Author Topic: PNY card?  (Read 291 times)

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
PNY card?
« on: November 10, 2001, 09:48:00 PM »
In another thread it was mentioned to stay away from PNY made videocards. I just recently ordered one and would like to know some more information about this company or exactly what incident has caused this warning.

Lonz

PNY GeForce3 Ti500 64MB ddr ram

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
PNY card?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2001, 01:43:00 PM »
Hiya,

I have a PNY GeForce MX 2 400 video card. I have no problems with it. I got the latest drivers posted by the manufacturer and they up loaded with no sweat. I thought it was the best I could get at the time for under $100.00 and have not been disapointed. Don't sweeat it if someone says they don't like them. If it works who the hell cares what anyone else thinks!  :)

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
PNY card?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
That was proably me you are referring to. PNY uses sub-par RAM on their video cards. That's how they can offer them cheaper than the competition. The biggest performance factor amongst the various brands of GF3s is the RAM.