Author Topic: Mods.  (Read 16558 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Mods.
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
Or you can just do it yourself with .squelch.

BBBZZZTTTTT!!

wrong answer.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »
just wonder how many people will admit to loggin in late at night, not to play the game, but to mostly discuss topics that are not allowed.  be it the latest political rumors, or the necessity of dating a sheep during cold weather.  :noid

some of the guys that posted here as you must follow the rules blah blah, are also some of the worst offenders of the rules. :D

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2011, 01:28:52 PM »
Silly question  :D  If 200 is a tunable channel by choice, why is it being moderated?  If we all move to 201, are the mods going to follow?  I can see the all channel and country channel being moderated, but why private channels?  What was the point of moving from Chanel 1 then?

That should be good for another 10 pages  :rofl  Its a serious question though
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
Political discussion that continues on 200 as I write this is why I got muted. I wrote 2 sentences in the discussion. I got warned for the 1st. And muted 10 min for elaborating in the 2nd. Then, after my ten minutes, I got mad and called out the mod on 200 because discussion went on for 30 minutes before I injected my 2 cents. So I just want to know if the cops have to follow rules or just make them up as they see fit.

Hehe,,, I seen the whole discussion. There should have been plenty of others more deserving than lilmak. Pieper always starts these trolls in the first place. Just perma-mute him.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »
Silly question  :D  If 200 is a tunable channel by choice, why is it being moderated?  If we all move to 201, are the mods going to follow?  I can see the all channel and country channel being moderated, but why private channels?  What was the point of moving from Chanel 1 then?

That should be good for another 10 pages  :rofl  Its a serious question though

Radio channels 200-299 are not private channels.  They are open to everyone.  The only unmoderated channel is the "Squad" channel as it happens to be the only private channel as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »
may I refer you to Reply # 61 of this thread, to help educate your self being with the parameters of online game play and socializing with in the confines of the viewing screen of Aces High  :)

Wrong answer? Are you sure?

Report is asking the HTC, some moderator, God, a piece of code, or some else to expend effort to fix your problem for you, when the ability to solve your problem lies in your own hands. .Report creates a mentallity of ganging, and mob rule, when no such machanisms are reqired. .Report puts the resposibility of fixing your problem in someone else's hands leading to frustration when delays occur or results are not achieved.

Whiners can fix the problem in 3 seconds [with .squelch] but will take 20 minutes writing a note explaining all the things that piss them off that people shouldn't be allowed to say on 200,  then wait while someone gets around to doing, fixing, or changing something. Report trips a digital counter that will mute the offender when it gets above a certain number, so .report can be abused by people who get their whole squad to report you if they choose. So then you have to have a fix for the abuse, those the abuse .report will be punished.

.squelch does not need to be monitored because it can't be abused.

Example #1

DrBone 200: <S> JUGgler gf.
Airjer 200: [some stupid political comment]
Magoo:200: [reply with similarly stupid, but conratictory political comment]
Player3 200: Stop talking politics you twits
Player4 200: WTF is with the political crap
Player5 200: This has nothing to do with the game
JUGler 200: Thanks Bone gf. I thought I had you on the double axel, hammil reverse.
Player6 200: Can you report someone for political crap?
Player7 200: Yes you can
Player8 200: <------ reporting Airjer
Player9 200  <------ reporting Magoo
Airjer 200:   [reply to contradictory stupid polical comment]
Magoo 200:   [reply to the reply to the stupid political comment]
Player10 200: STFU, you guys. This doesn't belong on 200.
Player11 200: Go the meassage boards if you want to talk about this crap.
Player12 200: I paid my 14.95 and it don't bother me player10 so u STFU
Player13 200: Where is Skuzzy when you need him?
Player14 200: skuzzy is typing the list of rules of things you can’t say…..
Player15 200: He'll be gone for about a year. Lol
DrBone 200:  You re-uppin?
Airjer 200:     [Yet another reply to the reply of the reply of the stupid polical comment]
Magoo 200:   [Yet another reply to the reply of the reply of the stupid polical comment]
Player16 200: Come on guys wtf?
Player17 200: Stop talking politics on 200
Player18 200: <---think airjer is a [something designed to beat the profanity filter]
Player19 200: <-------agrees with Player 18. hahahahaha
JUGler 200: yep.

And it goes on and on and on….

Because  the community is trained to believe it's job is to police other players, with a .report phylosophy. The idea is that what is offensive with be determined by a community aggitation and complaint system, and then the grand wizard will develop, out of these complaints, an understanding of what truly needs to be controlled and then act with muting of individuals. But because everyone is trained to think they are everyone's policeman, the inevidible hypocracy of engaging in 200 channel complaints about what is, and should, or shouldn't be allowed ensues.

Example #2

Airjer 200: [some stupid politicl comment]
Player1-Player 400: .squelch airjer
Player1-Player 400 .squelch Magoo
JUGler 200: Thanks Bone gf. I thought I had you on the double axel, hammil reverse.
JUGler 200: yep

When folks realize this fantastic computer generated world is completely in their own control, then there is no need to waste effort in getting third parties to police others for them. They just control what they want, and don’t want, to hear at the click of a buton.
.report and .squelch take the same amount of time to execute. But .squelch solves the problem instantly, and .report may produce no results at all.

