Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12970 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2010, 06:03:09 PM »
Well, my hat's off to the latest, greatest generation of virtual pilots.  If you guys are even half as good as you insist on telling everyone, then you no doubt represent the vanguard of a new, never-before-witnessed era in pretend WW2 air combat awesomeness.

You haven't changed a bit.

:aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »
wow this thread has gone full blown retard meltdown hasn't it!!???

my point, my only point was i thought very simple. i never said Grizz was the greatest of our time or anytime. i said he has talent and skill in PLAYING this game. my point was that those mutts who were insulting and degrading him had no right or reason to do so. Grizz is skilled Grizz is talented and he deserves to be acknowledged as being so.

i have not fought every player who ever was and will not likely fight every player who ever will be, so i reserve my statements to those i have fought and/or watched fight others. my only comment towards the talents of any others was to say that ack ack had no standing to talk down to Grizz because he almost never fights/duels outside of HIS comfort zone were as Grizz will fight anywhere any alt any plane.

my statement of facts as i have seen them were not intended nor should they have insulted anyone. i have a simple policy of life, if your truth hurts when spoken aloud by another then quit whining and change your reality!!!! if you act in a specific manner then don't take offence when someone points out the facts of your behavior, ack ack did made no mention of my statement so i must conclude that my statement, although not likely 100% positive was close enough to the truth that he was comfortable with it as being an accurate portrait of him, proof of this being that he did not turn his razor shape tongue/typing fingers on me in dispute.

to all of you who mentioned wonderful stories of yesteryear with all your glamorous gods of the sky taking on multiple enemy cons attacking him with advantage and him turning the tide and winning.......well if i was like you I'm sure i would just say "they suck and I'm not much impressed because i did not see these things first hand. see from my personal perspective i have watched INK (known as mortise JETSOM and a few other names) while flying the Hurri IIc engage many (I'm talking over 10) enemy cons and twist and turn his way to killing multiple of the B&Zers before being killed himself. i have also watched him engage again in the Hurri IIc 5 and 6 cons and destroy most if not all of them before egressing to land his out of ammo ride. if his targeting skillz were better i would be really hard pressed to think of anyone in this game that could beat him consistently. but this in my opinion does not make him the greatest, it just makes him damn good and deserving of being respected as a player in this game for his talents.

by the way if i was his attorney Ded you would already have been served with a gag order!!!!  :neener:  :D
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »
Where does all this anger come from?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »
No, I'm saying that it outturns practically everything in the game.  Make your own deductions from that.   :aok

So my mentioning Slapshot and his FM2 has anything to do with it's turning ability how? You suggesting that the plane makes him better?  My point like the other guys I mentioned were that they take on all comers and can usually be found down low.  I didn't name my top 5, just guys  who impress me :aok

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2010, 08:47:28 PM »
So my mentioning Slapshot and his FM2 has anything to do with it's turning ability how? You suggesting that the plane makes him better?  My point like the other guys I mentioned were that they take on all comers and can usually be found down low.  I didn't name my top 5, just guys  who impress me :aok

You mentioned the FM2, I mentioned that it practically outturns everything.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »
You mentioned the FM2, I mentioned that it practically outturns everything.

LOL, OK makes perfect sense :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »
LOL, OK makes perfect sense :aok

Are we going to see a "FM2 IS OVER MODELED!" thread in the future?   :D

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:16:09 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2010, 12:03:35 AM »
Grizz, I've been meaning to ask you, do you have the films from our only DA meet?  A looooong time ago, where I beat you 5-0?  Just curious, but I need those so I can reminisce on the times before you got really, really good.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:30:10 AM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2010, 08:07:46 AM »
Grizz, I've been meaning to ask you, do you have the films from our only DA meet?  A looooong time ago, where I beat you 5-0?  Just curious, but I need those so I can reminisce on the times before you got really, really good.

I don't think so but we can go make some more films if you'd like.  :D

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2010, 08:11:46 AM »
Are we going to see a "FM2 IS OVER MODELED!" thread in the future?   :D

ack-ack

Hah.  I would also put spit9s, p40s, and brewsters into the same category.  It's not really a threat since it a pretty slow and you can just extend away from it when it turns circles around you, but it's not like you are really accomplishing much by outturning late war planes in a plane that should outturn late war planes.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2010, 08:24:08 AM »
Hah.  I would also put spit9s, p40s, and brewsters into the same category.  It's not really a threat since it a pretty slow and you can just extend away from it when it turns circles around you, but it's not like you are really accomplishing much by outturning late war planes in a plane that should outturn late war planes.

Read the bolded part.  It makes the rest of what you write look dumb and contradictory.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »
<S> Levi, shouldn't you be levelling to 85 right about now? :D

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2010, 08:42:49 AM »
Read the bolded part.  It makes the rest of what you write look dumb and contradictory.

:lol
Allow me to expand since you obviously are feeling nit picky and close minded.  It is only a threat against anyone willing to let themselves get killed by it.  If you try to outturn a turny bird when it starts to look futile, you are just committing suicide.

I'm sure your spit5 back in the day was incredibly deadly, but it's hilarious thinking that I would ever let myself get killed by a spit5/spit9 in an LW ride that has speed and climb advantages over it.  It would probably just be a stalemate until I finally landed my shot.

So basically if you fly a turny bird, you get kills on those dumb enough to fight you on your terms and trick people dumb enough to fly in front of your guns in obvious setups.  Not much more to it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:49:44 AM by grizz441 »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55:09 AM »
I'm sure your spit5 back in the day was incredibly deadly, but it's hilarious thinking that I would ever let myself get killed by a spit5/spit9 in an LW ride that has speed and climb advantages over it.  It would probably just be a stalemate until I finally landed my shot.

So basically if you fly a turny bird, you get kills on those dumb enough to fight you on your terms and trick people dumb enough to fly in front of your guns in obvious setups.  Not much more to it.

This was always the case.  This is your nouveau style of flying, to do what players were doing back in beta when flying 109s/190s against Spits and other better turning planes?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2010, 09:06:32 AM »
I think I will always remember one fight we had in the ma lev.  I was in an a5 and you were in your spit.  I knew it was you before we engaged so I managedto surprise you off the merge.  We merged cold headon, you went vertical to immelman and so did I. The reason I will always remember it is because I surprised you and I could actually tell...  I had chopped throttle before the merge and I ended up nearly saddled up on you...  then you jerked around into a spiral climb and nailed me after I stalled out.  But for one shining moment I knew I had you lol.  Honest to god I think I'll always remember that... oh and for the record...  Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!