Author Topic: That plane....  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: That plane....
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
Speakin of Brewsters. I love em. but it seems that after Ive had my bit of fun ive got 5 or 6 bad guys on me on the deck no ammo and no fuel.  :D Makes for some serious SA training just to see how long you can stay up with these guys on ya.  :neener:
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
Some planes are more capable than others but I think you get my point.  For instance you in a KI-84 is easy mode, Grizz or Kappa in a 262 is easy mode, CorkyJr or Delirium in 38's is easy mode, Krupinski in a K-4 is easy mode.  Bruv in any darn Spit is easy mode.  Cobia in an A-20 is easy mode.  Slapshot in an SBD is easy mode.  All of these examples are pilots that have mastered their favorites to the point of easy mode.  Nothing wrong with it, we all have our favorites.  It is not just the plane, and not necessarily just the pilot.  It's the pilots stick time in a particular plane that yields the easy mode.  No plane in this game grants you magic flying ability.

SBD ?  :confused:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »
You see my line of thinking Caldera, but I do not want to get ahead of the discussion.  Let's see where the data came from first Sir.

I see you line of thinking ... but it ain't gonna work.

The Navy flew the B-339, while the export version was the B-239 ... key word is "export version". Same basic airplane but different configuration. Think of it along the lines of the F4F and the FM2 ... same basic plane but different configuration.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »
SBD ?  :confused:
I believe he's thinking of SnapHook.
Lighten up Francis

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2011, 10:36:11 AM »
I believe he's thinking of SnapHook.

Or he meant to say ... FM2 ...  :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2011, 11:50:43 AM »
 :lol That did occur to me after the fact  :P
Lighten up Francis

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2011, 12:44:10 PM »
SBD ?  :confused:

LOL.  Apologies, FM2 it is.  Consider it for the compliment it is Sir.  Got the screennames messed up.

I see you line of thinking ... but it ain't gonna work.

I am not trying to get something to work here Slap.  Caldera just took my thoughts a step further.  Just honestly curious about this plane that everyone seems to have doubts about.  I have no troubles with it.  Strictly in learning mode, not "let's crucify the Brewster" mode.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »
Brews ki84's and dora's. hate them . Considering i'm in the K4 90% of the time i like fighting spits lala's and other 109's. but i love fighting 38's. It's always fun to run into a guy who knows the plan co alt and get into it with him(or her). As fare as pony's are concerned i laugh at most of them. 99% :rock make 2 turns and run. Then i got to use up my wep to show them they arnt as fast as they think they are :)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »
Bloo planes...... they should not be allowed off the deck IMO

I like engaging La7's ( I fly one usually)
Ludere Vincere

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2011, 05:57:31 PM »
LOL.  Apologies, FM2 it is.  Consider it for the compliment it is Sir.  Got the screennames messed up.

I am not trying to get something to work here Slap.  Caldera just took my thoughts a step further.  Just honestly curious about this plane that everyone seems to have doubts about.  I have no troubles with it.  Strictly in learning mode, not "let's crucify the Brewster" mode.

:salute

Way

Thanks for the compliment ... much appreciated ... I knew what you were trying to say ...  just messin' around :salute

There was a very involved and detailed thread some time ago that Wmaker was involved in, in regards to the the modeling of the Brewster after it's initial release. He provided very detailed and reputable sources that prompted Pyro to make the adjustments mentioned in that release that was quoted.

In all the years that I have been playing this game (9 years this February), this was only the 2nd time that I have seen or can remember a player who correctly sourced data that caused Pyro to make a change. The first time was when my squaddie (Bodhi) provided, at his cost, detailed data that proved that the FM2 did have WEP. When the FM2 was initially released, it had WEP, and then in a subsequent release, Pyro took it away. Bodhi's data convinced Pyro to give the FM2 WEP again, which made all the difference in the world to how it performed compared to the F4F.

Pyro has sources and data that most could only wish to have. Pyro takes modeling of these planes very seriously. Go to a convention some time and talk to him about it ... or just plain talk to him ... you will then understand his passion (in general) and how that passion flows into his work. If anyone can provide reputable data and sources, I believe Pyro is always willing to listen, but when it comes to anecdotal evidence ... forget about it ... it ain't gonna fly (pun intended).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:59:08 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights