Author Topic: Never Thought This'd Happen  (Read 1035 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Never Thought This'd Happen
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »
you're parents have ordered you?

you in high school or college?

shut up and learn something  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
40 years?   What are you using punch cards?  lol

Yep, looks like I was wrong.  53 years ago (in its earliest version of the year 1967).

Other than the course evaluation after the class, which will not affect your grade, you can always complain to the department head, the registrar or even someone higher.

My advice is to talk with the other students about it and see if they agree with you.  They probably will.  Get finals over, write scathing course evals, and then follow up to the department and as far up as you can go.  If it is a new Prof, they won't have tenure and they won't have a lot of buddies ready to hang too far out for them.  If they're really that awful then it's up to you to make sure they are either taught how to do it better (by their superiors) or let go so that they are not damaging the education of others that take their classes after you. 

If you get a poor grade that you don't deserve, you and every other student in the class have an opportunity to challenge it due to the poor performance of the instructor.  Get everyone ready for that too, get emails, and motivate if he tries to flunk you all or something.  I'd personally pursue the guy if he's guilty of grade inflation as well, though they won't pull your personal grade down for that.

One question...  Grade inflation?  How?  If it does everything it was supposed to (it should since we just copy and paste the code) it gets one-hundred points, no questions asked.

As to the ordering, I don't know what my parents would do, but they'd probably take away the focal point of my year (my trip to Poland in the summer) permenantly.

Hey, uh, any of you guys own a foundry?  I'll need nerves (and balls) of steel.  I'm willing to try, though.   

-Penguin

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »
Yep, looks like I was wrong.  53 years ago (in its earliest version of the year 1967).

Especially when 1967+53=2020.   :rofl
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 11:46:14 PM »
I do not like school these days as teachers have NO authority at all. Students have no discipline or respect for authority.

AND ON TOP OF THAT, the cirriculum has been augmented to accomodate the dumber generation to the stage where learning is decided by how pretty your posters look and not on your intellectual ability. In all my classes we have not had tests on any of the subjects. I only had one class that had a test, and that was Math. I passed easily, but whats disturbing is I didnt even count the science test. this is grade 11, and I was asked.

How many planets we have, what their names are, what our nearest star was and what the planet types are. I did that in Grade 6...

It has gotten to the stage where I have failed subjects that I would have easily passed had they given me tests or essays, but insted made me make posters or models.

I was brought up in a traditional english style household. Do what your told, shut up and learn, memorise and improvise. But the system is built for those who have NO uprbringing at all, so its so dumbed down and cutsey its a foreign concept. And it causes me to fail. Which annoys me to no end.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 12:11:58 AM »
This is from my computer programming class, where we have been, for the past four months, attemping to use Microsoft Works Logo.  It is a graphical programming language, based around drawing pictures.  The data management methods are limited at best, and otherwise simple tools are cumbersome and awkward:

There you go, you answered yourself. The teacher probably realises what a retarded subject someone even more retarded (or MS biased or both) has chosen to the curreculum. I'm guessing that 'logo' is some ancient MS proprietary language long forgotten by MS itself lol. You should be learning platform independent coding instead. The problem with the schooling system today is that the bureaucracy is so stiff that teaching falls horribly behind the technological curve especially on the IT side (not talking about classes specialized on computing but general engineering etc.).
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 01:09:30 AM »
So, the jist of it is: Suck it up, the course isn't worth much

Oh man :eek:, am I screwed, I don't think that you guys understand- there is no manual, textbook, or website! 

:(

-Penguin

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=logo+programming+language&l=1

and to make it even easier for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo_(programming_language)#Further_reading

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 09:54:49 AM »
gotta love it, i had a pre cal teacher in hs who would kick people out for asking her to explain the material lmao. most people passed anyways because she would leave the room for like 10 mins everyday and students exchange answers. usually aquired through taking a few graded papers off her desk from other classes. unfortunately i had her twice so that was 2 years of passing without learning much at all. thx a lot
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »
Especially when 1967+53=2020.   :rofl

Argh, can't even do a simple addition problem, it was 43 years ago!

-Penguin