Author Topic: Challenges to the DA..  (Read 5995 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Challenges to the DA..
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2011, 01:28:07 PM »
I love the people who think everyone uses F3 mode in the DA.....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »
Oh this cannot be true, I have found most challenges come from someone who is at the cusp of being good but thinks they are great ATM, usually challenging someone whom they believe to be lees capable than themselves. It is quite rare indeed for anyone to challenge someone whom they are quite sure is better than themselves. Sometimes the "challenged" is an unknown shade and the two actually go to the DA and the FUN  ;) is very one sided  :aok :aok :rofl :rofl

JUGgler

Man, I don't really see any point at all in fighting someone you know you can beat.  I guess it's good practice.  The real fun for me is in fighting guys that can beat me.  I learn from that and feel like I get better if I keep at it.  I love fighting guys in the DA.  I love the mains for different reasons, they each are their own brand of fun, but when there are several guys doing informal 1v1s with deck merges and all that, man that stuff is just a blast.  I'll get shot down a thousand times in a row if I can in that situation.  I don't mind at all getting my butt handed to me in there.  I love the DA.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »
ya once im back in game......(taken to damn long)    i enjoy going to the DA its realy great to learn and understand the workings of a 'dogfight' but its only learning when its against someone who is better, that is when its the best for me.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »
Man, I don't really see any point at all in fighting someone you know you can beat.  I guess it's good practice.  The real fun for me is in fighting guys that can beat me.  I learn from that and feel like I get better if I keep at it.  I love fighting guys in the DA.  I love the mains for different reasons, they each are their own brand of fun, but when there are several guys doing informal 1v1s with deck merges and all that, man that stuff is just a blast.  I'll get shot down a thousand times in a row if I can in that situation.  I don't mind at all getting my butt handed to me in there.  I love the DA.

I love the few peeps who will up a 202 against the mighty late war horde! <-- There is great humor in that madda. It is the guys who laugh and make me laugh that are the most fun in this game!!

<S> Madda

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »
pffft da means nothing. When i would da somebody all they ever do is climb 15k above agreed merge alt then right b4 viz they scream down to said alt and fight u in f3 mode. Not saying everybody has but the good majority do and it's really pathetic. I've had the pleasure of what I consider some of the best sticks in the game beat the snot out of me and I loved it but the rest of you (and you know who you are) should be ashamed of yourselves    :banana:   

Pot calling the Kettle black, DMGOD??????? Not once have you DA'd me when challenged. Anytime time you wanna put your big boy pants on in the DA, I will gladly give you a FAIR fight to stop your MA ranting.

The REV

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
I love the few peeps who will up a 202 against the mighty late war horde! <-- There is great humor in that madda. It is the guys who laugh and make me laugh that are the most fun in this game!!

<S> Madda

JUGgler

Man I love the 202.  Some of  my absolute most fun nights in AH have been flying 202s.  Really a blast in that plane, not to mention it's got the all time best skin!

:salute
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
6 Pages  :noid
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2011, 09:25:40 AM »
6 Pages  :noid

.....at least we know you can count......whats your next trick?

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »

....he ment this topic is on its 6th page.

derp? :rolleyes:

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »

:noid
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »
Fellow AHers..

Maybe I'm not up to speed w/respect to current MA etiquette (well, if there is any to speak of :lol).
In the olden days it was custom to challenge somebody from the MA to a duel in the DA, and usually this wish was granted.

It looks like this has pretty much disappeared and often gets refused. I think that's pretty sad because it used to be a win/win: you either got satisfaction and your opponent learns something or you get whopped mercilessly and .. learn something.

Is this tradition gone?

Using the DA for chest beating has died away pretty much. There are folks who setup little get togethers in there on ocassion. Very fun setups too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2011, 11:16:01 AM »
Sometimes the "challenged" is an unknown shade and the two actually go to the DA and the FUN  ;) is very one sided  :aok :aok :rofl :rofl

JUGgler

Well, I hope he does not get mad since it was done for fun only but this one time SkyRock got into it with Hub.  Ended up with Sky asking Hub to the DA.  So, Hub decided it would be more fun if he accepted the duel but have me log in as him.

We let him thing for a couple of weeks that his beatings were delivered by Hub  :neener:

Again, he knows about about it and everyone laughed for a long time over it  :lol

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
Well, I hope he does not get mad since it was done for fun only but this one time SkyRock got into it with Hub.  Ended up with Sky asking Hub to the DA.  So, Hub decided it would be more fun if he accepted the duel but have me log in as him.

We let him thing for a couple of weeks that his beatings were delivered by Hub  :neener:

Again, he knows about about it and everyone laughed for a long time over it  :lol

Hahahah funny......Die!
 :t
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2011, 04:33:57 PM »
Well, I'm late getting my $0.02 in this topic......

I don't DA and tell everyone who challenges me to DA just that "I don't DA".  Reason?  because 99.89% of those making the challenge are POed that they got greased by a mediocre player and need to redeem their "superior" pee-lot status.  I will readily acknowledge that it was not my prowess as a pee-lot that allowed me set them up and shoot them down, just that i was able to capitalize on a mistake on their part.  I feel that if I DA'ed with a POed pee-lot, I'd gain nothing to add to my skills set.

All of that said, i have contradicted myself a few times over the years of playing AH (like 3 or 4 times) by going to the DA with someone that I recently shot down in the game, and it was not because they raged at me either but because I felt that I could learn something from them and them approached the whole DA matter as an adult vice as tantrum-throwing child.

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »
Well, I'm late getting my $0.02 in this topic......

I don't DA and tell everyone who challenges me to DA just that "I don't DA".  Reason?  because 99.89% of those making the challenge are POed that they got greased by a mediocre player and need to redeem their "superior" pee-lot status.  I will readily acknowledge that it was not my prowess as a pee-lot that allowed me set them up and shoot them down, just that i was able to capitalize on a mistake on their part.  I feel that if I DA'ed with a POed pee-lot, I'd gain nothing to add to my skills set.

All of that said, i have contradicted myself a few times over the years of playing AH (like 3 or 4 times) by going to the DA with someone that I recently shot down in the game, and it was not because they raged at me either but because I felt that I could learn something from them and them approached the whole DA matter as an adult vice as tantrum-throwing child.

Huh?

Nice sig.
See Rule #4