Author Topic: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.  (Read 6868 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2010, 01:14:25 AM »
As a gv, you're not provided an icon for enemy tanks, only for friendlies. Why can't airplanes have that same limitation?

+++1111 To This as well

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2010, 01:58:46 AM »
Well this is to all the people who think bombing GV's at a spawn battle is ok.

Tonight at the spawn battle at 85 the rooks had it camped pretty well. There wasn't a bish plane egging the entire time i was there but yet there was at least 5 rook planes egging the spawn.
They can't even use 'base defense' as an excuse this time. 85 was a bish base.. its just the fact that it was some downright sorry players that can't leave the GV's alone to duke it out.
So the rooks not only had the spawn mostly camped but were egging away to  :rolleyes:

I really enjoy the Gving in the game when there's no one around egging every GV in sight. But the player base will keep me away from this game forever. I tried to come back but i'm gone again and won't be back.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »
Seems to me that most of the guys bombing gv's are the ones that were in gv's earlier & were getting owned.  :noid
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »
There is a diffrence between upping an A20( :D) to making a gv'er cry and upping a formation of lancs and carpet bombing the spawn. bomb**** is used like it supposed to be offensive or something to that effect. Main gun shot attempts are funny, whirbls are not even issue anymore. What is downright SORRY is the relentless whines about it. Some of you whine worse then my kids.( I am going stoke this fire some more  :devil)
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
I understand that the GV'rs want to get their tank on and get upset when people are dropping eggs on their heads while they are trying to get said "tank" on. Personally, I don't know how you guys think its fun to sit in a tank and wait. I even see even less fun sitting at a spawn and hitting some one before they even have a chance to defend themselves. Its kinda like vulching (and yes I have been guilty of vulching every once in a while, especially when we are trying to take a base). Heck, I break out in a weird rash every time I get in a GV.

However, us guys in the in the air like to exercise another dimension to cartoon air combat and that is the air/ground interdiction. Its challenging (esp. when you have lots of wirbies in the area protecting the tanks) and fun.

My suggestion is if you get bombed, up a wirbie or osti. If you think its easy to drop a bomb and survive against these think again (it takes effort on my behalf not to get buzz sawed). Another option is to call in for fighter cover. If this happens, now we have a multi dimensional fight and that's always great fun.

Finally, I guess I don't understand why people continue to spawn in to a place where you have little or no chance to get a shot off before you die. I was overhead at 85 last night so I had a ring side seat. I had no bombs so I stuck around to watch the melee. Guys who spawned in would get hit in 4 or 5 different directions before they even had a chance to spin their turrets. How is this fun for the guy getting killed. Yet, they kept coming back again and again.
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »
( I am going stoke this fire some more  :devil)

For whatever reason, the GV crowd in AH has developed into the biggest group of whining bleaters
ever collected under one cupola. I'm thinking Tomcat that a dedicated A20 tankbusting group
be formed up for a week with each pilot in it changing his squadron name to : "Thank Killer91"
  As a matter of fact, I'll be in the MA shortly. I'm thinking Mossie XVI with the four-thousand
pounder. :)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
That hasn't been true since the past patch or the one before it.  gv vs. gv = 1.5k icons.  However it does seem to be very intermittent.  Sometimes they are there, other times they are not.... Or actually, it might have been with the update, but fixed with the patch.  Anybody?

As a gv, you're not provided an icon for enemy tanks, only for friendlies. Why can't airplanes have that same limitation?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »

(Snip)

Finally, I guess I don't understand why people continue to spawn in to a place where you have little or no chance to get a shot off before you die. I was overhead at 85 last night so I had a ring side seat. I had no bombs so I stuck around to watch the melee. Guys who spawned in would get hit in 4 or 5 different directions before they even had a chance to spin their turrets. How is this fun for the guy getting killed. Yet, they kept coming back again and again.

