Author Topic: Initial 2010 TOC thread.  (Read 14382 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: Initial 2010 TOC thread.
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2010, 04:39:38 PM »
Maybe so.  Perhaps Fuzeman or AKDogg could chime in then and let us know if squad ventrilo is acceptable during competition.  
There has NEVER been a rules against it. And IF they made one about it. Then, The Few would follow that rule as they do the rest.

But yet, once again, How is it cheating?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2010, 04:51:44 PM »
Maybe so.  Perhaps Fuzeman or AKDogg could chime in then and let us know if squad ventrilo is acceptable during competition.  

Because you can coordinate very easily.  For example if sunsfan is fighting drbone and kazaa is coming in, kazaa can say on vent "Coming in lock stock for that ghastly muppet fellow old boy".  
Or during wabbit round they can all make sure that the wabbit has no chance to not get ganged to oblivion.  "Chaps get on grizz he is on northwest part of map".

Seriously grizz? You are basing all this off assumptions? Come on bro. You need proof of this kind of thing. Paranoia isnt doing anything but stirring the pot and making you guys seem like whiners. I love you guys to death, but this horse isnt breathing anymore.

Oh and by the way
10) Chat rule
  * Text chat is only allowed on squad and range (Only in tower)Text.  No Chatting on Vox or text on 101 and country chn.

The Few have done nothing but follow the rules of KoTH.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
Seriously grizz? You are basing all this off assumptions? Come on bro. You need proof of this kind of thing. Paranoia isnt doing anything but stirring the pot and making you guys seem like whiners. I love you guys to death, but this horse isnt breathing anymore.

Oh and by the way
10) Chat rule
  * Text chat is only allowed on squad and range (Only in tower)Text.  No Chatting on Vox or text on 101 and country chn.

The Few have done nothing but follow the rules of KoTH.

All I'm saying is, you can unfairly collaborate over ventrilo, just as you can unfairly collaborate over squad vox during competition.  In my opinion, this is why everyone has to tune to V101 and maintain radio silence during the fight.  I'm not accusing The Few of collaborating, but I am pointing out the potential for unfair play when a 3rd party voice comm system is used.  

Again, like I said, I want clarification from AKDogg and Fuzeman on the issue, isn't that reasonable?  I'd also expect that if they deem it is unfair and cannot be used during KOTH, The Few will respect that decision and refrain from using it.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
haha this is funny :rofl

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »
-AoM-

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »
Is it KOTH or SDL II?

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2010, 06:38:09 PM »
Making a rule outside of the game isn't possible, will let me rephrase that it isn't punishable.  Making a rule that isn't punishable while some may still follow the rule, some want.  It just gets into a territory of outside the game rules, like you may only use 1 screen instead of 3 with a maximum of 19" screen, ect. ect. Outside the game regulations isn't plausible in my opinion.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2010, 06:40:43 PM »
In an ideal perfect KOTH all communications would be in the open, available to all. This of course is impossible. Communication can obviously help people in fights. There is absolutely no way we could enforce such a rule if we had one regarding this, it was discussed. Makes no sense adding a rule that's impossible to enforce.

In this case, fuze probably appreciates that more than I do grizz.
Just to clarify on a side point... fuze is a different player than fuzeman and I know fuzeman does not like the mixup.

:salute Fuzeman

Guess I have to type faster, #125 and 126 got in ahead of me.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2010, 06:47:01 PM »
something like this would probably be desired by most  :D

KOTH Forum Wish
we wish for HiTech ( HTC ) to create some type of Jamming device or Blocker, that the Event CM's could switch on or off depending on the Special Event, that would block any and all  outside of the game VOX programs from being able to run at the same time Aces High is running, and would cause AH to "Alt-F4" immediately if a specific DLL launched while Aces High was running or would not allow Aces High to load up and log in to the game if the AH FE detected such a piece of software was running

:bolt:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »
In an ideal perfect KOTH all communications would be in the open, available to all. This of course is impossible. Communication can obviously help people in fights. There is absolutely no way we could enforce such a rule if we had one regarding this, it was discussed. Makes no sense adding a rule that's impossible to enforce.

In this case, fuze probably appreciates that more than I do grizz.
Guess I have to type faster, #125 and 126 got in ahead of me.

It cannot be enforced for the most part I agree, but it should still be against the rules.  Players with integrity will abide by the rules regardless of if they can get away with it or not.

How about for TOC, every player invited gets to join on The Few's ventrilo channel?  That'll keep it fair.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2010, 07:09:32 PM »
something like this would probably be desired by most  :D

:bolt:

What about cell phones? If two KOTH participants live next to each other. Would we require them to insulate and soundproof their rooms so they can't yell across the yard at each other?

If we could rely on people's honor and sense of fairplay we would probably have a much simpler set of rules similar to way back when STICK ran it in AirWarrior.
http://www.327th.com/koth.html
The truth is unfortunately, we can not.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »
hehe....... I meant that as a lil humor, Dave

the more high tech the population becomes, the more technical things become, the more rules it seems there need to be for this or for that

and yes things were so much simpler and needed less rules back in the AW days and even in the earlier AH days.......

everyone had respect for the other and appreciated each others abilitys to control their cartoon planes in the cartoon skys.....

and you hardly ever had to waste time listening to complaints, or call someone out for breaking a rule........

we self policed ourselves and we posted or voiced it , if we screwed up and crossed the line....... we would send ourselves to the tower.....

wish ya all the best  :cheers:

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »
Communication can obviously help people in fights.
Proof of this needs to be shown before you base an accusation off of pure thought.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »
It cannot be enforced for the most part I agree, but it should still be against the rules.  Players with integrity will abide by the rules regardless of if they can get away with it or not.

How about for TOC, every player invited gets to join on The Few's ventrilo channel?  That'll keep it fair.
You are seriously starting to sound like a little girl. All this crying isnt going to make you win TOC. I understand your concerns. But there is nothing that can be done about it. There is no way that vent can be policed. Who is to say others in KoTH dont use vent or some other 3rd party chat client?
You're just going to have to suck it up or just not show. God forbid you dont win TOC. I can see the threads now.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »
Is it KOTH or SDL II?
If muppets or others would actually show up and win some KoTH's. There wouldnt be so many of the few in there. People need to step up their game. No sense crying over lack of skills. Get in there and win one.