For these reasons Squelch should be prefered. But hey, maybe some people like being in charge of others, even when they don’t have to be. But I think this leads to, and contributes to, aggitation, which in turn fuels what is trying to be prevented.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:50:40 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
Radio channels 200-299 are not private channels.  They are open to everyone.  The only unmoderated channel is the "Squad" channel as it happens to be the only private channel as well.

Check

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »
vink....it's so simple it's frightening. the rules are no politics in game. period. don't talk politics in there, and ya don't get smacked down.
 i believe most of us come in there to have fun, not talk about politics.

break the rules, pay the piper. so simple a cave man can understand it.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »
Wrong answer? Are you sure?

Report is asking the HTC, some moderator, God, a piece of code, or some else to expend effort to fix your problem for you, when the ability to solve your problem lies in your own hands. .Report creates a mentallity of ganging, and mob rule, when no such machanisms are reqired. .Report puts the resposibility of fixing your problem in someone elses hands leading to frustration when delays occur of results are not achieved.

whiners can fix the problem in 3 seconds but will take 20 minutes writing a note explaining all the things that piss them off that people shouldn't be allowed to say on 200,  then wait while someone gets around to doing fixing or changing something. Report trips a digital counter that will mute the offender when it gets above a sertain number, so .report can be abused by people who get there whole squad to report you if they choose. So then you have to have a fix for the abuse, those the abuse .report will be punished.

.squelch does not need to be monitored because it can't be abused.

Example #1

Airjer 200: [some stupid political comment]
Player3 200: Stop talking politics you twits
Player4 200: WTF is with the political crap
Player5 200: This has nothing to do with the game
Player6 200: Can you report someone for political crap?
Player7 200: Yes you can
Player8 200: <------ reporting Airjer
Player9 200  <------ reporting Magoo
Airjer 200:   [reply to contradictory stupid polical comment]
Magoo 200:   [reply to the reply to the stupid political comment]
Player10 200: STFU, you guys. This doesn't belong on 200.
Player11 200: Go the meassage boards if you want to talk about this crap.
Player12 200: I paid my 14.95 and it don't bother me player10 so u STFU
Player13 200: Where is Skuzzy when you need him?
Player14 200: skuzzy is typing the list of rules of things you can’t say…..
Player15 200: He'll be gone for about a year. Lol
Airjer 200:     [Yet another reply to the reply of the reply of the stupid polical comment]
Magoo 200:   [Yet another reply to the reply of the reply of the stupid polical comment]
Player16 200: Come on guys wtf?
Player17 200: Stop talking politics on 200
Player18 200: <---think airjer is a [some designed to beat the profanity filter]
Player19 200: <agrees with Player 18. hahahahaha
JUGler 200: yep.

And it goes on and on and on….

Because  the community is trained to believe it's job is to police other players, with a .report phylosophy. The idea is that what is offensive with be determined by community aggitation and complaint system, and then the gand wizard will develop, out of these complaints, an understanding of what truly needs to be controlled and then act with muting of individuals. But because everyone is trained to think they are everyone's policement, the inevidible hypocracy of engaging in 200 channel complaints about what is, and should, or shouldn't be allowed ensues.

Example #2

Airjer 200: [some stupid politicl comment]
Player1-Player 400: .squelch airjer
Player1-Player 400 .squelch Magoo
JUGler 200: yep

When folks realize this fantastic computer generated world is completely in their own control, then there is no need to waste effort in getting third parties to police others for them. They just control what they want, and don’t want, to hear at the click of a buton.
.report and .squelch take the same amount of time to execute. But .squelch solves the problem instantly, and .report may produce no results at all.

For these reasons Squelch should be prefered. But hey, maybe some people like being in charge of others, even when they don’t have to be. But I think this leads to, and contributes to, aggitation, which in turn which fuels what is trying to be prevented.

Very nice Vinkman.  You forgot Example #3 where people stop worrying about whats on 200 and who said a bad word, and actually look at where their plane is heading lol.  Why does anyone that does not care about politics, cares about people talking about politics?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »
vink....it's so simple it's frightening. the rules are no politics in game. period. don't talk politics in there, and ya don't get smacked down.

Hey Cap.  I think he is trying to say that people really can take care of the problem them selves instead of looking for a policeman.

Was that an AvA plug and I missed it?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »

Where does it say no politics in game?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »
Hey Cap.  I think he is trying to say that people really can take care of the problem them selves instead of looking for a policeman.

Gold Star <S>
Who is John Galt?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »

Was that an AvA plug and I missed it?

nah.....not this time. i would like to now take the opportunity to suggest to you all that the ava is a really cool arena to fly in though. i will also take this opportunity to insert a link to this weeks set up.  :aok
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,304327.0.html
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2011, 02:04:17 PM »
Where does it say no politics in game?

Skuzzy
Administrator
Plutonium Member

Reg: Apr 2000

View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #61 on: Today at 09:42:33 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Here is a really simple way to avoid any confrontation with a moderator.

Ask yourself one question before you say or type something.

"What does this have to do with the game?"

If the answer is "Nothing!", then do not say/type it.  Ta-da!

The community has the .report mechanism at its disposal.  Use it.  The moderators cannot be on 24 hours a day.  They also like to play the game and should be allowed to do so.

Political discussions are reason for moderator action or .reports.
   Report to moderator   Logged
I would love to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
Gold Star <S>

there would be no problem if people would listen to the rules. that is even easier yet, isn't it?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"