Author Topic: Weird TrackIR issues  (Read 412 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Weird TrackIR issues
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »
Recently my TrackIR has been acting really... funny...
It won't track unless I'm REALLY far away from the camera...even then the field is extremely limited.
Sometimes it will work completely normally... and then I'll run Aces High (which will invariably crash for whatever reason), boot everything up and TrackIR won't work again.
I'm using TrackIR 4 with the Track Clip Pro... anyone got any ideas on what I can do, even just to know what's wrong?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Weird TrackIR issues
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »
What version TIR software are you using?  I'm using TIR4 hardware with the ProClip and version 5 software.  I sit about 3 feet from the camera and have no issues.

Is this a recent problem?  What has changed in your system/setup?  Is the camera front clean, or did you put a big old sticky fingerprint on it?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »
I'm using the most recent release of TIR4 (which I had reinstalled incase it might be a software issue). I didn't think about wiping the lens, that's cured issues for me before.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:26 PM »
Also check the tracking via Track IR Bubi, if it loses sight of the points of light, it gets flakey. I find if AH drops, I have to restart trackir also.

Would also check for any errant light sources behind you, as it gets a bit freaky at times when you get them.

Check also that your trackclip hasnt dropped down a tad (makes tracking the light points a pain if its not pointed at the camera)

Wurzel (Have a fantastic new year bud)
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
I didn't think about wiping the lens, that's cured issues for me before.
That feel when you solve an issue that's been keeping you from playing for like two months with 30 seconds and a Windex infused wipe

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
Also check the tracking via Track IR Bubi, if it loses sight of the points of light, it gets flakey. I find if AH drops, I have to restart trackir also.

Would also check for any errant light sources behind you, as it gets a bit freaky at times when you get them.
Yeah, I've had issues with that before, first on the check list.

My Track Clip is pretty throughout screwed up after about 2 years of use (and being knocked and crushed on several headsets), so it's pretty much stationary at this point with electrical tape.
It's tracking pretty well now with the lens cleaned, the dots are much brighter on the tracking view.

Happy New Years to you as well :)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 12:29:45 AM »
My wife bought a mirror on a stand took me weeks to figure out why my Track IR used to jump about   :joystick:,
it depend on what angle she had left it on :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario