Author Topic: GeForce 6600 256 mb ....  (Read 249 times)

Offline Thrash

• Zinc Member
GeForce 6600 256 mb ....
« on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »
Can't for the life of me figure out why AH does not use any of the 256 mb of video memory. I have looked around the boards but can't figure out why this is. ( I know this is an old card but that is all I have right now). Also why is the vid Internal?

Just updated card with latest drivers with no effect.

Any input would be very apriciated cause right now I have to turn everything way down as far as graphics so I have no stutter.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:31:44 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: GeForce 6600 256 mb ....
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »
The 6600 is a pretty low end video card.  It is reasonable to assume you would have to turn down the graphics a bit to get smooth gameplay.  I have a 7600GT and cannot run with the "Detailed Terrain" option enabled or my frame rate drops to low to keep the game playing smooth.

The video RAM is not something we have any control over.  NVidia's latest drivers use system RAM, when they can, instead of video RAM.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:26:50 AM »
If you're going by what you see in game (with the CTRL I) as far as what is being used in terms of video memory, then I wouldn't trust those numbers.  Something about that only relaying what Windows is reporting, and those numbers are no longer accurate.  I'm sure it's still using Video Card Ram though...

Offline Thrash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »
Ok, yeah I knew it was low end but though I might be able to get a little bit better performance out of it...hope to get a new system sometime next year any way...

Hey thanks for the feedback!