Author Topic: How F3 can improve shooting  (Read 8014 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: How F3 can improve shooting
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2010, 01:33:16 PM »
Please post the films of these killes you speak of. 
When I get home I'll post them, they will be media fire links
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »
Except for the $.

Well, in the words of someone famous, I have yet to see a film of anyone quitting because they could not have supper SA  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »
Well, in the words of someone famous, I have yet to see a film of anyone quitting because they could not have supper SA  :D

Have you ever seen a film of anyone quitting for any reason?   :headscratch:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2010, 01:39:09 PM »
Only insofar as it increases SA, but most of the complaints I've seen here refer to aim.  If you were to disable guns in F3 mode, that would have no effect on the SA component.

Yes, aim as in using it to line up your plane for the shot when otherwise you could not see the bad guy.  Also for aiming at GVs.  A lot easier than using the the inside.  You can use your tail as your aiming point.

Most of the complaints about the use of F3 mode in the MA center on less than godly planes like the Sturmovik, but I don't buy that F3 mode turns Sturmies into unkillable snapshot machines.  I suspect that guys like ghi would probably still continue to be successful in them with or without F3.  His SA might take a hit, but he's obviously quite good at suckering people into making bad passes.

Not unkillable.  In those situations they use it to take down one or two guys no matter what the cost.  However, being able to see people other wise not visible  does help.  As I said, I use a P40 sometimes.  Not a great plane either.  Can I get F3 also?

But, I don;t care about the MA (unless of coarse someone asks).  There is no reason to have it on in the DA lake or other fields.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »
If you die to ghi's same neg G stick stir f3 shooting move more than once. You are a complete idiot.
who really cares about f3 mode? use it if you want to. that is what its there for. I use it in the A20 when bombing and the IL2 when popping turrets with the taters. Cant shoot worth a piss with it on. Not like i could shoot worth a damn anyways.

What is really funny here is that nobody has offered any proof that GHI uses F3 mode.  I haven't heard him say it but everybody just assumed we were talking about GHI when we hear of an IL-2 kicking buttocks.  Do we even know that he does use it?

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2010, 01:40:47 PM »
Have you ever seen a film of anyone quitting for any reason?   :headscratch:

So, we agree, it does not happen then?  Seems to be the reasoning in this BBS.  No film, it did not happen.

So, so far we have films of the shots being made and no film of anyone quiting from not having F3.  Therefore, is should be safe to conclude that F3 can safely go away  :old: :neener:

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »
What is really funny here is that nobody has offered any proof that GHI uses F3 mode.  I haven't heard him say it but everybody just assumed we were talking about GHI when we hear of an IL-2 kicking buttocks.  Do we even know that he does use it?

All the Best...

Jay

What is funny is that it is irrelevant.  It does not matter if he is using it or not.  This is not about him

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »
Yes, that's why they have one. 

The one stolen from the other 'profitable group'?

...the HiTech gave, and the HiTech hath taken away

:devil

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2010, 01:44:50 PM »
What is funny is that it is irrelevant.  It does not matter if he is using it or not.  This is not about him
+1
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2010, 01:46:58 PM »
Do we even know that he does use it?

To answer your question but add nothing to this thread, yes he has said in more than one post that he flies it in F3 mode.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2010, 01:48:15 PM »
To answer your question but add nothing to this thread, yes he has said in more than one post that he flies it in F3 mode.

When in an IL2, the only time I am not in F3 mode is when I check how match ammo is left lol

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2010, 01:52:57 PM »

I agree Dedalos but if you searched for GHI in this thread it would pour out lots of hits.  He's been mentioned over and over in these many pages of replies.  I'm just saying that the topic has become a "GHI uses F3" thread.  Now where are the frigging films of anyone doing it anyways?

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »
So, we agree, it does not happen then?  Seems to be the reasoning in this BBS.  No film, it did not happen.

So, so far we have films of the shots being made and no film of anyone quiting from not having F3.  Therefore, is should be safe to conclude that F3 can safely go away  :old: :neener:

Doh.  You pwnd me. 

I hereby challenge you to G6 duels!   :old:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2010, 01:55:42 PM »

the actual advantages in flying f3 mode is slim actually. ive tryed it many times (i admit) the only time ive ever seen when its good to use is when diving on someone or deflection shots.  its horrible to use in a turn/vertical fight(atleast for me) because for some reason i'll think im goin in the vertical when really my planes turning in the horrizontal, and i ddint realise it because of my point of view. and actually f3 mode can be a hinderance  when trying to line up a shot on a running plane. some planes (like the p47) are so fat they can block your sight when in f3 mode.

like i said b4 only time i truly use f3 mode anymore is when flying the p47D-11. and thats only because of its horrible cockpit design.(how the aiming is too the side)
Those are the advantages but you have a knack for understatement.  It took me about 2 weeks of flying to figure out the gunnery component.  I will give you some hints to try yourself.  1st, program your stick for internal and external views for quickness.

When directly behind someone aim in F3 by switching back to internal OR use the root of your rudder as your crosshair.  SA needs no explanation nor does lead shots in turns.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
I agree Dedalos but if you searched for GHI in this thread it would pour out lots of hits.  He's been mentioned over and over in these many pages of replies.  I'm just saying that the topic has become a "GHI uses F3" thread.  Now where are the frigging films of anyone doing it anyways?

All the Best...

Jay

You are right, it was turned into that by the people that need it but are afraid to say they do, or give any reason what so ever to have it on.  It was easy to just say that we ask for it to be off because GHI killed us.  I see the guy once a year and we are on the same side being vulched most of the time.

I think Joach1m and a few others posted a couple.  They may be in a different thread though