Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 13020 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
You all ever hear of Wetrat? Old school muppet that used to go 50/50 with Leviathn yet is hardly remembered.  Food for thought.

Uh, what?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
Uh, what?

Not true?  That's what wetrat said.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »

I don't even recall ever dueling him.  The MA is another matter entirely, and I died plenty there to just about everyone.  Don't get me wrong, Wetrat was a fine stick in his own right, but what you wrote is news to me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2010, 12:45:56 PM »
I don't even recall ever dueling him.  The MA is another matter entirely, and I died plenty there to just about everyone.  Don't get me wrong, Wetrat was a fine stick in his own right, but what you wrote is news to me.

Interesting.  Next time he resurfaces I will get to the bottom of this!  :D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »
I said a few others.  If I was making a list of people that can kill me it would be quite large and you would be on it, but I was actually referring to those that can consistently give me a run for my money or flat out beat me in a decent sized sample set of duels.  Maybe you have been practicing and want another shot?   :D

:rofl heh, like I could not tell that was coming lol.  I was talking about Bighorn.  He is one of the the old ones you know.  But I m on line a lot the last few weeks.  I think last attempt I was told I was 15mph too fast?  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2010, 12:51:18 PM »

Maybe he was talking about panzers?  Wetrat is a nice guy and all but if he made it 30 seconds with me back then, it would have been a miracle.  SkyRock and Creton also told everyone they were the best but it was only a dream  :lol  Wait, now that I think about it, half the mappets would have told you at one point or another that they were the best  :neener:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »
:rofl heh, like I could not tell that was coming lol.  I was talking about Bighorn.  He is one of the the old ones you know.  But I m on line a lot the last few weeks.  I think last attempt I was told I was 15mph too fast?  :lol

Oh yeah bighorn for sure.  Although he will admit he hasn't been himself since he got a new monitor that acts goofy.

We will tango again soon I'm sure, I haven't been playing much the past couple months.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2010, 06:56:39 PM »
Ded i concede to your Mustang analogy, very good comparison!

i wouldn't call Grizz the second coming......i would call his a first coming of his own style. if you watch the films of him flying and then watch the films of the older greats i think you'll find that he is a mixing and melding of many of the old and great ones into one pilot. he changes style and adjusts his fighting attitude from one oldy to the next in the blink of an eye. he has mixed them so thoroughly that he has created his own bag of tricks.

Grizz deserves his props and credit for his innovation and ability to seemlessly mix together the many styles of those that came before him.

as far as his humbleness and naming names of those that could beat him........well lets just say i have watch him alot and i dont see any of those names consistantly beating him. at least not consistantly enough to be able to say that he isnt a threat and that they didnt have to earn every bloody victory.

well enough Grizz leg humping.......we hate each other so he can *&(^%$*%$^N (&%$&)Y^TER% me!!!!!  :D
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »
Maybe he was talking about panzers?  Wetrat is a nice guy and all but if he made it 30 seconds with me back then, it would have been a miracle.  SkyRock and Creton also told everyone they were the best but it was only a dream  :lol  Wait, now that I think about it, half the mappets would have told you at one point or another that they were the best  :neener:

There is a hidden truth in what you said.  The best of the sticks going back as far as my Airwarrior days, didn't talk about it, they just did it.  Over time the word spread through the masses as their actions spoke volumes.  They didn't need to talk themselves up, they just kept clobbering all comers.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2010, 08:46:37 PM »
forum fart double post.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:07:15 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
wow...actually a forum fart triple post.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:07:40 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2010, 08:55:03 PM »
but would you prove that that still rings true against the Grizz of today?

No offense but I have fought Grizz many times and beaten him many times to know that while he may be good, he doesn't walk on water.  The same goes for any of the Muppets and frankly, any of the other good sticks as well.

ack-ack

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
No offense but I have fought Grizz many times and beaten him many times to know that while he may be good, he doesn't walk on water.  The same goes for any of the Muppets and frankly, any of the other good sticks as well.
ack-ack

Idk if you have ever beat me with less E but you definitely are one of the best E fighters in the game and have killed me plenty of times using that E to your advantage.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »
Idk if you have ever beat me with less E but you definitely are one of the best E fighters in the game and have killed me plenty of times using that E to your advantage.

<Face palm>

A classic example of why all the cartoon, I'm bestest talk is pointless as no one has ever lost an even fight.  The other guy always had some advantage, the joystick slipped, my wife spoke to me, the cat bumped the keyboard....

You gents could dual til the cows come home and it won't make a difference.

Is it at all possible that there are a lot of good sticks in the game, and at some point that's as far as it's gonna get?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2010, 09:47:46 PM »

ack-ack

so you are such a great stick that the skill of others just falls below the level of impressing you? so if your so great how come you dont get 15 and 20 plus kills in one sortie (obviously rearms included), why do you live in the 38 instead of mixing most of your flights up? what is your k/d and hit percentage?

now im not implying that you are a bad player, but you shouldnt cast stones against the skillz aquired by someone else until you have bested all of his scores and stats on equal terms more than just once. (just once could be a fluke) and even when you accomplish doing that on your own, you still have no right to cast disparaging judgments against another who has become so skilled a player that the majority of the populace are nothing more than cannon fodder for him.

Grizz is well above what anyone would call a "good" player. he is talented and extremely skilled. if you cant give him that much credit then you should keep your opinion under your hat. truth is truth.

and on a final note, he may not be able to walk on water....but he damn well could skip taters on it!!!!  :D
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr