Author Topic: If you ever thought getting used to a TrackIR is hard...  (Read 1204 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: If you ever thought getting used to a TrackIR is hard...
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 07:43:55 AM »
i just ordered my trackir...should be getting it, and setting it up hopefully next week sometime......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:17 AM »
Sometimes when i drive my little car to watch back I start to think as it has a trackIR system on   :O    :bolt:

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 09:01:56 AM »
getting used to a saitek X65-F is not too shabby also... :joystick:

How you getting on with new stick?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
Ouch - I tried starting up w/o trackir after a long break from AH... not possible

I had never though it could be THAT bad. Going from hatview to TrackIr took me about 1 hour to "get it", and about one additional week to tweak the controller's settings for best performance.

The other way round is much more difficult. Pushing  different buttons in different combinations is much less intuitive than simply looking into any direction. It's like playing the piano during a fight. I'm not only unable to keep track of any enemy during combat, it even has a profound impact on my spatial awareness - suddenly the game has become two-dimensional and I'm constantly stalling, hitting the ground and unable to pull smooth & tight turns. Not to mention the suddenly appearance of a lot of blind spots in my view that simply hadn't been there when using the TrackIr.

A funny side note: I used Lake Furball in the DA to test & get used to the new setup. Several times I got a "good fight" while in reality I was flopping around like a fish out of water, stalling in my turns and giving out proxies by falling out of the sky. Seems the standard is bot very high there ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
How you getting on with new stick?

not bad actually, took me a week to stop being a shame to the squad  :lol We'll duel sometime and you'll find out  :t
now posting as SirNuke