Author Topic: Town ack?  (Read 717 times)

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
Town ack?
« on: December 16, 2010, 06:00:10 AM »
We were attacking a base this morning and every time we got all the acks down, they would all pop within 5-7 minutes. Which left us empty handed. Is the ack popping faster due to the change in the way towns are taken? Or am I just imagining things? Also, the ack seems super deadly now. I've had multiple one shot, one kill moments where I was flying past the town when the ack popped.

I might just be crazy, mad and a little tired, but I thought I'd bring it up. :lol
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Town ack?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
Supplies?  Could someone have been resupplying the base???  Now that never happens....
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »
A combination of someone resupplying the base and your luck?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 11:23:40 AM »
Supplies?  Could someone have been resupplying the base???  Now that never happens....
Not that often.....

As for the OP you should probably get a film to go with this...then HTC can see if its a bug or not :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »
After thinking about it, I would agree that town ack seems a bit more potent.  We had several squaddies get one ping kills after the update.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 12:19:33 PM »
It only happens at certain bases, a while ago, you couldn't get the ack to pop. I'll try to get video. No promises, though. It only happens at select bases every so often.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 12:24:53 PM »
Town Ack has not changed. Only ack change is on the top of the flack tower in the city.

Ack can be restored quicker with field supplies.
AAA can be down longer by hitting the AAA Factory.

HiTech

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »
That must've been it. We've had guys go on HQ raids and taking down the AAA factories and everything else. This makes sense. Thanks, Hitech.
Landing is overrated.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »
Just to be clear, town ack can be brought up quicker by dropping field supplys on the field, or do they have to be dropped in town in order to get town ack up faster?
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 02:17:42 AM »
I think you'll find that the square emplacements in town, around the edges,   are the slower firing ones and have a larger round than the circular fast firing auto acks. 

One critical hit from these and buh bye.   Usually they will only connect if your pretty slow flying right infront of the dam thing.

I've assumed they are auto soft guns the same calibre as player controlled ones.  I may be wrong.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 02:45:34 AM »
Just to be clear, town ack can be brought up quicker by dropping field supplys on the field, or do they have to be dropped in town in order to get town ack up faster?

Anecdotally?

Drop it in town as Field Supplies need to be dropped within 1/4 mile of the "field".

I think you'll find that the square emplacements in town, around the edges,   are the slower firing ones and have a larger round than the circular fast firing auto acks. 

I've assumed they are auto soft guns the same calibre as player controlled ones.  I may be wrong.

The smaller Hard guns appear to be quad 20mm and, as you said, the larger are the same as the soft guns.  40mm single?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »
It wasn't a huge round, it was one of the smaller rounds with the 4 shot bursts. I watched it (although with lag, anything is possible).
Landing is overrated.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 07:39:23 AM »
We were attacking a base this morning and every time we got all the acks down, they would all pop within 5-7 minutes. Which left us empty handed. Is the ack popping faster due to the change in the way towns are taken? Or am I just imagining things? Also, the ack seems super deadly now. I've had multiple one shot, one kill moments where I was flying past the town when the ack popped.

I might just be crazy, mad and a little tired, but I thought I'd bring it up. :lol

Nope not crazy. squad deacked town 46 in LWB last night and 5 minutes later they were all popping. Noone that resuped feild or even close to the town. Weird
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz