Author Topic: Arena split  (Read 567 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Arena split
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
Is it just me or is the new single "off hours" arena proving that the need for split arenas really doesnt exist?  The single off hours arena just had close to 300 players on a map that usually only has less than 30 players on it in MW and things seemed to be working out just fine.  Funny thing is MW happened to have the exact same map at the time with over 50 players in, almost double the average number count in that arena.  Makes me think the single LW arena would help populate the other existing arenas.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: Arena split
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:45:03 PM »
Forget flame retardant undies... you gonna need a full suit  :bolt:
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »
i really dont care, its a forum to post my opinion and thats what i did.  If people have nothing better to do then flame it then so be it, makes no difference to me.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 04:56:47 PM »
Do you think people will just stop going into a Late War area at about 300 people?  300 works fine, that's what LWO is at many nights, it's the 500+ that causes problems.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »
no i dont think that people will just stop going in but how many nights do we actually have close to 500 total players on in both arenas combined?

Offline Crythos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:36:38 AM »
Its been in a little while now so feel its time to say I like the new arena setup.

Please be aware I am speaking as an EU player, enjoying the one one arena with bigger numbers and the scrapping that generates and having no hassle flying with the peeps i choose to fly with.

10pm comes, I can choose to play the log in log out shuffle but mostly take the hint to do summat else for abit before before bed.

How the arena split effects the peak hours crowd may be different but dont feel qualified to comment on that for obvious reasons.
"Tojo"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 06:56:19 AM »
  Makes me think the single LW arena would help populate the other existing arenas.

A single MA would only help to populate other arenas if there was a cap on it, and so low a low one that players would be forced to go to EW, MW AvA or whatever.
But that would be much less popular (to word it euphemistically) than any other caps issue...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman