Author Topic: This seems like a waste of resources....  (Read 5801 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: This seems like a waste of resources....
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 10:34:41 AM »
Firstly -your plane's engine sounds like an alarm and makes my ears bleed.

Secondly - blame yourself for trying to defeat 7-9 guys without a single advantage. They looked like they had nothing else to shoot down in that sector until your came along rambo style.

Haha, nice.

That's some funny soup right there Junky.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 10:38:03 AM »
 :rofl Funny vid Junky
Strokes

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:48 AM »
           I got jumped by all of the Pigs last night @ A239 minus you and Krup LOL....... I mean the whole friggin crew..... I set a new record for overshoots and then Way plowed into me on the way to the garage. All in all I thought it was pretty funny trying to dodge 7 or 8 aircraft....... Can't let it get on top of ya.
 :D

You didn't see the signs?

"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »
...either that or adjust the scoring system. It would most likely be a coading nightmare (but HT is soooooo good I'm sure he could do it with ease  :D ) but they could coad it so that if there is 1 or 2 guys after a lone guy you get full points, but as you add each additional guy in on the lone guy you split the points AND kill with everyone else with in 1k. The lone hunter, or winged pair would earn full points where "gangs" would earn only partial points.

Absolutely bad idea...for those who play for rank and score. 

Pretend I'm one of the score/rank guys:
I'm fighting with a guy, a friendly ignores my "I'm good please stay out".  Then another, and another...soon I've got 5-6 "helpers" and now my hard-earned kill (if I'm even awarded the kill) is worth 1/6?  WTF?  How's that fair?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
How is it fair for you to stay in the fight when that many friendlies join in?
-AoM-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »
...either that or adjust the scoring system. It would most likely be a coading nightmare (but HT is soooooo good I'm sure he could do it with ease  :D ) but they could coad it so that if there is 1 or 2 guys after a lone guy you get full points, but as you add each additional guy in on the lone guy you split the points AND kill with everyone else with in 1k. The lone hunter, or winged pair would earn full points where "gangs" would earn only partial points.

You are assuming they are all trying to kill him for score which is simply not true.  Most of those guys just want to record a kill.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
How is it fair for you to stay in the fight when that many friendlies join in?

:rofl
Ok, next time I'm in a good fight and others jump in to "help" even when I call them off...I'll just fly away and do some sightseeing.  I guess you want the bullies to rule the playground.  "Hey, that one green guy seems to be having fun...let's gang that single con he's fighting and he'll just leave so we can have fun instead of him."
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 11:25:37 AM »
By staying in, how are you not becoming a bully yourself?

If the fight is your fun it has already been ruined. Why contribute to further ruining it for your opponent?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:35:23 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »
Simple remove scoring system

I would be willing to bet that the guys in that horde all have fighter scores in the thousands. 

People don't do this because of score.  If they do, that's why they have a score in the thousands.  People do this because they have nothing else to shoot at, and because they suck.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 11:50:20 AM »
It's amazing the amount of times I get jumped, alone, by more than 5 guys. What's more amazing is the name of the guy who gets the kill. usually some 733t stick who you'd assume wouldn't need to gang so hard but quite obviously does.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »
How did this all end Junky? Did you get away? Looks like you were in deep #&$* when the film ended...
I agree this is a little extreme.. I did see your name on a people to kill list the other day. Maybe the mob attacking you thought there was a reward. LOL.
 :salute
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/dichotomy/Peopletokill.jpg

We get a free toaster oven anytime we kill a Pig...Thanks Waystin, I made toast on mine this morning... :salute

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:05:29 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »
How did this all end Junky? Did you get away? Looks like you were in deep #&$* when the film ended...
I agree this is a little extreme..

Well, let's examine the evidence.  We can throw all other evidence out except for the fact that the film ended with him staring out of the window of the tower, forlornly.  Well, that and I smelled bacon...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »
It'll stop happening when the whining about it stops being so dang funny... so I'm guessing no time soon.

Seriously though, as others have said, it's simply a matter of you being the only target in the area, seen it done with both red and green guys, it's not news.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »
You jumped into that sea of red alone and expected them to all stand off?   How long have you played this game?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 12:07:04 PM »
I would be willing to bet that the guys in that horde all have fighter scores in the thousands. 

People don't do this because of score.  If they do, that's why they have a score in the thousands.  People do this because they have nothing else to shoot at, and because they suck.

Pretty much spot on, blood thirsty newb is blood thirsty.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."