Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 4293 times)

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
Re: 800nate strikes again...poor thing reallyy..
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 05:43:02 AM »
Des this was not necessary. You're better than that. Take the post down before Skuzzy does.

EZRhino

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 06:27:23 AM »
seriously becos of what you said... HE DESERVES IT MORE!

And to think this kid was the fastest swimmer out of the bunch.......
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 06:48:54 AM »
Fun stuff to be picking on a kid?
Sort of bullying, no?
                                          <S> Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »
Stupid...and I'm not referring to what 800Nate said.

ack-ack

^^^what he said^^^

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 07:16:57 AM »
     Bashin' Nate really has gotten a bit out of control. The worst part of it is that it's -grown ups- doing the bashing.
The same adults who probably have children of their own and who would be fuming, alarmed, and probably quite
worried about their child if their kid took the verbal abuse Nate does in the arena.
  If he bothers you that much, squelch him, or swap countries and shoot him down. Better yet, save
the abuse for another adult who's matured sufficiently to give the guff back to ya and not be emotionally
hurt by it. He's 15, if even that.
   He loves the game, he loves the planes, is pickin' up history bit by bit. Don't kill his enthusiasm. Bein' a kid
and havin' that much is a wonderful thing that most of us "old farts" have lost over the years.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »

He loves the game, he loves the planes, is pickin' up history bit by bit. Don't kill his enthusiasm. Bein' a kid
and havin' that much is a wonderful thing that most of us "old farts" have lost over the years.

+ 1 Odd    :salute

By him being HERE playing shows is intrest in what these guys did in real life, hes the next generation thats going to keep their memory alive after were gone.
I can honestly say that me playing this game has fueled a fire in my 10yrold son that is incredible. From his collection of over 40+ model airplanes, to having an intelligent discussion with the pilot of Panchito (B-25 that does the airshow circuts). When most kids are collecting Bakugans and Pokeman, mine is collecting books about WWII, aircraft and photographs of WWII aircraft. Heck the little bugger even did a school report  on his favorite person in history, he did his on Winston Churchill. ( He had to dress like him and read the report in front of the class, it was priceless). I guess what im getting at is this "game" wound up being more than just a "game" It was the match that lit the fire In a kid that will pass it along to my grandkidds when the time comes. Try and look at Nate this way, and i bet you'll find a dam nice kid, here for the same reason most of us are here!

I have much more respect for him for that reason alone,then many people I know in R/L.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:05:38 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 08:01:59 AM »
I am just waiting for one of these days for someone to take the Flaming so hard that they are going to go Postal and start hunting people down from this game in Real Life. I really do not See 800Nate to much but have read enough about him in the wrong reasons on these forums.  Man we all need to Grow up here and move on.  Leave the Poor Kid Alone he is trying We were all Squeakers at one time.
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 08:03:02 AM »
Waiting .....

to see anything from the guys I have heard thank him for peeling someone off their 6 ...
Ground Pounders ...

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 08:05:39 AM »
Its hard to tell who the 'kids' actually are these days. I'm surprised when I find out the ages of the guys mouthing off on channel sometimes

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »
800nate and people like him are annoying just because of the tone of his voice. But, they are also very important to the long-term viability of the game. Unlike grizzled old cynical veterans 800nate has that unbridled enthusiasm and verve that breathes new life into the game and the genre. Without encouraging the young-uns that actually have the patience for a game like AH we risk losing the next generation of players to the sea of FPS and RTS online games out there. My advise is, if you don't have anything good to say to 800nate or kids like him, just don't say anything...
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 08:16:48 AM »
Shoot, I loved playing my dad's WWII air combat sims back when I was Nate's age. I guess I'm glad that he never let me play AW or AH.  :(

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2010, 08:57:35 AM »
Waiting .....

to see anything from the guys I have heard thank him for peeling someone off their 6 ...
I think Nate has got a few off my 6 before. And I'll do the same for him given the chance :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2010, 09:12:53 AM »
Old guys constantly bullying a kid?
I can't think of anything more pathetic.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2010, 09:23:55 AM »
Old guys constantly bullying a kid?
I can't think of anything more pathetic.

Old guys constantly bullying a kid to the point that the kid quits the game alltogether?
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
The squeak is strong in this thread.