Author Topic: Color Coded Maps  (Read 1701 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: Color Coded Maps
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
Thanks,  maybe I downloaded them right will see.  :rock
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 06:09:25 AM »
Nice. Dreidock, are those the ones TD posted? (I have those but did not check).
The one you show there is spot on for Intel. Harder to see targets with the new field layouts.

<S> Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 10:33:51 AM »
Nice of everyone to share. I really appreciate it and I am sure that VF-17 will appreciate it as well.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »
Secondly. the bingo dot style  (no offence) Doesnt aid you in letting you know what the targets look like. Only where they are supposed to be

One thing you don't realize is that two versions of these maps were available to squadmates.  One is a printout of color maps on 8.5X11 paper (one sheet per map) with a very high resolution image and a legend.  The other version is what I linked to, which is a 'clipboard' version of those maps is scaled down considerably in color and definition to make it adequate for in-game use.  We prefer the 'bingo dobs' and numbering for planning purposes.. example while in flight we can call out "Bob, you go bomb #17... Ralph you get #23... Joel get #11" and everyone knows exactly what to hit.

If they need to know what the target looks like, the print outs are much clearer and easier to read, but honestly we all have enough experience to be able to identify the targets without having to look up what they look like.. even with the new bases.