Author Topic: Dodecenese Screens  (Read 2361 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Dodecenese Screens
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »
me and perdweeb actually landed at 143 after we strafed the fuel tanks. irony being that since we destroyed the fuel tanks there would be no way to refill with allied fuel to get home

Excuse me. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that instead of heading home at the end of the frame,  you consciously chose to stayed to the point that you could not make it to and land at an Axis airfield. Instead of RTB you decided to cap A143, engaged an allied plane at A143 there, then strafed its strats, and then landed at and allied base at end frame.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:00:57 PM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 09:27:55 PM »
Yes ghst,

With 10 minutes left we were 2 sectors from home. I PMed the CM and asked if a ditch still gave the enemy 5 points, he replied "Yes." So I made the decision to turn back to 143 and try to get as many points as we could by strafing targets such as fuel tanks to try and negate the 10 points we were going to give the Allies. Once we arrived, a C2 was there so we engaged. There were 5 minutes left at this point. We killed him, then DerJude strafed 2 fuel tanks and 2 man acks. AT one minute remaining we landed on the enemy base for no reason to be honest. Either way we were going to be captured so we decided to land and take our weekly "who survived" photo on the runway.

If I am not supposed to do ths, I did not know. I understand it that until time is up, hostilities are always on. Unlike Scenarios where a Halte to Hostilities is called, then an added 30 mins to RTB and land safely is given. I feel that what I did was a good decision considering the points we saved the Axis. But if I am not supposed to do this please guide me to what I should have done. If there is a rule, I will follow it.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 10:22:45 PM »
Perdue,

Thanks for the response.

Currently there is not a rule against this. Actually myself and another admin thought that FSOs behaved the way you explain scenarios do. We also believed there was clear call that you needed to be landed by end frame. But this seems to be more of an informal thing that something written and defined. The same goes for landing by end frame and one way trips. It is something that I always assumed was there (CMs have always to my knowledge not been happy about one way trips ... we think everybody should actually try to survive). Again something that I thought was formal actually is more informal in nature.

I am discussing with CMs about how to handle this for the future. Right now I don't know if it should be like scenarios where a formal end of hostilities is called and players have X many minutes to still get home and land and no kills or damage to bases count in that window. Or maybe some other tack.

Again nothing about you and Der Jude or your decision. However, going forward I have to consider the possible future ramifications of not having a formal end of hostilities call.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:30:10 PM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »
My squadron always tried to get home safely and land before frame's end. You can ask any one of my squadmates. Usually we prepare about 15-20 mins to allow for the trip home but as you know with the current FSO's map, the bases are bloody far from each other and we just couldn't get home in time and I knew this so I went a more radical decision.

I believe that all squads make it their goal to arrive home safely by the end of the frame, my squad included. This frame had a peculiar situation that were thrusted in and I feel that I made the right decision in the end.

For the future, I vote yes on the Hostility end - allotted time to land.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 07:30:53 PM »
Ahh no, not a night scheme.  Its a dark green which they had painted on before their redeployment from Russia to the Med. 

Ahhh, thanks for the correction. Looks to be a dark black on my comp.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »
Very nice, Tuk!

Great details.
 :aok
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »

Made it home with 3 gallons of fuel between the two of us.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
A little excitement over the target...

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member