Author Topic: Not that it matters all that much but....  (Read 633 times)

Offline kculon

• Copper Member
      • http://fotgfilms.com
Not that it matters all that much but....
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »
My AvA score hasn't updated all last tour. Is there a problem with the scoring system, or have I not paid off the right people :-)
~kc

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Not that it matters all that much but....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »
In the recent past, there was much dweebery and gnashing of teeth as it related to score and gameplay.  They turned off scoring for a while to see if it changed anything.  Perhaps they figured it did, or just forgot to turn score back on.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »
KC, I can't be sure what the actual explanation is for that one.  What Imadot says is true about discussions in the past to turn it off.  Thank you for posting this thread and I hope that it will get the proper response, with a definite answer.  I don't want to discuss any further, but I think they will be enabled soon, if not already.

:salute For allowing me to help a player work through some issues while flying in the arena.  I was very sad to see you leave though, as I would gladly have quickly been there to engage you.  LD are always welcome in the AvA.  In my book, you guys helped to set the bar for what historically inspired combat in this game should resemble.

Offline kculon

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 06:46:25 PM »
KC, I can't be sure what the actual explanation is for that one.  What Imadot says is true about discussions in the past to turn it off.  Thank you for posting this thread and I hope that it will get the proper response, with a definite answer.  I don't want to discuss any further, but I think they will be enabled soon, if not already.

:salute For allowing me to help a player work through some issues while flying in the arena.  I was very sad to see you leave though, as I would gladly have quickly been there to engage you.  LD are always welcome in the AvA.  In my book, you guys helped to set the bar for what historically inspired combat in this game should resemble.

No problem, I only left since you were busy and there were no others in the arena. Had some fun today tho, Hog vs zeke/nik. I'll be around, I enjoy the arena.
<S>
~kc

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:49:19 AM »
My AvA score hasn't updated all last tour. Is there a problem with the scoring system, or have I not paid off the right people :-)
~kc

here's how ya judge your score.

1) did ya have fun? if so, then you kicked ass
2) did ya have fun? then you scored well
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »
In the recent past, there was much dweebery and gnashing of teeth as it related to score and gameplay.  They turned off scoring for a while to see if it changed anything.  Perhaps they figured it did, or just forgot to turn score back on.

i think it changed things. it's been nearly 2 weeks since i've been able to fly, before this set up. this set up has been non-stop fighting, low alt, in close, knife fighting.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »
i just checked the arena, scoring is on near as i can tell. perkies are off. We just had the monthly reset so everyone will be a zero anyway. i know ranking works, but perkies dont. i hope that helps!

Offline kculon

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
Yes Cap, I had fun, normally do in the AvA. No scoring is fine with me since mine is always low. Thought maybe there was a bug in the system since within the AH website pilot score AvA is listed. But as my post topic says, it really doesn't matter to me....... Lets turn off scores in the mains for a month :-)
<S>
~kc

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 10:23:45 AM »
Yes Cap, I had fun, normally do in the AvA. No scoring is fine with me since mine is always low. Thought maybe there was a bug in the system since within the AH website pilot score AvA is listed. But as my post topic says, it really doesn't matter to me....... Lets turn off scores in the mains for a month :-)
<S>
~kc
:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"