Author Topic: had a pretty good night  (Read 2041 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
had a pretty good night
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:00:38 AM »
in the ava last night. got home earlier than expected, and logged in. for a bit, the fights were up kind of high.....like 24k high........and there was a lot of "latewaresque" smack talk going on, but that seemed  to die down after a bit.
 was good numbers.....thing i saw around 20 or so at one point.

after about an hour, the fights came down to a reasonable altitude......like 5k down to the deck reasonable. had a couple great fights against rammey.....won one, lost one. got myself picked, despite check-six's from others(target fixation) a couple of times. discovered that although i think spitfires are easymode, i still totally suck in them, and seem to be able to perform much much better in the hurricane1.
 had one fight that should yeild some great screenshots......started as a 4-1, became a 4-2, then a 3-1 fairly quickly, which i actually survived, as the last of the three(vultchey) bugged out.

i always feel good when it takes more than one to kill me cartoon self.....and even better when i manage to take out a couple of them, and make one or more of em run away.  :devil

dam those early war POS's are fun.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: had a pretty good night
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
in the ava last night. got home earlier than expected, and logged in. for a bit, the fights were up kind of high.....like 24k high........and there was a lot of "latewaresque" smack talk going on, but that seemed  to die down after a bit.

I found it interesting that the high alts and smack talk, and subsequent dying down, coincided with a certain few from a certain Axis squad being there and then leaving.  :noid

dam those early war POS's are fun.  :aok

Welcome to my fun little world.  :banana:  I found the Hurri-1 a couple of years ago when I was bored with the game and decided to try something "that is teh suk".
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »
I found it interesting that the high alts and smack talk, and subsequent dying down, coincided with a certain few from a certain Axis squad being there and then leaving.  :noid

Welcome to my fun little world.  :banana:  I found the Hurri-1 a couple of years ago when I was bored with the game and decided to try something "that is teh suk".

yea...it did seem to die down when they left, but from what i could tell, they didn't start the poop though....they just flew high. i didn't like the fact that all was high like that, but i guess i cvan understand it for squad ops though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »

You should have noticed that the smack-talk started with the usual foofy suspects and got less response than usual from their intended targets.

As far as high alt, well I suppose if I was flying spits and hurricanes I'd want everyone else in low turn fights flying their weakness against my strengths too.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 12:12:37 PM »
ImaDolt stirring things up?  Nice.... :aok

I didn't think he did that.  He always tells us what a nice guy he is.   :rofl
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »
You should have noticed that the smack-talk started with the usual foofy suspects and got less response than usual from their intended targets.

As far as high alt, well I suppose if I was flying spits and hurricanes I'd want everyone else in low turn fights flying their weakness against my strengths too.

I THINK the reason for the high alt was due to jg3 squad ops. no big deal really. as much as i like my "in the weeds" low alt fights, those up around 20k can be massively fun too.

what kept getting me, was that A)as mentioned, i suck in any spitfire, B) it seemed that i'd be in a 1-1 fight, and in less than 2 turns, there were suddenly 3 or 4 109's on my six, that just seemed to drop outta warp(star trek reference, not cheat reference), and they'd subsequently take my spitty apart for me.
 i did much better in the hurricane, and with some tips from dot, i was managing to score better hits too.

all in all, a great fun night. i give it a  :aok :aok  out of  :aok :aok     :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
ImaDolt stirring things up?  Nice.... :aok

I didn't think he did that.  He always tells us what a nice guy he is.   :rofl

actually, i was picturing dot as banging his head on the keyboard last night, as he was trying to diffuse the lw banter.

one of those guys kept trying to target me, and almost always got quiet when given facts.....the other guy kept trying to target me too.......but his i almost think he was really just messing around....not sure though.

and i shuold have done this in the OP.......but a big <<S>> to rammey for a couple of incredibly FUN fights.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:40:02 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »

I THINK the reason for the high alt was due to jg3 squad ops. no big deal really. as much as i like my "in the weeds" low alt fights, those up around 20k can be massively fun too.

what kept getting me, was that A)as mentioned, i suck in any spitfire, B) it seemed that i'd be in a 1-1 fight, and in less than 2 turns, there were suddenly 3 or 4 109's on my six, that just seemed to drop outta warp(star trek reference, not cheat reference), and they'd subsequently take my spitty apart for me.
 i did much better in the hurricane, and with some tips from dot, i was managing to score better hits too.

all in all, a great fun night. i give it a  :aok :aok  out of  :aok :aok     :devil

IMO, the purer and more interesting fight is the Spit I vs Emil.  Only the 2-dimensional dweebs that need to fall back on flat turning squirm their way into a Hurri I in a BoB setup.  Only thing worse than them are the guys that fly the 110c in that setup.

;)
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
IMO, the purer and more interesting fight is the Spit I vs Emil.  Only the 2-dimensional dweebs that need to fall back on flat turning squirm their way into a Hurri I in a BoB setup.  Only thing worse than them are the guys that fly the 110c in that setup.

;)

i tried to fly the spit early on. i just couldn't seem to hit anything with it.....................and couldn't turn the dam thing for my life.

i flew the hurri, and was able to hit with it, and turn.....i tended to use a lot of vertical though, as that's how i fight.....and i don't mean bnz, but rather vertical turning.......she does fairly nice in the vertical as long as you're on top of things, and use plenty of rudder to control her.

i saw a pretty even mixture of spits and hurricanes......but only saw one 110, flown by shifty.

i was very amazed at how those 109's turned........it seemed like they turned on a dime, and gave back 9 cents change....... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »

i saw a pretty even mixture of spits and hurricanes......but only saw one 110, flown by shifty.

I always knew he was a dweeb, that confirms it!
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
I always knew he was a dweeb, that confirms it!

WELL......considering i was flying a hurricane by the end of the night.......i can't talk...... :devil :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
Sorry no sorties in a 110 for Shifty this month you can check my stats. You must have me confused with another ankle.  :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »
well they pretty much all look alike :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »
well they pretty much all look alike :D

Especially when CAP gets on em...  :uhoh

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
Sorry no sorties in a 110 for Shifty this month you can check my stats. You must have me confused with another ankle.  :D

dam......coulda sworn that i saw your name next to 110 in the film......could've been wrong though, as i had film running for around an hour, and was trying to trim it down to the parts with the good fights.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"