Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 13035 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »

<Face palm>

A classic example of why all the cartoon, I'm bestest talk is pointless as no one has ever lost an even fight.  The other guy always had some advantage, the joystick slipped, my wife spoke to me, the cat bumped the keyboard....

You gents could dual til the cows come home and it won't make a difference.

Is it at all possible that there are a lot of good sticks in the game, and at some point that's as far as it's gonna get?

:lol
I lose plenty of even fights.  Just not to P38's in the main arena.  If I have, I can't remember, at least not in the past year.

Best ownage I saw in the main arena was being reversed by Joeytony's P51D as a matter of fact.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
so you are such a great stick that the skill of others just falls below the level of impressing you?  

You honestly want to know the only times that I've been truly impressed by someone's flying?  I can only count two times where someone's flying was so incredible to watch that it was actually an honor to see them in action.

Both times were in Aces High, about a year after I started playing.  The first one I saw a Ju88 that was about to be bounced by 4-5 bandits and I told the Ju88 driver that I was on my way and I hit WEP to catch up.  The Ju88 driver told me not to worry and I then watched as this Ju88 out turned a few N1K2s and La7s, killing each one of them.  fight couldn't have lasted more than 2-3 minutes top.  Second time, a Spitfire V and myself were on the deck though with a bit of seperation between us.  The Spit V gets jumped by 4 bandits, I tell the Spit V that I'm on my way.  By the time I get there the Spit V had already shot down 3 and was saddling up in the 4th when a couple of other bandits jumped in, I managed to get one and the Spit V ended up having to clear my six of the 2nd late entry bandit.  I think when the dust settled, the Spit V driver had shot down 5 of the 6 bandits.

I've yet to see any pilot display such skill as watching Drex and Leviathn on those two occasions.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
Idk if you have ever beat me with less E but you definitely are one of the best E fighters in the game and have killed me plenty of times using that E to your advantage.

okay, yours is "energy advantage", Sc0tch's was "stall limiter", which begs me to wonder is what was sun's excuse after our duels a couple of weeks ago?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
okay, yours is "energy advantage", Sc0tch's was "stall limiter", which begs me to wonder is what was sun's excuse after our duels a couple of weeks ago?

ack-ack

Maybe I'm wrong.  Have you beaten me before on even ground in the MA?  The only times I can remember losing to you have been when you come in with more E and played it perfectly to your advantage, you are one of the best with E.  But Co E merge p38 vs k4?  Sorry, I can't recall it if it ever happened, but I can recall plenty of times p38 parts came raining down. :)
Maybe it has happened before though.  I'd be willing to duel anytime you'd like.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2010, 12:42:22 AM »
You honestly want to know the only times that I've been truly impressed by someone's flying?  I can only count two times where someone's flying was so incredible to watch that it was actually an honor to see them in action.

Both times were in Aces High, about a year after I started playing.  The first one I saw a Ju88 that was about to be bounced by 4-5 bandits and I told the Ju88 driver that I was on my way and I hit WEP to catch up.  The Ju88 driver told me not to worry and I then watched as this Ju88 out turned a few N1K2s and La7s, killing each one of them.  fight couldn't have lasted more than 2-3 minutes top.  Second time, a Spitfire V and myself were on the deck though with a bit of seperation between us.  The Spit V gets jumped by 4 bandits, I tell the Spit V that I'm on my way.  By the time I get there the Spit V had already shot down 3 and was saddling up in the 4th when a couple of other bandits jumped in, I managed to get one and the Spit V ended up having to clear my six of the 2nd late entry bandit.  I think when the dust settled, the Spit V driver had shot down 5 of the 6 bandits.

I've yet to see any pilot display such skill as watching Drex and Leviathn on those two occasions.

ack-ack

Drex has been up and about a bit lately.  I got him a couple times while the rust was showing.  It's been ugly since.  What I like is he generally is low and looking for a fight in that Spit IX of his.  Agent, unless the crowd has irked himto the point of getting frustrated, fights the same way.  Look low and there he is on the deck looking for a fight.

Good fun, even if I get the chop more then half the time :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2010, 12:48:20 AM »
Just to add to the previous.  There are a number of guys out there who come in looking to fight, and can generally be found down low.  JUGgler, again, unless the crowd has driven him to dispair, is willing to bend whatever bird he's in, including that D-25 of his, in ways most don't.   Madda is another just looking to have at it.  Catfish tonight was doing the same in a 205. 

The ones really fun to fight and watch fight are the guys who do more with less.  Slapshot and his FM2 comes to mind as well.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »
deffinately fun fights near the A1 area tonight
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2010, 08:32:25 AM »
Just to add to the previous.  There are a number of guys out there who come in looking to fight, and can generally be found down low.  JUGgler, again, unless the crowd has driven him to dispair, is willing to bend whatever bird he's in, including that D-25 of his, in ways most don't.   Madda is another just looking to have at it.  Catfish tonight was doing the same in a 205. 

