Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 13001 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
You ever consider we are useing the wrong games for our compairitive analogies to the MA environment? We are a tad bit more like Rugby or Aussi Football in how the MA flows. FSO is more like the NFL because everyone is playing from a predetermined game plan with objectives and agreed upon assignments.

The MA is alot more like a pickup game of Rugby and we drink our pints while we play.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2010, 07:36:10 PM »
You ever consider we are useing the wrong games for our compairitive analogies to the MA environment? We are a tad bit more like Rugby or Aussi Football in how the MA flows. FSO is more like the NFL because everyone is playing from a predetermined game plan with objectives and agreed upon assignments.

The MA is alot more like a pickup game of Rugby and we drink our pints while we play.

Naw...the MA is like a lady's beauty parlor, full of women crying how hard the game now is.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
 :rofl :lol :rofl

Naw...the MA is like a lady's beauty parlor, full of women crying how hard the game now is.

ack-ack

:cheers:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »

ack-ack
they would be crying just as hard on the Aussie Rules field too.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
You ever consider we are useing the wrong games for our compairitive analogies to the MA environment? We are a tad bit more like Rugby or Aussi Football in how the MA flows.

In some ways, yes, but the similarity with American football is that you have discrete incremental steps along the way - first downs in football, base captures in AH.

In any event, the concept of balance is present in every game. Basketball would be boring as hell if the basket was 30 feet off the ground. Baseball would suck if there were 15 fielders instead of 9. It would also suck if there were 5 fielders. Soccer and rugby would suck if the field was 200 meters long with twice as many players. No one would ever get anywhere, most drives would just fizzle out somewhere in the middle of the field, even though the players have no more or less skill than they had before. Observing how boring this would make the game would not be "whining" or "crying" either.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »
It's a really good analogy. 

Dadsguns has a differing opinion that I can respect.  He has stated that he thinks the game is balanced still but it will just take more time for land grabbers to maximize base taking efficiency.  I disagree, but I at least respect that point of view. 

Careful now Grizz, I'm started to get blinded from the glow of your halo :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2010, 09:42:35 PM »
check ur PMs CorkyJr  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2010, 03:18:15 AM »
In some ways, yes, but the similarity with American football is that you have discrete incremental steps along the way - first downs in football, base captures in AH.

In any event, the concept of balance is present in every game. Basketball would be boring as hell if the basket was 30 feet off the ground. Baseball would suck if there were 15 fielders instead of 9. It would also suck if there were 5 fielders. Soccer and rugby would suck if the field was 200 meters long with twice as many players. No one would ever get anywhere, most drives would just fizzle out somewhere in the middle of the field, even though the players have no more or less skill than they had before. Observing how boring this would make the game would not be "whining" or "crying" either.

Even in pro sports, they change certain aspects of the games to keep up with the times.

Im sure if there was a surge and players were consistently hitting 20 home runs per game, the league would then have to sit down and reconsider the fact that they might have to leangthen the feild.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2010, 03:35:43 AM »
You must have corky and shuffler on bbs ignore then because they are completely ignorant to this point you make.  :lol

Thats not what I got from their posts. I think everyone can agree, when it comes to the MAs, this isnt a furballers game and this isnt a landgrabbers game.

Since the dawn of time, the controversy has always been with these 2 types of gameplay. I honestly think that "furballers" or I think more appropiate "guys that like killing things" dont get bent out of shape when bases are fought for instead of sneaked under their noses.
The new setup provides that. Though the change has called for huge masses to smash grab 1) the towns are still hard to see even if 30 guys are at the town, its very easy to miss a building 2) Where before it took average 10 guys to smash a base, now the flow calls for a steady horde to roll bases, which can be hard because usually offensive pushes die off in numbers as the night goes by.

For now, there is a balance. I say this because give it time and people will soon study the towns and find new ways to exploit the new changes. Guys can still take bases..its being done so no worries. But now at least were given a much more sporting choice to defend if we choose to as before where once a raid was spotted, chances are you up and 500 troops are running to the maproom.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »
+ 1000

They're only "discussing" by deliberately misunderstanding and misstating what the other side is saying.

That was one of the more reasoned, and well argued posts I've seen on this bbs in a long time.

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2010, 12:36:55 PM »
Careful now Grizz, I'm started to get blinded from the glow of your halo :)

Grizz kind of reminds me alot of VMPR.... are they one and the same?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »

No.  VMPR was in the 479th.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2010, 02:27:54 PM »

You remind me of CAP1.  Are you two brothers?  :lol

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
Grizz is really a woman acting as a man in the MA.
Kind of like someone else that use to play this game  :noid
But a man acting as a woman.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »
Grizz is really a woman acting as a man in the MA.
Kind of like someone else that use to play this game  :noid
But a man acting as a woman.

:furious
Don't troll them into thinking I am blukitty now.  They already think I am both moot and fester.