Author Topic: Make the P51D a perked aircraft  (Read 6762 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Make the P51D a perked aircraft
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
not entirely, ive outturned -4s and 1Ds in the B model, and im using a mouse. but the f4us do have alot more armor than the pony

2 pilots of the same skill in a dual  the one in the -4hog will win. The hog holds all the cards. The numbers dont lie. If they ever model the P-63 the 51 would have its hands full with that. As a matter of fact co-alt co-e below 13k the 51 will have a tough time with the p-39. The point is the P-51 has no need of a perk price.
See Rule #4

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
Wrong Skorpion, the Spit XIV is a beast and deserves to be perked. I would guess you have never flown it..it is a monster.

As far as the C-Hog goes it is perked for a reason. It has the ability to really dominate in the arena. It was perked for just that reason years ago. Probably the best ride in the game and had a huge impact prior to being perked.

RTR
you would have guessed wrong. i see no difference (other than speed) in a spit14 than when using a spit8/9

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2011, 04:04:15 PM »
you would have guessed wrong. i see no difference (other than speed) in a spit14 than when using a spit8/9
spit14 flies more like an uber mustang than a spitfire. theres alot of differences
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2011, 04:05:41 PM »
spit14 flies more like an uber mustang than a spitfire. theres alot of differences
*sigh* im no good in the spit or p51...therefore i see no difference! im more of a 109 guy.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »
Grab the F4U-4 and compare it with the P51D, compare the performance differences, the gun package differences, and ordnance differences, and then report as to why you the F4U-4 is perked and the P51D is not.

Double check your answers.

Grab the Spit14 and compare it with the P51D, compare the performance differences, the gun package differences, and ordnance differences, and then report as to why you the F4U-4 is perked and the P51D is not.

Double check your answers.

Perking the P51D does have its merit, other than the fact that the crying would be worse than a gym full of 300 children who just saw Barney get killed.  :lol

F-4u4 can out turn a spit-sixteen and is faster then the pony (it is also the best plane in the set).
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »
Having nothing to do with the gameplay.... NO.

Bad for business!  5 years ago, the first thing I hopped into was a Mustang, as do many newbs (and noobs).
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 05:57:58 PM »
I dont think Hitech will fall for this wish. Long ago he came to realize that most people wish for changes that favor their strengths. However Im betting the OP made this particular wish just to get replies.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Avanti

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2011, 05:45:44 AM »
I dont think Hitech will fall for this wish. Long ago he came to realize that most people wish for changes that favor their strengths. However Im betting the OP made this particular wish just to get replies.

Actually no I didn't

I think both aircraft are too over used and the field should be leveled out,
Nearly every second aircraft is a Spit16 or a pony

I'm not asking for a huge perk price, 1 or 2 perks is all i'm asking

Avanti

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2011, 05:49:24 AM »
Actually no I didn't

Avanti
spit16 does everything good. not great. no need for perks for a plane that can be outflown when done correctly. P51 also has a few disadvantages and no severe advantages over other aircraft needing it to be perked either. If the 51D could turn like a 51B AND fly as well and fast as the 51B at alt AND have hispanos... Then it would need a perk...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
 The P-51s are very forgiving rides. You can fly um like you stole um and the wings stay on. You can recover from all kinds of flying mishaps but you can't say the same for the Spit 14. The p-51 needs no perks.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »
Actually no I didn't

Avanti

Just because a plane is popular is not a valid reason to perk the plane unless it has been established that the popularity of the plane has a negative impact on the game play.  Since the P-51D and the Spitfire Mk XVI do not negatively impact game play, there is no reason to have them perked just because you feel they are being over used.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song