Author Topic: Something a little different for this week's WW1 event  (Read 561 times)

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
Something a little different for this week's WW1 event
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:20:09 PM »
Ok here's this week's scenario... if you prefer to do your own thing in there on the day that's fine, it's designed not to get in the way of normal ops, just add to them.

Mesopotamia. The allegiance of a fierce local tribe known as the 'Turncoats' is yet again in the balance. Wandering the hot desert on their camels armed to the teeth, they would make a valuable ally to either side.   A notorious double agent (Mata Hairy?) acting on orders from who knows where has poisoned one of their fresh water wells. Attempting to escape by air the spy was brought down by ground fire in the middle of nowhere with a dead pilot.

The Turncoats are furious and want the spy's head in a basket. However they are unable to approach the downed aircraft on foot due to several fighting scouts defending the fallen spy, flown apparently by fanatical Turncoat rebels. Their loyalty to the secret organisation responsible for the poisoning is absolute and they are prepared to die defending the downed agent. 

The Turncoats are suspicious of both the Axis and Allied powers, unsure of which side ordered the attack on their precious water suppy. Regardless of where the orders came from, whichever side is seen to deliver the death blow will win the allegiance of the tribe and therefore possibly the war in Mesopotamia. Therefore scout aircraft from both sides will no doubt scramble to win a fighting race to butcher the downed spy.

This event will require a standing start.

Allies up from Bishop A2 - Camels and F2B's
Axis up from Knight A3 - Dr1's and DVII's

Skeleton Crew will provide downed spy aircraft and also fly as Turncoats. Thanks to SCBilly and SCASP for volunteering. Might need a couple more on the day so if you fancy it let me know.

Objective is to claim the 'kill' on the downed Rook aircraft for your country.

If the turn around time for the mission is short enough we will run the scenario twice or possibly more subject to player interest. Hopefully these events will demonstrate to the 'powers that be' that not only is there a healthy and growing following in the WW1 arena, but also that you can add some variety to the dogfighting theme without detracting from it.

Same day and time as the last one - Saturday 11th December at 19:30Hrs (7.30pm) US EST  :salute

"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Something a little different for this week's WW1 event
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »

Tusk,

You definitely get points for enthusiasm and effort!

:salute,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »
Tusk,

You definitely get points for enthusiasm and effort!

:salute,
Wab

As did Custer, the Zulus at Rorke's Drift and the guy who invented the submersible cigarette holder for swimmers and divers  :(

I think this would be easier if we had a WW1 forum.

A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »
WWI forum gets my vote. 

Tusk I'll try to be there for ya sir  :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 07:26:46 AM »
I wouldn't usually do this but as there have been so few respondents so far, and several guys have contacted me off-forum to say they can't make this day/time, I'm going to move the event back a week. So the event will now be held on Saturday 18th December at 19:30Hrs (7.30pm) US EST

Apologies if this inconveniences anyone.

Offline SC-ASP

• Zinc Member
      • WW1 Sims Officers Club
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 08:07:27 PM »
Hiya Boss!
Hiya WW1 Simmers!

i will be able to make the 18th, would be happy to be be the downed f2b or cap for it ...
c'mon all you canvas and balsa wood guys... :neener:

SC-ASP