Author Topic: My Addiction!!  (Read 483 times)

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
My Addiction!!
« on: January 01, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »
Okay,
I'm the most addicted player currently playing now, and I'll prove it or challenge anyone to prove otherwise. I know it sounds lame and geeky, but acually it has actually helped me as I have learned how to build computers and upgrade computers because of this "addiction". 

It all started about 3 years ago (been playing longer though) I decided to build my own simpit and had a computer built by someone else for the "pit"
Some of you may remember the posts of it.

[/img]

This is the "first" pit I built, and the one I still fly in at home, although I am using a computer I built.

This next one is the second pit that I made and is basically the same as the first with a few minor structural changes.(frame is square for ease of construction and the keyboard is a shelf instead of a moveable drawer). Both of the first two models also function as computer workstations.

[/img]
This currently has a 23 inch monitor and my old PC running it. All Saitek controls.

The next one (#3) was conceived for non PC gamers, the xbox and ps/3 types. It was very basic and easy to build.

[/img]
This model has a 32 inch tv monitor, and may end up in the new Prineville Facebook Data Center employee breakroom being built across from my business.

The fourth model is a culmination of all the prior models. It is a extremely functional computer work station, a personal media/gaming  center for xbox/ps3 gaming, a personal home theater system and of course a SUPREME flight simulator. It has a 32 inch 1080p monitor, and all CH products for controls. It has an exhaust fan for personal comfort. All the shelves can be moved to multiple different locations. The shelves and removable desktop are steel backed black plexiglass. The desktop stores out of the way but inside the frame when flying.
[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

All of the "pit frames" are easy to assemble in about ten minutes and are absolutely rock solid, as they are welded steel components slipped into steel pockets with set screw tighteners. All are completely enclosed.
[/img]
[/img]

I'm going to build another and plan on it being built for easier shipping.
I'm currently building a computer for it that will have constant frame rates of 60 FPS with all settings on max for around $500.00 with the operating system.

Okay, let the slamming begin........
Flying since tour 84

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
Re: My Addiction!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »
Why didnt the pictures post?
Flying since tour 84

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 04:13:27 PM »
Flying since tour 84

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 04:19:33 PM »
Okay,
I'm the most addicted player currently playing now, and I'll prove it or challenge anyone to prove otherwise. I know it sounds lame and geeky, but acually it has actually helped me as I have learned how to build computers and upgrade computers because of this "addiction". 

It all started about 3 years ago (been playing longer though) I decided to build my own simpit and had a computer built by someone else for the "pit"
Some of you may remember the posts of it.

[/img]
This is the "first" pit I built, and the one I still fly in at home, although I am using a computer I built.
Flying since tour 84

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »
Please delete this post Skuzzy
Flying since tour 84

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
Please delete this post Skuzzy

well, at least let us see the pictures, please!  will ya?  I am interested!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
well, at least let us see the pictures, please!  will ya?  I am interested!

I reposted it!!
Flying since tour 84