Author Topic: most fun firearm you've ever shot?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: most fun firearm you've ever shot?
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
Almost forgot.......

Fired Uncle Joe's S&W Distinguished Combat Magnum. (.357)

Flames shoot out of the cylinder and it punches holes in 55 gal barrels.

Fired it ONCE without hearing protection. Had a headache for an hour.

WHAT? HUH? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

RRRRRIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg.
See Rule #4

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »
Marlin model 60 semi-auto .22 LR (when I'm not using CCI ammo which jams every third round).

My Winchester model 70 .30-06 (sounds like a cannon, but when she's dialed in she's lethal)

Nefari's AK-47's (now I gots to get my own)

I'm sure my 1922 Mosin-Nagant will be on the list once the weather gets better. I haven't even fired it yet.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
I love to shoot my Garand.  I've got a lot of guns including autos, but that is my absolute favorite and goes with me to the range every time I go.  My favorite non gun to shoot was the Javelin...  just wow.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »
M1 Garand took me by surprize, for being used to shotguns I thought it would kick. Or be noisy. But it wasn't.
My fav is still my 12 gauge USSR Baical, single barrel. Makes a kaboom, kicks like a mule, and with proper ammo it will kill a soaring seagull who thinks it is out of range. muhahahaha.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
SKS
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »
forgot about the M14. sweet weapon
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »
Mac10
45 Win Mag
Belgian Browning Hi Power (I really wish I hadn't sold that)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I would like to raise you:

:p

Russian M44. Props goes to Tupac for getting me hooked on his. The fireball, the sound, and the shockwave were so amazing, I decided I HAD to get one of my own. Two days later I stumbled on one at a gun show... and there she is! Definitely a favorite of mine because it gets EVERYONE'S attention at the range. They hear that crack and have to stop what they're doing and come over to ask about her. And because I own her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySVyP2APUow

Second is gonna be the SKS. Mostly because she's also mine.

Third goes to an M2 .50 for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:51:31 AM by Serenity »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »
I had a real sweet SKS but the AK's I had were better guns, same exact round but the SKS just couldnt let out the rounds as good, I had two 75 round drums for the AK's, hehe what a blast.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 02:50:26 PM »
I have fired a lot of firearms and I have to say that my newly purchased CVA Silver Trophy Hunter III is the most fun yet! I spent hours at the range Thursday firing this rifle. It is dead on balls acurate @ 250 yards.

The only problem at first was the actual firing of the rifle. You see it's a flintlock. I have a brown bess and you have to close one eye when firing that rifle because of the pan flash. With this CVA it directs the flash away from you. The rifle has a one second delay in actual firing time.

This rifle presents quite a challenge when hunting deer for the reaction time from pan flash to bullet exiting barrel makes for difficult shooting when the deer moves. I like a challenge though, Unlike some of these folks shooting deer with high powered rifles from 40 yards away, and they are 25 yards away from the 4X4 quad runner that brought them there.

"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
I had a real sweet SKS but the AK's I had were better guns, same exact round but the SKS just couldnt let out the rounds as good, I had two 75 round drums for the AK's, hehe what a blast.

I've got a Yugo SKS and I'm looking at getting an AK47 as a next gun. What type of SKS and AK did you use?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
This is classed as a firearm in England so I think it counts.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/Xbow.JPG

homemade from scrap wood and a leaf spring from an old van.

Much Fun!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »
L1A1..... I remember in training...it was the first weapon we were to shoot...the instructor told us to place our cheek on the stock to steady our eye for the site.....hahahaha  so many bruised cheeks..