Author Topic: total de-gunning a plane?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: total de-gunning a plane?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
Nope, but I avoid going head on with anyone. Learn some ACM's and never loose a gun

All I was saying is that as long as you fight a fight, not just spray and pray, there is very little chance for anyone to land hits on you. Look at some of the top stick flying. Think back when you had a shot at them. They get skinny at just the right moment, the turn the right way to deny you the shot you were going for, and they work to force you into a spot that if you are not good at getting skinny they WILL fill you full of holes. 

A very large percent of the threads are kids asking naive questions...

total de-gunning.... ya it happens, mostly do to being stupid and getting yourself in the line of fire.

which plane do you shoot first..... the one in my sites! then move because 6 other bozo's are trying to jump your ass! It's call "target of opportunity"

which plane gives you fits.... anyone thats flown well! come on! The Spit16 is a great plane, but if 20 dweebs come at me the odds are still in my favor, but send just one of those "brits" that fly them all the time, I'm screwed.

To many kids in this game playing it like it's WoW. Don't get me wrong, there are some kids that know more of the history about WWII than I would have thought, and some of these kids are very good for the game. On the other hand, it's really starting to sound like a facebook page around here.

Nice troll.  Well done. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 06:08:14 PM »

All I was saying is that as long as you fight a fight, not just spray and pray, there is very little chance for anyone to land hits on you. Look at some of the top stick flying. Think back when you had a shot at them. They get skinny at just the right moment, the turn the right way to deny you the shot you were going for, and they work to force you into a spot that if you are not good at getting skinny they WILL fill you full of holes. 

A very large percent of the threads are kids asking naive questions...

total de-gunning.... ya it happens, mostly do to being stupid and getting yourself in the line of fire.

which plane do you shoot first..... the one in my sites! then move because 6 other bozo's are trying to jump your ass! It's call "target of opportunity"

which plane gives you fits.... anyone thats flown well! come on! The Spit16 is a great plane, but if 20 dweebs come at me the odds are still in my favor, but send just one of those "brits" that fly them all the time, I'm screwed.

To many kids in this game playing it like it's WoW. Don't get me wrong, there are some kids that know more of the history about WWII than I would have thought, and some of these kids are very good for the game. On the other hand, it's really starting to sound like a facebook page around here.

I actually fight a good number of the top sticks in the game fairly regularly, I know how they defend, and I know how to do that my own self too.  I'm not talking about duels though, I'm talking about the main arenas, and that's a whole different beast.  And in the main arenas, especially in furballs, you're just going to get some guys that line up and ho, over and over and over.  You can't always dodge those guys, so you will get shot in the face.  Sometimes you make a bad pass on a bomber, or it turns out you made an attack on 999000 and no matter what angle you come at you get hit, so you get shot in the face.  That's just how it is.  In a duel, that's an entirely different story. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 06:27:36 PM »
Only time I have ever had it happen to me was in an IL-2.  Kind of hard to avoid HOing a Wirblewind.   :noid
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 12:59:33 AM »
Have lost all 8 303s in a Hurri 1 due to one pass on a B17 formation. Lost an aileron too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:44:29 AM by palef »
Retired

Offline Ctrl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 01:32:03 AM »
ive noticed that on allmost all my sorties in p47s or p40Es ive had atleast one gun shot out. my standing amount right now is 3 guns disabled in a p40E.

has anyone ever had there plane completly de-gunned?(have all guns shot out/disabled)

Did someone shoot it out or did it just become disabled?

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 01:41:43 AM »
Did someone shoot it out or did it just become disabled?

shot out

Offline Ctrl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 01:43:13 AM »
shot out

I've had a few sorties were some of my guns have been shot out. Was it like a few pings and there gone?

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 03:00:01 AM »
De-gunned in all American fighter aircraft. Besides p39s and p38s.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 03:16:40 AM »
Yes, I've also been shot from behind and taken a pw and lost my hub cannon before. :(
-AoM-