I'm gonna assume you don't GV much.. I really don't mind upping at a camped spawn and dying over and over because I know I'm gonna get at least a few kills. Really its quite fun to break a camp and take over the spawn. At least I stand a chance though, tank vs tank. Heck I killed at least 1 tiger last night by upping at a camped spawn and maybe a second one but I don't remember..  but when you you start egging a spawn that your team already has camped, thats what blows my mind. and seeing that its camped no way I'm gonna up a wirb. Then I have no chance against any tank. There's no reason to bring eggs to a spawn battle other than somebody intending to ruin the fun of others.

But whatever, I'm done with this thread and I'm for sure done with the game. I got better things to do than deal with idiots on the internet.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »
Oddball-CAF, Tomcat21, and similar personalities,

I infer from your posts that you are in opposition to changing the GV rules (??).  It therefore seems strange that you seem to be doing everything in your power to make things worse, thereby adding validity to the GVer complaints.  Kind of dumb behavior on your part, isn't it?  

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
I'm gonna assume you don't GV much.. I really don't mind upping at a camped spawn and dying over and over because I know I'm gonna get at least a few kills. Really its quite fun to break a camp and take over the spawn. At least I stand a chance though, tank vs tank. Heck I killed at least 1 tiger last night by upping at a camped spawn and maybe a second one but I don't remember..  but when you you start egging a spawn that your team already has camped, thats what blows my mind. and seeing that its camped no way I'm gonna up a wirb. Then I have no chance against any tank. There's no reason to bring eggs to a spawn battle other than somebody intending to ruin the fun of others.

But whatever, I'm done with this thread and I'm for sure done with the game. I got better things to do than deal with idiots on the internet.

So it's cool to get drilled over and over by multiple spawn campers but if a heavy fighter or attack plane bombs you once, that makes you log?   This makes no sense at all.  :huh

Point blank spawn gang bang = good
bombing tanks = bad

Now I understand.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:14:35 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2010, 05:05:36 PM »
You would also think after a while they would bring a Whirble with them..........  HOLY SMOKES....  Bring a gv that fires bullets, into the sky!!!  Crazy?  Perhaps....  :D

So it's cool to get drilled over and over by multiple spawn campers, but if a heavy fighter or attack plane bombs you once, that makes you log?   This makes no sense at all.  :huh
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »
Quote from killer 91

Well this is to all the people who think bombing GV's at a spawn battle is ok.Tonight at the spawn battle at 85 the rooks had it camped pretty well. There wasn't a bish plane egging the entire time i was there but yet there was at least 5 rook planes egging the spawn.
They can't even use 'base defense' as an excuse this time. 85 was a bish base.. its just the fact that it was some downright sorry players that can't leave the GV's alone to duke it out.
So the rooks not only had the spawn mostly camped but were egging away to  

I really enjoy the Gving in the game when there's no one around egging every GV in sight. But the player base will keep me away from this game forever. I tried to come back but i'm gone again and won't be back

OH pulllease. I guess you werent atound when the situation was reveresed when u guys not only had the spawn camped and egg tards dropping on us but u also had the cv offshore shelling the spawn.  Cry me a freaking river killer91. Take it like a man like we do. Dont get mad when you get paid back.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:13:43 PM by ap1102 »

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »
If bombing GV's is considered low and shouldn't be done then I want the community to explain why clubbing my B25C like a baby seal is ok? As a B25 Fighter Pilot I demand that people respect my fun and fly their fighters slow and always in front of me so I have a sporting chance.  :cry
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »

Tonight at the spawn battle at 85 the rooks had it camped pretty well. There wasn't a bish plane egging the entire time i was there but yet there was at least 5 rook planes egging the spawn.
So the rooks not only had the spawn mostly camped but were egging away to  :rolleyes:

I really enjoy the Gving in the game when there's no one around egging every GV in sight. But the player base will keep me away from this game forever. I tried to come back but i'm gone again and won't be back.

Should've been on earlier.  Exactly opposite of what you're whining about.

What you "don't tase me in my GV bro!"  guys don't seem to realize is that by diving in and egging a tank, that fighter puts himself in a bad situation as well.  If there's a con with even a little alt in the area, he's easy pickins. 

Cry me a frikkin river. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:25:01 PM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »

So the rooks not only had the spawn mostly camped but were egging away to  :rolleyes:

hey killer ill have your computer then  :D
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!