Author Topic: A20s  (Read 7032 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
A20s
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:07:05 AM »
Cobia, Bullz LOL  I was surrounded by rooks who were all very upset over their percieved idea that something you were doing was immoral and smelled of "C word" !!

wtg (kiss my havoc), the tyrades you created gave me much laughter !  <S>

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: A20s
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
has the A20 been nerfed as of late?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »
has the A20 been nerfed as of late?

Nerfed?  I had no idea it was a supper plane.  Cobia is the one needing nerfing lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:29:16 AM »
Cobia, Bullz LOL  I was surrounded by rooks who were all very upset over their percieved idea that something you were doing was immoral and smelled of "C word" !!

wtg (kiss my havoc), the tyrades you created gave me much laughter !  <S>

JUGgler

Chaos..... its what we strive for  :D    <S>

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
lol yea it's the latest F3 Fighter plane now
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »

sorry zoom, but i dont do the il2 overshoot bit
  i prefer to saddle up on a cons six and saw there wings off
  out of the thousands of planes i have shot down in an A-20 only a handfull have been done in F3

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »
flew a few sorties in it recently and had some wing breakage occur where I had not experienced that under similar circumstances before.  Also tore the elevators off several times in what I can only describe as pretty standard work.

Just curious if anyone else noticed anything or if I was just taking another stroll down anomaly road.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
flew a few sorties in it recently and had some wing breakage occur where I had not experienced that under similar circumstances before.  Also tore the elevators off several times in what I can only describe as pretty standard work.

Just curious if anyone else noticed anything or if I was just taking another stroll down anomaly road.

Wings always fall off if you were a bit fast and pulled on the stick.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:20 PM »

No, she's a feisty mistress and it was not an anomaly.  Control surfaces have a tendency to pop off with heavy G's at speed, soon followed by the wings themselves.   :joystick:

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »
I thought it pretty wild that the nits came in en mass with mostly Brewsters, A-20's, some LA7's, and the rest were ponies.

Town was white flag but they weren't there to make a take attempt.  All the rooks were low so it was a cherry-pickers delight for nits and they did well.  A-20 is under rated in some ways because it's an "earlier" war ride, but it turns very well (large wings) when it's not loaded down with lots of bombs or fuel.  Those guys last night flew them very well.  They had to because A-20's don't dive well and parts break off at high speed dives.

It's no different than in Air Warrior when plenty of guys would dogfight (especially 1 v 1's) in those A-26's we had.  Those guys who racked up hundreds of scalps in them were something else.  Ya had to respect that.  Wish we had A-26's.  :pray
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:00:28 PM by ROX »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
i'd rather take a b25C with strafer option than an a20.  :airplane:

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:47 PM »
  sorry zoom, but i dont do the il2 overshoot bit
  i prefer to saddle up on a cons six and saw there wings off
  out of the thousands of planes i have shot down in an A-20 only a handfull have been done in F3
I can confirm that :salute

bastid.....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »
A20s are frekin awsome.

You cant help but laugh when they come up thinking its easy meat but end up chasing them down. Very nimble and Ive seen Cobia do some serious damage
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »
For those two not so much. They are just that good in them.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »

thats why its not an easy mode plane,you have to constantly watch your speed or you loose parts.
  but once you figure out the edge of the tear off speed, you can do some wild things with it and thats what makes it fun.