Author Topic: Green guy etiquette  (Read 12784 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Green guy etiquette
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »
+1
Del gets "it".  :aok
Sounds like Muppet material to me.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
Do you not have the right to track him down and try to return the favor?

Personally I find going back and out-flying that individual for a good kill, is much more gratifying than going back and giving him a HO shot.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »
Personally I find going back and out-flying that individual for a good kill, is much more gratifying than going back and giving him a HO shot.

Point taken. Best to keep a level head.
See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »
Do you wear a cape with your tights?   

Howdy Ruf! Only on Titanic Tuesdays!  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »
Point taken. Best to keep a level head.

It definitely feels better to outfly them and kill them 'right' if the option presents itself.  Myself, I've been finding lately that quite a few people I run into are flying in a crowd, or just ahead of a crowd, and coming straight in for the HO.  In that case, I generally oblige them, reasoning that that's all they're worth, then I can get back to engaging the other bandits in the area.

Waystin-  :huh That's... quite the outfit.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
 In that case, I generally oblige them, reasoning that that's all they're worth, then I can get back to engaging the other bandits in the area.

Wiley.

so basically, you're a HO'tard yourself.  at least you admit it, which is the first step to recovery.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 02:05:57 PM »
Not precisely, Ack.  If I'm merging and I see a little bit of deflection, I don't HO them.  If they're alone, I don't HO them.

However, if they're the lead plane in a crowd and all I can see from 3000 out to 2000 out is a + because they have absolutely no intention of doing anything other than face shooting me, then yes, I oblige them.

Apparently that makes me a HO'tard.  I guess I'll just have to live with that.  I will attempt to sleep through the tears.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
If I can't kill the guy in due time, I don't deserve it, that's how I see it.  :aok

Its easy to say that when the last time you missed a shot was in 1982.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
I will not interfere with a 1vs1, if the guy asks for help, I will unless he is on my tard list then I just let him die, my tard list is WAY longer then the respected list, if I am in a 1vs1 you know damn well id rather die then get help, I dont think I have ever asked for help. in a "furball" there are no rules except kill as you can, if I am fighting multi cons well then I wont care if someone jumps in, I also wont care if they dont join, I DISAGREE with Del there are plenty of 1vs1's in the mains, and If im in a 1vs1 and see a green guy comming in I ask him to stay out before he gets a chance to interfer, if he ignores me, I break off from the con I was fighting to let him contend with the new threat, I dont care how any one flyes, just how I fly, I do wish more ingame, brought Honor to the game but it is what it is.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »
Ive always been fortunate that if I'm engaged 1vs1 and asked ppl to stay out..they always do. People have even returned the courtesy to make sure others don't interupt either.

Sometimes it sucks because you get a good dance going with that rare guy who doesn't ho and just wants to fight and next turn, you find 2 or 3 other friendlies pouncing on it (Mir, that was fun last night 38 vs 205 fight we had going on btw.)

Occasionally you get that LA or pony that every merge, starts spraying at 2k for your head and to that I say...Hes all yours if you can get him.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »
I DISAGREE with Del there are plenty of 1vs1's in the mains

I personally feel the more accurate way to put that would be, 'There are varying levels of distance from the nearest help in the mains' :D

Wiley.

JG11

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
1 vs. 1's are to be treasured in the MA's.  They simply do not occur that often.  When they do, enjoy the hell out of them! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »
There has been some discussion of ‘hordes’ and ‘picking’ lately.  I am guilty of both in my sordid past, but last night, I tried to ask on local vox before I dove in.

One time, I was third in a green conga line behind a red guy, and announced I was holding fire.  My immediate thinking was that if the other two broke off, I would take the shot.  (No claims on right thinking.) 

Another time there were a few shooting a set of B-24s from the six o’clock, and, without any radio calls, I slashed through and bagged one. 

A third time, there was a siren P-38J, pulling green guys out to sea and killing them.  Finally, I participated in a three man gang to bring him down.

Another time, I asked a friendly who I knew could here me, but was unsure if he had a mic.  I dove in when it looked like he was getting shot.   

So, if one goes beyond the “anything goes” philosophy, what is a practical set of standards with regards to taking a shot, or jumping into a fight?

At what point in a furball does etiquette go out the window?

At what point against a killer ace is ganging acceptable?

Funny  :lol  Every one acts like they have no clue and playing dumb.  But everyone does know, right?  Because if you really don;t know, then I have no clue how you go about your every day life.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
Anyone worth the salt on their balls can defeat any HO.  If not then they deserve it right to the face.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
Its easy to say that when the last time you missed a shot was in 1982.

:rofl  My first reaction, as well.