Author Topic: CH Fighterstick  (Read 1986 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: CH Fighterstick
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
there is a good mod to change your castle to the 8way hat view, very easily done....then with the CM you can turn the 8 way into whatever, I got it set up to zoom in/out map and bring up text buffer, it is quite a reach to the 8 way, if that becomes an issue, easily fixed.

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:44 AM »
Homeboy had a mod for a two stage trigger.  It may be on his website that is listed earlier in this thread.  He did the mod on two sticks for me and it works great.  But you need to program it in CM.

I believe you need to take the stick apart and do  some modifications in side the trigger.

I just use the shift action to produce the kind of the same thing. No programing needed.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »
Can anyone tell if whether or not the CH Fighterstick has a 2-stage trigger (half pull and full pull to fire primary and secondary separately)? 

mine doesn't......although i have my 50's on a thumb button, and the 20mm on the bomb release button....then the normal trigger fires everything.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 05:52:13 AM »
I have used my CH stick and throttle with and without the CM.  The difference I see is the CH stick and throttle will work without the CM installed, but it is difficult to calibrate the X and Y axises without them spiking.  With the CM installed you can calibrate the stick and throttle and then go into the game and setup your controls and the X and Y axises are rock solid.

I do not use the CM software for anything else other than calibration.  I do use a game pad with macros to for other functions.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »
The difference I see is the CH stick and throttle will work without the CM installed, but it is difficult to calibrate the X and Y axises without them spiking.  With the CM installed you can calibrate the stick and throttle and then go into the game and setup your controls and the X and Y axises are rock solid.

I believe that's because when you install the CM, it installs the CH USB drivers; without CM, you're using generic Windows USB drivers.  That's probably why you experienced what you did.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »
I believe you need to take the stick apart and do  some modifications in side the trigger.

I just use the shift action to produce the kind of the same thing. No programing needed.

Not sure I'm following this one.. You mean that in order to fire just primarys for instance, you hold a shift key then trigger?  Right now I have fire primary mapped to a separate button (thumb 4-way), fire secondarys to the bomb release and fire all to the trigger. 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »
You need to install the CHCM and use the program to do this. All buttons have one function normal and if you program a button to be shift if you hold that button down then you get the shifted action. This doubles all your buttons. Normal action and shifted action. That is how I get a dual stage trigger as you call it. I have primary for normal and all foe shifted. Hope that makes sense.

If you need help with the CHCM I'm willing to help you out PM me and we can talk.
 I have a blank map that I can send you to get you started.
You will need to program your sticks with CHCM not in the game.

I would go to this sitehttp://snomhf.exofire.net/ [drivers and downloads and the the CH Control Manager Tutorial].  Read a little first so you can get the basics down. While you are there he also has some mod stuff one where you ask about the dual trigger but you need to take the stick apart and need a few other things from other sticks. This is beyond my abilities.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 09:41:44 PM »
also go here http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/forum.php for lot's of info on using the CH software. When I last looked the even had a CM for dummies.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL