you before we engaged so I managedto surprise you off the merge.  We merged cold headon, you went vertical to immelman and so did I. The reason I will always remember it is because I surprised you and I could actually tell...  I had chopped throttle before the merge and I ended up nearly saddled up on you...  then you jerked around into a spiral climb and nailed me after I stalled out.  But for one shining moment I knew I had you lol.  Honest to god I think I'll always remember that... oh and for the record...  Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Hey, Urchin!  We had some great, memorable fights over the years.  Didn't I cut my teeth in the Tempest against you in some 1v1s?  Those fights were extremely helpful for learning its positives and negatives - mostly its negatives that night for me.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2010, 09:50:08 AM »

by the way if i was his attorney Ded you would already have been served with a gag order!!!!  :neener:  :D

Damit, stop typing so match.  My ADD does not allow me to read all this and understand it.  However, I never said attorney.  Someone else did.  I said minister of propaganda  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2010, 09:53:19 AM »
Hah.  I would also put spit9s, p40s, and brewsters into the same category.  It's not really a threat since it a pretty slow and you can just extend away from it when it turns circles around you, but it's not like you are really accomplishing much by outturning late war planes in a plane that should outturn late war planes.

I agree, the real accomplishment would be to out run slow lanes with a late war plane that should out run them  :old:

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2010, 09:53:54 AM »
"Aces High Gods" would lose that fight just about every time to a semi-competent pilot who has a better plane with more E, or in the very least they would stalemate until the pilot in the lesser plane gets picked, grows bored, or makes a mistake.  Certainly, all things being equal, the guy in the better plane with E should win.

What you're saying is just very basic stuff, though I suspect you're trying to couch it as something new and exciting.  Folks have been doing what you describe since beta and since even before Aces High (there were lots of great E fighters in Air Warrior).

Of course it is basic stuff, that's the point, and why you can never be considered a world beater by flying a turny bird in the LW.  You seem to have me sized up quite well, considering you haven't played the game in years.  Hopefully you can return soon and show me the ways of the old guard.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »
So, who missed Skyrock?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2010, 10:00:47 AM »
Of course it is basic stuff, that's the point, and why you can never be considered a world beater by flying a turny bird in the LW.  You seem to have me sized up quite well, considering you haven't played the game in years.  Hopefully you can return soon and show me the ways of the old guard.

Never be considered a "world beater" by whom?  You?  Why would I want to be?  Just fly and have fun and worry less about what others think and more about what you enjoy doing.  It's your money after all.

What's sad is that I'm showing you the way of the "old guard" right now, and it's flying right over your head.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
I could care less.  If I cared what anyone thought, I wouldn't be calling out the gods.

Back to the original point, turny birds are easy mode.

Thank you for the much needed distraction on this dreary friday morning of work though.   :aok

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »
I could care less.  If I cared what anyone thought, I wouldn't be calling out the gods.

Of course you care, that's exactly why you're calling out the "gods."  This entire thread is an exercise in self-inflation because you desperately want others to think you're on par with some of the folks who played the game well 5+ years ago.  You can't even throw out a compliment to someone without a caveat.  Is your ego that fragile?

Back to the original point, turny birds are easy mode.

Is this the new part?  I remember folks whining about that back in Air Warrior.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:15:30 AM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16:47 AM »
Of course you care, that's exactly why you're calling out the "gods."  This entire thread is an exercise in self-inflation because you desperately want others to think you're on par with some of the more folks who played the game well 5+ years ago.  You can't even throw out a compliment to someone without a caveat.  Is your ego that fragile?

Is this the new part?  I remember folks whining about that back in Air Warrior.

Lol, could care less, I'm just trolling you.  If you want to sign up for an account and get your butt whipped in your own plane though, feel free anytime.  :aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »

:lol yeah, but from a safe distance ehh?  You are calling some one out after a 4 year break?  That is awesome  :aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2010, 10:18:34 AM »
Lol, could care less, I'm just trolling you.  If you want to sign up for an account and get your butt whipped in your own plane though, feel free anytime.  :aok

And so GrizzRock was born  :neener:

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2010, 10:21:11 AM »
Grizz, you're doing it wrong FFS. Trolls don't admit to being trolls.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."