The ones really fun to fight and watch fight are the guys who do more with less.  Slapshot and his FM2 comes to mind as well.

Don't Fm2's outturn most aircraft in the game?

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:59:04 AM by sunfan1121 »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »
This thread kinda makes me sad. 

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: December 09, 2010, 08:57:21 AM »
  Funny seeing these threads pop up every now and then.

When the puppies aint petted, they howl.

~AoM~

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #221 on: December 09, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »
I shot Grizz's 262 down one day. He had been bouncing low plane at a base one two away from where he was operating from. I went to that base and killed the radar in a 190-A5 and waited just off his base for his return. Once he was taking off again I made my appearance while he was low and slow and shot his 262 down. I lost my engine oil chasing him back into the ack and had to ditch later but I got what I came for.

Now this required no particular skill on my part I even used one of our bailed out pilots to tell me when he was taking off again. I know he had kills on board most likely or he wouldn't have been on the rearm pad. Just a little pay back from me for getting jumped and shot down by him and his  jet earlier in the day. So anyone can kill anyone else if conditions are just right even me and I am no pilot in a dog fight my frame rate is just to low for that.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: December 09, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
I think we seem to confuse skill with name in lights skill.  All late grate ones seem to focus on score or at list K/D.  They tend to have good aim and the ability to get out on time.  They can be found surrounded by squadies that are willing to die for them in order to get out safely.  If you want to meet them, you can find them at the end of runways, not vulching, but picking on slow planes that just took off and had avoid a few others first.  To achieve this goal, they had to develop good aim and the ability to fly the one hit wonder planes.  They also tend to explain to every one how good they are through their directors of propaganda.  Now, I am not saying they could not fight.  They can.  Some are pretty good too, but they do not fight in the MA unless cornered.  So, this is the new style of skill.  The improvement over the old one.

Then there is the old style.  Read ack ack's post to see that one.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #223 on: December 09, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »
I think we seem to confuse skill with name in lights skill.  All late grate ones seem to focus on score or at list K/D.  They tend to have good aim and the ability to get out on time.  They can be found surrounded by squadies that are willing to die for them in order to get out safely.  If you want to meet them, you can find them at the end of runways, not vulching, but picking on slow planes that just took off and had avoid a few others first.  To achieve this goal, they had to develop good aim and the ability to fly the one hit wonder planes.  They also tend to explain to every one how good they are through their directors of propaganda.  Now, I am not saying they could not fight.  They can.  Some are pretty good too, but they do not fight in the MA unless cornered.  So, this is the new style of skill.  The improvement over the old one.

Then there is the old style.  Read ack ack's post to see that one.

Ded i hope that isn't your description of Grizz. if that is how you see him then i feel you are woefully missleading yourself. i will agree that alot of the "skilled" pilots i have seen lately seem to fall within that description, but Grizz does not.

i may be Grizz's squaddie, but i am far from being one of his fans. there are many things that we as individuals have found we do not agree upon. this does not preclude us from being in the same squad nor does it preclude me from stating what i believe to be the truth about his skill in this game.

so with that being said, in my opinion, which i believe to be unbiased, Grizz is currently one of the best sticks in the game in most types of fighter combat and in most planes. i don't see anyone being able to consistently or easily defeat him. don't duel him best of 5 or best of 10 even, try doing best of 10 for ten days, then at the end see how many out of 100 you have won.

if you did happen to have some amazing and tricky type of flying skill that would throw him in the beginning then i would still say that by the fourth day he will have learned your style and melded it into his own improved upon it and would then beat you about the head and neck with it. that is where Grizz's talents truly lay, he is one of those people who have the ability to watch, learn, addapt and absorb the skills of others he flies with/against and then mutate those skillz to fit into his own style of play. (i watched him do this while he flew with m00t, SkyRock and other good sticks when he first joined the Muppet's, so this is not an unfounded or unsupported statement) he is not a one trick pony, watch him some time and look for the constant changes in style that he uses. you may find yourself watching and then naming the pilots that you see.

well anyways, ack is a damn fine 38 jockie, but he refuses to fly outside of his comfort zone and then talks smack about those that he beats. not much broadbased skill there in my opinion. he refuses to use the 109, and from what i understand most other planes, always duels in his chosen ride, thus its never an equal fight because you as his opponent must always meet him at his advantage. Grizz on the other hand will fly anywhere at any alt in any ride, i have never heard of him refusing no matter how bizarr the plane choice.

finally, and i think most importantly, if you duel Grizz and check your mouth and your attitude at the door he will make sure you have a fun time and if there is something you want to learn he will do his best to teach you. but if you go in and you choose to act like a punk.....well lets just say that your quality of fun is all in your hands.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #224 on: December 09, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
 :noid
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)