Author Topic: Reflection  (Read 1034 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Reflection
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:01 PM »
Soviet Bombers outside of the IL-2 were left out because I was trying to focus the event around JABOs and Heavy Fighters.

How is a Il-2 a JABO or Heavy fighter and the A-20 is not?  Just asking, not trying to start something. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
What I wanted was to have a plane set focused on fighters and JABOs. The IL-2 is a single engine attack aircraft, that's why I decided to go with it and not the A-20G, Boston III, or B-25. I was hoping that people would enjoy flying fighters in the JABO/Strike role over having to fly aircraft like the Boston or B-25 in a 1945 setup.

Besides Ar234 the Luftwaffe has to use the 190F-8 to carry any more ordinance than just 1 single 250 KG Bomb.

Looking at the scores for Frame 1, the Allies destroyed more objects than the Axis and kept the score fairly close, hard to believe after the reaction to frame 1.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »
What I wanted was to have a plane set focused on fighters and JABOs. The IL-2 is a single engine attack aircraft, that's why I decided to go with it and not the A-20G, Boston III, or B-25. I was hoping that people would enjoy flying fighters in the JABO/Strike role over having to fly aircraft like the Boston or B-25 in a 1945 setup.

Besides Ar234 the Luftwaffe has to use the 190F-8 to carry any more ordinance than just 1 single 250 KG Bomb.

Looking at the scores for Frame 1, the Allies destroyed more objects than the Axis and kept the score fairly close, hard to believe after the reaction to frame 1.

I see what you where heading too.  :aok

As for others, they do not like the 190D/109G-14, 109-K, 262 and 234 fighting the Il-2, La-5, Yaks and P-39a.  the La-7 has a fair chance of even balance.  That is true to a certain extent however, ppl are forgetting history.  Russians had air dominance at the time, we don't in this event.  If the axis want to have the 1:3 ratio event, that would be great.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:46 PM »
Bannor Posted something earlier today that I would like to (reflect) on. First of all Bannor, sorry you could'nt make it. Your Xo performed his duties as a Co perfectly! :salute. He contacted me b4 the launch and notified me of a map problem that was out of my hands. Once I rialized I had a big problem, I immediatly went to the country text to dissovle the situation, thinking the cm would be observing the channel.. Mystic was the Cm bouncer or set-up and he told me to look for Nefarious. I looked for nef and could'nt find  him so I told the allied to defend 87 base (field). (MY call).  In the next 2-5 minutes TracerX(CIC Axis) reached me via pm, and told me that Field should be target. We agreed as cic's for the 87 field to be target.  As soon as I figured this out I went to your squads base and ask for your xo on range( 1 minute till launch). :bolt:I asked for your xo on range and got him. Then someone of another squad told me to "quit using range" then I said " I am Tuk151 cic and I wil use the range if I want to..  That was it.    Enough said.
Thanks for backing me up Bannor. I respect the squad the guy is in, and the co is a good friend of mine. I think all that were there, heard it on range, and they should know that CIC can use the range, whenever he wants to prep his pilots at the last second.  That being said, Bannor thanks for your honorable post, and I will have your back.  Lets have a good next frame  .. Tuk151

PS. Hitech, give me at least 10 text channels to use as CIC... :pray
Thanks Bannor
Everyone needs a DAWG in their corner!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:21:18 PM by TUK »
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 06:21:09 PM »
Thank you sir. Just wanted to be sure you received the respect you deserve. I look forward to frame 2. Lets rock! :rock

:salute
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!