Author Topic: Battle Over Germany - An AHEvents Team Scenario  (Read 5521 times)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: Battle Over Germany - An AHEvents Team Scenario
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2010, 11:41:08 AM »
Waiting on email to get in.......how long to wait????? days.... weeks????
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »
guys, try logging in twice.
after logging in, if it still says you are unable, log in again.
that did the trick for me.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »
Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?
Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?

POOF I am OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2010, 12:13:14 PM »

Give them time to fix whatever kink is in the works. My e-mailed activation link still won't work either.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
  it said sunday was the opening of registration for the event, heres what i got...   Congratulations, you have been registered for the next scenario
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
 This looks like a blast!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:29:21 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2010, 12:44:51 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :x
after opening up 3 diff email accounts made it.....gezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »
:cheers: :cheers: :banana: :x
after opening up 3 diff email accounts made it.....gezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Will do the same.. Something says for some of us this e-mail activation thing is hokey.
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »

This entire event is going to take a great deal of commitment, effort to work through minor and even major hurdles, and a tremendous amount of patience a plans are designed, submitted and worked through.

Sometimes the little things, early on, will determine if this is right for someone. Another way to handle this would have been "Can a CM help with registration, I'm having a problem."

These are the same options as the event progresses.  I need to be clear at the onset, leave the drama at the door, there are far more productive ways to handle very minor problems.

This event will not be geared towards those who simply don't want to participate or spend more than a moments worth of effort.

You'd be surprised how much effort will be put into "Hey, I need a hand" but the "I Quit" type of reaction will get nothing more than "Ok, by."

Too many things to get done, we won't be spending an ounce of time trying to get "I Quit" back into it.  

Please don't mistake this for a discussion topic of how best to treat people, again, I can't be more clear than this.  The event is built for a positive, and sometimes grueling amount of effort. That is the effort that get's attention and reward and unlimited amount of effort to try and solve problems.  

It's a registration system, anyone who is in here having problems registering are clearly trying to get in, and Will Get In, of course, that will only work with the above type of positive and proactive effort, which will translate into a good player in the middle of the event when something extremely minor doesn't go as expected and they work through that as well instead of bail out leaving their team mates hanging.

We are not responsible for the Players Information they provide while registering.  We can, of course, go into the system and figure it out for you, but not simply based on a post in here with incomplete and vague questions.  Registration is Instant, providing The Player Input His Correct Email Address.  You'd be surprised how many times a Typo messed something up.  Remember, We Don't Enter That Information :)  Be sure you are right before you rail on us, we are here to help, but only if we are provided an opportunity to help, and you give us a reason to want to.  Demands and Temper Tantrums do not work well on us.  Things happen, we fix them and move on.

Again, might as well get this out in front early on.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:00:42 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
Thndregg, it can get interesting sometimes lol  that is true.

Usually we have to go in and make sure the ID or email wasn't a typo, or the original email that was used to register was changed and players forgot, or sometimes it is simply that 200 people are hammering the site and a bit or byte got dropped as the server horked up a hairball :)  We'll get it working for you, Enjoy!  And thanks understanding and working through it.
ROC

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »
CC, ROC

I created an alternate address to see if this will work. Will advise.

<EDIT>: No go. It either does not like me, or Yahoo. Second e-mail tried and failed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:09:54 PM by thndregg »
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline GreenEagle43

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dickweedhbg.com
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2010, 01:09:27 PM »
ThunderEgg,
The Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group Is In. CO.THUNER is sending you an e-mail today.
We Have 9 Pilot's. We May Get More By To-Days End.
Recruiting Officer GrnEagle  DHBG
Dedicated to Bish Country. 16 YEARS of BOMBER SERVICE

AN Aces High BOMBER SQUADRON. www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »
Roc,

Do you know how soon after registration that the pilots will have access to the axis/allied forums?

thanks
 :salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »
BigRat, we will be sending regular reports to the side CO's and they will register the players.  Should be a daily export.  Both sides will have CMs to help out with forum access also, so there should not be a delay of more than a day. 

ROC

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
<EDIT>: No go. It either does not like me, or Yahoo. Second e-mail tried and failed.

Hm, oddity of oddities. 

Hang tight, let me check something.
ROC