Author Topic: Green guy etiquette  (Read 12651 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Green guy etiquette
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:23 AM »
Hmm... let's see if we can keep this one short by cutting to the chase...

Everyone puts the line in a different spot for what they will and will not do in a fight ingame.  Do what you believe is right for you, and ignore everyone who whines about your style of play.  Appreciate so-called 'honorable play' if you like it, but don't expect it from anybody in the MA.

Delirium, if it's alright, YOINK!

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »
<S> to all good fights
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »
Delirium, if it's alright, YOINK!

I don't understand... maybe I'm just having a low caffeine blood level today.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »
That's sig material right there.  I wanted to yoink that quote for my sig, is all I was saying.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
I don't understand... maybe I'm just having a low caffeine blood level today.

Check his siggy  :aok
*edit He beat me to it! I must be far more tired than I thought :D
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »
I try and make a point of asking when I see a guy having at it with a badun.  No point in ruining his fun unless he asks for help.   I tend to throw myself in front of the conga line to clear a friendly too.  Seems safe enough since I don't really die, and it's fun to see if I can get them all to break.

If I know there is a good 1 v 1 going on I'll try and type on 200 that 'the 38G is out" so they know I'm not going to bounce the fight.

I also make very good bait, and I'll do my best to drag a conga line as straight as I can for friendlies to shoot.  I don't always survive those, but it's amazing how many multiple kill passes I can provide :)

In the end, the more of us having fun the better, so  I figure a little courtesy won't hurt.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »
If it is Mensa you are flying with, it is perfectly acceptable to clear his 12 o'clock. After he dies to the one at his 6 o'clock. you can kill that one too.

If you think you are having a 1v1 in the MA, your SA has failed you. They do not exist...   Personally, once I know someone I respect is in the area, I will make every attempt to keep the fight enjoyable for him, a good example was BillyD the other night. I knew he was in the area in a 109K, so I gave that 109K every courtesy I possibly could, including climbing up to a co alt/E status with me. This is tougher when someone isn't in the same model plane each flight, like Agent was doing later.

There is little point in having 3+ guys gang a con, it just increases the risk of friendly fire and it isn't much fun for the one being abused. However, diving into multiple cons and then complaining about being ganged on 200 is pretty stupid too.

Man that was an interesting night to say the least in AH, it went from just a few people battling it out to a full on horde over A239. Good fun tho Del....I appreciate the courtesy for what it is worth. I look forward to fighting you soon, you are one of the toughest and more creative 38 drivers I've met in cartoon combat.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
I let the 1v1's fight it out - don't want to ruin it for either the green guy or or the red guy.  I' let the friendly know on range.  And if multiples are on a  single I'll just keep my alt.   F4U climbs to friggin' slow to go wh*ring after an assist.

Different in a furball of course, and when close to an enemy base with cons upping.  Or if the red guy is a Dora...hate those things.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 12:12:55 PM »
I simply ask if someone needs help in the 1v1 situations.  Even in 2v1, I ask.  In a gigantic furball....If it is obvious someone is on the fray in 1v1, I ask.  In the total chaos of a prairie dust devil.....now that is tough, I am way too busy giving Check 6 and responding on local vox to various things....then I don't ask.

Just kind of raised this way and is the way I like to play.  If others enjoy playing differently then that's fine with me.

Side note:  If there ever could be a "GV Furball" then the rules could apply I suppose.  GV battles in my mind are dog-eat-dog and if I see ANYTHING I am taking the shot.  

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »
If it is Mensa you are flying with, it is perfectly acceptable to clear his 12 o'clock. After he dies to the one at his 6 o'clock. you can kill that one too.

If you think you are having a 1v1 in the MA, your SA has failed you. They do not exist...   Personally, once I know someone I respect is in the area, I will make every attempt to keep the fight enjoyable for him,

+1
Del gets "it".  :aok

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »

+1
Del gets "it".  :aok

Mensa doesn't like it tho.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »
Mensa doesn't like it tho.

I challenge my fellow muppets to steal my kills.  Kappa and Sunbat love clearing my twelve.   :D
If I can't kill the guy in due time, I don't deserve it, that's how I see it.  :aok

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »
I think the AH version of the golden rule works best.

HO, Vulch, Pick, bomb****, Hoard, RUN, Gang, Ram, unto others as you'd like to be, HO'ed, Vulched, Picked, bomb****ed, Hoarded, RUN from, Ganged, Ramed.

If what you are about to do, would make you PO'ed to have it happen to you, don't do it.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »
I think the AH version of the golden rule works best.

HO, Vulch, Pick, bomber, Hoard, RUN, Gang, Ram, unto others as you'd like to be, HO'ed, Vulched, Picked, bombered, Hoarded, RUN from, Ganged, Ramed.

If what you are about to do, would make you PO'ed to have it happen to you, don't do it.

On the other side of the coin.

What if you are engaged with several baddies, when another baddy comes in from his perch and HO shoots you from 1000 out?

Do you not have the right to track him down and try to return the favor?
See Rule #4

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho