Author Topic: got my arse handed to me  (Read 457 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
got my arse handed to me
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:09:02 PM »
all night on saturday night in the ava.

i won a couple of fights....sorta. it was more like i used the stealthy approach on the ones i won.

thanks to SAJ73, and paleoguy. some friggin GREAT fights sirs. i got lots of film to watch to see if i can figure out what the hell i did wrong in those fights.

hope to see you both back again....even when we don't have jets.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
Re: got my arse handed to me
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:16:07 PM »
Thank you Sir :salute and a big <Salute> to you!
This night started off with me trying to figure out how to handle these jets, and I could not understand how everyone I fought could outturn me with such ease.. Because I did not stand a chance at first. Then I figured out that 100% of fuel perhaps was just a little more than I actually needed for a few good fights, so I reduced to 50% and the plane totally changed its flying characteristics.

After that I started to have some really good fights, and spent a few sorties trying out some different convergences because I was not hitting much at first. Started with short convergence, then went to max convergence and ended up somewhere in the middle and was actually hitting where I was aiming.  :aok Finally I could see some flying parts and exploding jets too.  :rock :lol

Then you showed up, and we ended up in quite a few good fights together.  :cheers:
But when jaeger1 came along I started to get in big trouble, I was chasing him for quite some time not knowing it was him. He was very hard to track, and my poor laptop was rendering terrain like crazy and that was partly my problem seeing him. Because I could not spot his tiny jet among all the popping trees and other structures around the town we were fighting above.

So I went up to get some overview, stupid move. :rolleyes: Next time I looked behind there was a 262 closing in on my 6 so fast I could not go anywhere.. Did a final attempt to twist my plane out of the stream of bullets, but too late..  :O :joystick:

Was not the only time I was thrown into the tower with a pulse of 300 during this night, but that last image of jaeger1's closing 262 with blazing guns sure got stuck in my mind.  :noid

Really hope we will meet again CAP1, and may repeat the great fun. Even tho I don't get many free nights to play much in these nights to come..
In fact I am lucky if I get a full night to play at all before New Year because we will have a pretty full house here with family and friends staying over during most of Christmas. Even before and after.. But hope to get atleast a night or two of fun in between.  :pray

<S>  :salute
TheStig

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:38:43 PM »
Thank you Sir :salute and a big <Salute> to you!
This night started off with me trying to figure out how to handle these jets, and I could not understand how everyone I fought could outturn me with such ease.. Because I did not stand a chance at first. Then I figured out that 100% of fuel perhaps was just a little more than I actually needed for a few good fights, so I reduced to 50% and the plane totally changed its flying characteristics.

After that I started to have some really good fights, and spent a few sorties trying out some different convergences because I was not hitting much at first. Started with short convergence, then went to max convergence and ended up somewhere in the middle and was actually hitting where I was aiming.  :aok Finally I could see some flying parts and exploding jets too.  :rock :lol

Then you showed up, and we ended up in quite a few good fights together.  :cheers:
But when jaeger1 came along I started to get in big trouble, I was chasing him for quite some time not knowing it was him. He was very hard to track, and my poor laptop was rendering terrain like crazy and that was partly my problem seeing him. Because I could not spot his tiny jet among all the popping trees and other structures around the town we were fighting above.

So I went up to get some overview, stupid move. :rolleyes: Next time I looked behind there was a 262 closing in on my 6 so fast I could not go anywhere.. Did a final attempt to twist my plane out of the stream of bullets, but too late..  :O :joystick:

Was not the only time I was thrown into the tower with a pulse of 300 during this night, but that last image of jaeger1's closing 262 with blazing guns sure got stuck in my mind.  :noid

Really hope we will meet again CAP1, and may repeat the great fun. Even tho I don't get many free nights to play much in these nights to come..
In fact I am lucky if I get a full night to play at all before New Year because we will have a pretty full house here with family and friends staying over during most of Christmas. Even before and after.. But hope to get atleast a night or two of fun in between.  :pray

<S>  :salute

we will in the ava....soonz the holidaze are over, i'll manage to find a bit more time in the arena......and hope to be able to disassemble your airplane for ya, before mine falls apart.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
we will in the ava....soonz the holidaze are over, i'll manage to find a bit more time in the arena......and hope to be able to disassemble your airplane for ya, before mine falls apart.  :aok

Sounds like great fun.  :aok
I don't mind falling down in an disassembled plane as long as the fights are good!   :rock :salute
TheStig

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
i was just watching the film of that fight...the one where you got the proxie on me......i'm glad you got that proxie. a certain ex-squadmate of mine was the one i was fighting. i won't drag his name out here. just before that fight, he ran from me for nearly a whole sector, till i broke off, seeing more red guys up high. i climbed, and was engaging paleoguy, and saw tracers go by me....it was the ex-squadmate........i drug the fight low, and it took me a few miles of flat scissors to force him to almost overshoot....he didn't, but he messed up enough for me to trap him into a low alt knife fight. i stalled, and bellyflopped into the overmodeled ground.
 he didn't deserve that kill, as all his mind was set on was picking.....and judging by the fights we had after that, you did indeed deserve it.

:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »
Ah, its all cool then.  :cool: Because frankly spoken, I did feel kinda bad for him about me getting that kill. After all I was just following to be a spectator to what could be a good fight to watch, I never thought I'd end up with any kill because of it..  :uhoh

I did get too close a couple of times, and I started thinking afterwards it might very well look like I was jumping into the fight. But it was only to get a good look, not to pick or anything.  :)

So, when I ended up with the kill I just felt bad about being there at all..  :noid

I could have gone along with the others who fought on the oposite side of our base, but they were about 4-5 guys hunting one sole con over there so I figured I'd stay out of that and tagged along with you two instead..  :airplane:
TheStig